THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
There's no reason to think the 9s wouldn't also be light, even if they were a mid. We haven't even seen a finished product yet, just a wear test sample. I wouldn't make any judgments til then.

^Been thinkin about grabbing those too and can't quite do it at 220...

I had a chance at them for about 175 shipped when there was stock on footlocker and a 20% off promotion a couple months back.  Probably should have jumped on it

How many insoles are there all I know of is the default lunarlon and the elite phylon with zoom

If the 9 is gonna be a system they should make more insoles cause I ain't always feelin those out right now

seeing the lebron xi, i expect more from the 9s...just not so overdone like the lebrons tho

Last edited:
seeing the lebron xi, i expect more from the 9s...just not so overdone like the lebrons tho
Agreed fam. I expect the 9 to be so sleek and precise like Kobe's game. Lebrons shoe reminds me of his game personality with the bigness, power. Hopefully Kobe's game will be represented well too

I just don't see them outdoing the 8 by much..that shoe was pretty refined. The traction was nearly if not perfect the two small problems on the 8 was slight lateral stability and durability of insole and mesh....other than that if anything is changed that's not mention I can't see it being the best kobe to date

I just don't see them outdoing the 8 by much..that shoe was pretty refined. The traction was nearly if not perfect the two small problems on the 8 was slight lateral stability and durability of insole and mesh....other than that if anything is changed that's not mention I can't see it being the best kobe to date
Agreed that it'll be tough to outdo the 8, which was very near-perfect to me.

I have yet to try on a pair of flyknits (a shame, i know...) so I'm curious as to what can be done with that material.  The EM/fuse combo in the 8 works so well to support, yet fits/feels like a sock once broken in.  Definitely a tough shoe to follow...

Agreed that it'll be tough to outdo the 8, which was very near-perfect to me.

I have yet to try on a pair of flyknits (a shame, i know...) so I'm curious as to what can be done with that material.  The EM/fuse combo in the 8 works so well to support, yet fits/feels like a sock once broken in.  Definitely a tough shoe to follow...
If you think the EM is sock like, wait till you try a pair of flyknits.

don't understand where the "underestimation" of the flyKnit is coming from. Try a pair now man...
I'm certainly not underestimating it or skeptical.  Just have yet to try it...  I will soon -- may pick up some runners or chukkas

so we are in agreement that the release date is december 7? saw the post on twitter () but not sure why this is accurate or who this guy is

^ dude is pretty spot, been following for him for a while. I can't vouch for it that it's true but I definitely won't reject it. I'd believe it

DECEMEBER??? isnt that late... thats 2 months into the season.. cant have his XMAS shoe be the first release 

DECEMEBER??? isnt that late... thats 2 months into the season.. cant have his XMAS shoe be the first release 

Sulfur Kobe VIII's dropped just a week or two before Christmas. Kobes dropping in December is the new schedule for them.

Last edited:
damn the latest jordans looked like stripper boots. these look like uggs nike u killing me here lol

and nooooooooooooooooooooooo dont bring up the sulfurs your going to make me cry :frown:

glad I got the Sulfurs even when I didn't like em that much yet. I just new that I had to have em when I saw all the Kobe dunks in it.
sulfurs > xmas for me... that's just me of course.

We may not see the Kobe 9 until next year in stores. We'll soon find out...

glad I got the Sulfurs even when I didn't like em that much yet. I just new that I had to have em when I saw all the Kobe dunks in it.
sulfurs > xmas for me... that's just me of course.

We may not see the Kobe 9 until next year in stores. We'll soon find out...

Funny how the only colorway of the 8s that I had no intention of buying, no intention of liking even, till I saw them in person, was the Sulfurs. I'm not saying they are the sickest/dopest CW out, but to see Mamba do what he did in them and, now, knowing that the Lakers cws are pretty much non-existent makes them a must-have.

When it's all said and done, the CWs I own (sulfurs, superheros, blk/gld elites, blue lights, and 2 iDs) are more than enough for me to keep hooping in the 8s. Partly because of the changeable system set-up, I only need to use 1 lunar insert for an extended period of time before I swap to the next. Some have said they don't like this, seeing as it's basically foam that has a limited life-span before the shoe is considered "invalid", unless you have replacements. It'll be interesting to see what the set-up for the 9's will be like, if it is a system set-up again I want better insole options.

I own the orthotic-ready one for the 8's and they were 50+ shipped for ultra-thin zoombags. I needed them, but I'm not saying the price justifies what we receive. Hopefully there are more options at our disposal.

How great would it be if, on iD, you COMPLETELY got to customize the insert? Color, phylon or lunar, full-length zoom or forefoot and heel zoom, or just one or the other, perhaps even a small air max in the heel with zoom up front? I know it would be hard to meet demands for such, especially with all the combinations and having to have a set # of some made in advance, but that would be awesome to order them, and price could vary by set-up...

Granted, none of this matters if the 9 goes away from the removable insert system haha...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom