THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Nike took a gigantic risk with these Kobe 9s. When was the last time you wanted to buy a basketball shoe that reminded you of something Manny Pacquiao would wear in a boxing ring? Never, but Nike marketed them in a way to guarantee that they not only sale out, but every single colorway sales out. Nike loses money when shoes sit and have to be discounted to move them, not when they sale out. 

Let's say there's only 20K pairs. IF Nike made 40K you think they'll sit? They don't have to make it a general release but at least obtainable to the new buyers bought in by the PP hype and the marketing done. Then stiff arm those buyers by severely limiting them? Bad business.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping that MP's do have a "larger" release down the line. Similar to how the Flyknit MC racers dropped. "Limited" to begin with and then more restocks came which made them somewhat easier to obtain

is there a launch locator for the all star 9s?

Any stores in the SF Valley in Cali getting em?

I'm refuse to go through hell to get these.

since many of u guys already got ur kobe 9s, how is the fit ?
THIS. Do you go with Flyknit sizing or Kobe sizing? Kinda confusing since first basketball Flyknit. I usually go TTS with Flyknit and half size up with Kobe's. 

No they wouldn't, but not every colorway would sellout. Look at the big picture, their goal is to ensure every colorway sales out.

I agree with you overall. I just think they under estimated the market they had for these. Nike is capable of mistakes and miscalculating. There not perfect.

giving consumers a bad taste in there mouth continually isnt bad business?

oh.
Not when they keep running right back for the next release
i haven't bought a pair of nikes for over a year

why am i giving the general public the benefit of the doubt. people will keep buying until Jay z says jordans aren't cool anymore

people
mean.gif

nike loves the attention, the hype, the struggle to cop......its the absolute most street cred they could have for a pair of sneakers, especially after the preludes.

that being said i hate it and am close to being done with nikes limited BS

This, is business sense. If you miss out, why pay 500+ when you can pay less then retail after making money.
LMAO. If you want to waste your time and money on flipping shoes to get a certain shoe, that's on you. I'm not even going to get into your convoluted business sense. This thread is about Kobe 9.  

Who's RSVPing today? After today we'll have a true understanding of how limited these shoes are.

My question remains. Those don't compare to the MP in anyway shape or form dude. Your reaching.
Who said they did? Not going to argue with you, considering how business savvy you are i'm assuming you own a couple of Billion dollar businesses so who cares how many are released. You can probably afford all of them anyways. 

Nike who profited 780 million dollars and sales rose by 38% by the end of third quarter in 2013, they know what their doing fam. 

Last edited:
You do do realize that If a pair of Kobe 9s were discounted down to 50$ nike would still make money off it right?

http://nikeinc.com/news/decoding-the-kobe-9-masterpiece
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #1:  I WANT TO FEEL THE COURT.[/h1]
Eric Avar:   “We created a thin web outsole less than 3 millimeters thick, combined with a responsive Lunarlon insert.“

Performance result:  This combination puts the foot in close contact with the court surface, allowing agile cuts, quick response and tremendous court feel.
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #2:  I’M LOOKING FOR A HIGH-TOP THAT FEELS LIKE A LOW-TOP.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “Let’s integrate lightweight ankle support with a Flyknit collar that is barely noticeable.”

Performance result:  Allows a natural range of motion, proprioception and an intuitive fit with the lightweight feel of a low-top.  The collar is high, but there are zero distractions or restrictions.
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #3:  MAKE IT PERSONAL.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “We’ll incorporate nine red sutures stitched up the back of the shoe.”

Performance result:  Toughness. These sutures represent Bryant’s commitment to recover from a torn Achilles.
[h1]  [/h1][h1]KOBE INSIGHT #4:  I WANT TO MOVE WITH THE QUICKNESS OF A BOXER.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “Create a design that acts as a second skin and locks in the foot.”

Performance result: A natural feel of the upper, combined with sole that “moves with you,” allows basketball movements that mimic the footwork you see in a boxing ring.
[h1]  [/h1][h1]KOBE INSIGHT #5:  USE THE BEST MATERIALS.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “Flyknit, Flywire, Lunarlon and carbon fiber are outstanding for performance.”

Performance result: The combination of high-performance materials are lightweight, responsive, strong and durable.  For a player like Bryant who runs more than four miles in the average game, shedding weight without compromising strength makes a significant impact.
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #6:  COMFORT IS KEY.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “A quilted tongue and padded inner-sleeve will provide a great feel, with aero mesh in the inner sleeve for comfort and breathability.”

Performance result:  In tandem with the Flyknit, the quilted tongue and inner bootie provide a comfortable, glove-like fit.
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #7:  INJECT SOME CHAOS.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “Evolve the Chaos colorway and feature four distinct shades in the Flyknit’s four threads: red, purple, green and black.  The Chaos colorway began with the Kobe IV in 2008 as a tribute to Kobe’s intrigue with the joker – let’s parlay that into the ‘Masterpiece’ colorway.”

Performance result: Distinction on the court.  Absolutely no pair of the Masterpiece colorway are the same, they are all unique – like snowflakes. The Flyknit creation process weaves a one-of-a-kind upper so that no shoe is the same; the color blend is different on each shoe.
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #8:  I WANT TO STOP AND CUT ON A DIME.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “An evolved herringbone traction pattern that mimics the foot’s natural pressure mapping – what nature intended.”

Performance result: With an outsole traction pattern that provides maximum grip, no slipping and sliding on the court.
[h1]KOBE INSIGHT #9:  KEEP PEOPLE GUESSING.[/h1]
Eric Avar:  “Let’s include the Kobe code.”

Performance result: Small details matter, both in basketball and design. The Kobe code is featured on each shoe, both on the lateral (outside) and medial (inside) sides of the midsole.  Code on lateral side translates to: ‘Masterpiece.’ Code on medial side translates to ‘Veni, vidi, vici,'  an inspirational Latin phrase that translates to “I came, I saw, I conquered.”

You do do realize that If a pair of Kobe 9s were discounted down to 50$ nike would still make money off it right?
Really, you want to compare the profit margins of $50 compared to 225$?? Not to mention how many folks who cop the shoe will cop the clothes to go with it.

The Swoosh also has NO PROBLEM with Resellers... they help give the brand Justification for Annual Rising Prices. 

Who said they did? Not going to argue with you, considering how business savvy you are i'm assuming you own a couple of Billion dollar businesses so who cares how many are released. You can probably afford all of them anyways. 

Nike who profited 780 million dollars and sales rose by 38% by the end of third quarter in 2013, they know what their doing fam. 

Wow. Your certainly heated. You said Nike lures people in with limited shoes, so when people strike out they settle for something else. Who's walking into HOH sat for the MP but is gonna settle for the SM Foams or the M10? Why you mad bruh. Lol

Wow. Your certainly heated. You said Nike lures people in with limited shoes, so when people strike out they settle for something else. Who's walking into HOH sat for the MP but is gonna settle for the SM Foams or the M10? Why you mad bruh. Lol
Who's mad playa? We are having a conversation about different opinions. Nobody's mad lol.

so once consumers get fed up? Like I already have, they lose my business.

how the hell is that not bad business for the company?
Again, shoes buyers is like a revolving door. Old out, new in. Not to mention they're charging 225 or a 30 dollar shoe. They really can't lose

Back
Top Bottom