THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I'm in the opposite, I secured 1 pair for MP's and 3 Tiff Dunks...I wanted to double on the MP's, hopefully I find someone willing to make a trade...
Any size 9 of Tiff's!?  
smile.gif

I am gonna try online for MP's but my hopes are low lol

By this time tomorrow. 30 more pages of hate and rage lol

Or it could be 30 pages of order confirmations. I've seen twitter link only releases not get sold out on the first day. I really think NDC have many pairs of these.

Last edited:
Would say it's little bit of both, kinda took the excitement out of locking down a pair and having to throw down money for a new tire and rim as a college student plus the high retail of these
That is definitely a bittersweet type of situation.  I've been there as a college student and tires/rims aint cheap.

I think I'd still feel pretty good about locking down a pair though above all else 
laugh.gif

Any size 9 of Tiff's!?  :smile:

I am gonna try online for MP's but my hopes are low lol

All sz 10.

I think the MP's won't be as limited as the preludes but still difficult to cop because Nike will release limited quantities to feel out the demand, IMO.

Last edited:
I also think they are gauging the interest(it's there) on the IX first. They can always make more.
Good point here.  At least from a business standpoint, it's better for them to slightly undercut the projected demand?  (I'm no expert)  They'd rather have this than pairs sitting around 

Good point here.  At least from a business standpoint, it's better for them to slightly undercut the projected demand?  (I'm no expert)  They'd rather have this than pairs sitting around 

I thought Nike made money selling to retailers. If a shoe sits it's the retailers loss, not Nikes. What sense does it make to limit a shoe in hopes it doesn't "sit", while also losing out on tons of cash from consumers that want and don't have access to the shoe? What other business has this model? Video games, cars ect are sitting all over the world. How does making something obtainable hurt Nike?

I thought Nike made money selling to retailers. If a shoe sits it's the retailers loss, not Nikes. What sense does it make to limit a shoe in hopes it doesn't "sit", while also losing out on tons of cash from consumers that want and don't have access to the shoe? What other business has this model? Video games, cars ect are sitting all over the world. How does making something obtainable hurt Nike?
I know and now agree...  this is why I added a "?" and a '(not an expert)' to my post.  Didn't exactly think through it beforehand.

I guess I was posting what initially came to mind.  I'm an enviro consultant and deal with waste reduction/leaning processes.  Lots of stuff just sits around the world.  Probably just wishful thinking on my part that some businesses who could do better.

Just got a call from House Of Hoops on 34th NYC. Tried to ask the chick how many per size they got in and she could not tell me.

iks mod iks mod I wasn't replying to challenge your theory. It was more of a general question. I would really like to pick the brain of a Nike decision maker to see what their thought process is. I understand the hype building but I though that was what the Preludes, events and commercials were for. I get the NRGs being limited (their Kobe's version of the KD DC Preheat) but why the official debut of the 9 too?

One last point. These shoes cost Nike what, $30 to make? If they only made 20k of course they'll all sell out but what if they made 500k. At least half of that will get sold, probably more. Half is 250k sold. Thats 230k more at $225 a pop for a shoe it cost $30 to make. So now I go pay $500 to a reseller when that $500 could have got me 2 pairs of 9s. Nike is still making a profit but their short changing themselves. Last I checked a business is about maximizing profits. How is leaving millions on the table yearly, pissing off customers, and having them jump through hoops for what they want good business? Once the shoe fad dies down and something else comes along we'll see what impact these TLO and HOH only methods have on their real long time supporters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom