THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Here's what people don't understand though. Making shoes relatively-limited (think, doernbecher, prelude, platinum yeezy, ext, not 1 of 12 PEs) serves as a marketing tool for Nike. While obviously they have to make some sort of profit, the money is not the benefit. The (free) mass marketing from websites such as kicksonfire, complex, nicekicks, etc etc is really what pays of for them. they set releases up like the prelude ($200 a piece, @ 2000 units per  model) in order to generate commotion and publicity for future products. It costs less to produce a small # of shoes & sell them then pay for a tv spot, mind you they have incredible television advertisements and a great production team. They're not making the money that they would make on a GR bron, kd, or kobe with tens of thousands of units produced. Prime example, Yeezy 2s and the re-release of ATC 2s. Those Agassis went on clearance for like $35 in 2008 before Yeezy 2s were produced. Two years after the Yeezys came out, they release them and slap QS on them and they sell out, everywhere, at the price of $120. I guess what I'm trying to get across is, Nike does not give a sh*t about the consumer lol. Regardless of who buys them, they will sell out. The minute nike made us feel lucky for being able to pay them  for one of their products was the minute that they won forever.

I understand the principle of energy releases like Yeezys and preludes but those shoes never were marketed like the Kobe 9.

This is first time I can remember Nike marketing a shoe or color way on TV that was basically unobtainable

These might not be so hard to obtain. Called my hoh and they said they aren't raffling the MPs but they are on the all stars. Funny thing is they weren't even listed to get them on the launch locater. Idk what's going on. Just gimme my shoe

NikeNYC will be RSVP for sure. They just announced it on their twitter. Looks like Nike RF won't RSVP?

Last edited:
Nike Scottsdale announced it then retracted the statement. I was ready too. Big troll job.

Thinking about just going back to runners. So many ups and down in bball shoes. Heheheh.

is it possible (likely) that the MP are very limited, but other models of the 9 high are not?

i could live with that
anything is possible. They could all be limited. The could all be GR. The MP could be limited, and everything else general. The MP could be limited and everything else limited as well. No one knows. All speculation. 

They should change some of the names of the shoes:

Masterpiece = You Really Thought You Could Buy These

Devotion = HAHAHAH You Really Thought You Could Buy These

Inspiration = You Really Thought? HAHAHAHA

Perspective = Your Not In The NBA. You Can't Buy These

Detail = These Fools Think They Can Really Buy These

They should change some of the names of the shoes:

Masterpiece = You Really Thought You Could Buy These
Devotion = HAHAHAH You Really Thought You Could Buy These
Inspiration = You Really Thought? HAHAHAHA
Perspective = Your Not In The NBA. You Can't Buy These
Detail = These Fools Think They Can Really Buy These

I just laughed out loud in the middle of work.

anything is possible. They could all be limited. The could all be GR. The MP could be limited, and everything else general. The MP could be limited and everything else limited as well. No one knows. All speculation. 

people know, they just haven't spoken. you on the other hand dont know anything, and have wasted a minute of my life.

These might not be so hard to obtain. Called my hoh and they said they aren't raffling the MPs but they are on the all stars. Funny thing is they weren't even listed to get them on the launch locater. Idk what's going on. Just gimme my shoe
They aren't raffling the MPs because they aren't getting them

looks like the MPs are going to be really tough to get
indifferent.gif
 both HOH locations close to me aren't getting these

Back
Top Bottom