THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I honestly don't get the design choice from Mamba.

Huarache 2k4 - High Top
Kobe 1 (2006) - High Top
Kobe 2 (2007) - High Top
Kobe 3 (2008) - High Top

Kobe 4 (2009) - Low 
Kobe 5 (2010) - Low
Kobe 6 (2011) - Low
Kobe 7 (2012) - Low
Kobe 8 (2013) - Low

I get it, he was aging, looking to maintain speed, quickness at the ultra quick guard position in a young league.  Great performance beast low tops 5 years straight that prove you don't need a high top to have security, stability, comfort and mobility but in  lighter low top.  Tears his achilles balling until the wheels fall off in 2013.

Then abruptly turns to not just a high top basketball shoe, but an absolutely hideous boot / stocking height shoe.  I really, really don't get the justification from the radical depature of the low top, which was becoming the standard niche or uniqueness of Kobe's signature shoe.
the hightop is only one elite version (which albeit did release first for the 9s line). The normal kobe 9 em is a lowtop, which would normally be considered the "real" (base model) shoe out for this series in kobe's line, and it probably still would be had the elites not released first. They even made elite lowtop versions that he has worn over on his China bb tour. I think the highs were more of a different thing to put out to increase sales (some people like it more), they're just about the same height as the AJ 28.

Last edited:
i know they do it for the AJs..they should make phone cases with kobe soles, your phone will have greater traction & won't slide off the surface easily
laugh.gif

Also, the Elite highs weren't decided after he tore his achilles. The high collar design was in the works at least two years ago. It was a conscious decision to radically redesign the look of a his line for aesthetics....not ankle support.   

Why do I feel this thread went backwards by like 6 months. Like others have stated they know the designs of the shoes well in advance. The injury had nothing to do with the high top.

Em's are great for performance. I think the hate or dislike for them stems from how good we had it last year with the 8's.

I feel the high tops were introduced to put some fresh air into the line. The last 4 years have been low. Kobe never departed from the low tops considering that two of the three models are lowtops.

I do feel the the flynit lows are overhyped but who am I to say when I have bought 2 of them. I do not think the fk lows are awkward at all.

I love the feel of the kobe 8 and 9s but balling in the lunarlon just doesn't do it for me. Luckily I have a full insert from my jordan trifectas that I replace it with. But I use the insole from one of my jordan 28 se before I place the full zoom insert. The Kobe's perform a lot better afterwards.

Why do I feel this thread went backwards by like 6 months. Like others have stated they know the designs of the shoes well in advance. The injury had nothing to do with the high top.

Em's are great for performance. I think the hate or dislike for them stems from how good we had it last year with the 8's.

I feel the high tops were introduced to put some fresh air into the line. The last 4 years have been low. Kobe never departed from the low tops considering that two of the three models are lowtops.

I do feel the the flynit lows are overhyped but who am I to say when I have bought 2 of them. I do not think the fk lows are awkward at all.
sometimes i feel like im the only one who likes all three models of the shoe. lol preeeeeeach though 

sometimes i feel like im the only one who likes all three models of the shoe. lol preeeeeeach though
I would love to see your collection pic. I personally love all three models and am glad to own them. I bought two of each model. Am trying to stop here but OCT 31 will probably having me setting my alarm again lol.

the hightop is only one elite version (which albeit did release first for the 9s line). The normal kobe 9 em is a lowtop, which would normally be considered the "real" (base model) shoe out for this series in kobe's line, and it probably still would be had the elites not released first. They even made elite lowtop versions that he has worn over on his China bb tour. I think the highs were more of a different thing to put out to increase sales (some people like it more), they're just about the same height as the AJ 28.
it worked very very well. the hightops were selling out like 

I would love to see your collection pic. I personally love all three models and am glad to own them. I bought two of each model. Am trying to stop here but OCT 31 will probably having me setting my alarm again lol.
SOON ive been working a lot. ive bought proly to many lol... probably going to have to sell my asgs

balling indoors for about 4 months.
Yeah mine about the same as yours, ive been balling in my ASG since march about 30-40 games and i got a couple chips too.

I wore them outside once for about 20 meters and have cleaned the sole a few times. These pictures are after one game on a timber court, literally scrubbed sparkling clean with jason markk sunday night beforehand. The courts I play on never get cleaned smh
mean.gif

Last edited:

I honestly don't get the design choice from Mamba.

Huarache 2k4 - High Top

Kobe 1 (2006) - High Top

Kobe 2 (2007) - High Top

Kobe 3 (2008) - High Top

Kobe 4 (2009) - Low 

Kobe 5 (2010) - Low

Kobe 6 (2011) - Low

Kobe 7 (2012) - Low

Kobe 8 (2013) - Low

I get it, he was aging, looking to maintain speed, quickness at the ultra quick guard position in a young league.  Great performance beast low tops 5 years straight that prove you don't need a high top to have security, stability, comfort and mobility but in  lighter low top.  Tears his achilles balling until the wheels fall off in 2013.

Then abruptly turns to not just a high top basketball shoe, but an absolutely hideous boot / stocking height shoe.  I really, really don't get the justification from the radical depature of the low top, which was becoming the standard niche or uniqueness of Kobe's signature shoe.
kobes line has been dope af 

i wish the next ext would be an elite low, but with a less stiff flyknit upper. so we can really experience the fk on the 9s even just for an ext, not just for looks

Last edited:

Yeah mine about the same as yours, ive been balling in my ASG since march about 30-40 games and i got a couple chips too.

I wore them outside once for about 20 meters and have cleaned the sole a few times. These pictures are after one game on a timber court, literally scrubbed sparkling clean with jason markk sunday night beforehand. The courts I play on never get cleaned smh
mean.gif

not a deal breaker, but kinda annoying the traction rips so easily.  hope they make the kobe 10 like KD7 traction, those work well are are much more durable.  

so I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some MPs...probably gonna end up selling my ASG's as I don't wear them much...plus MP's go with a lot more, and ASG's are more "loud"

anyone who is good with ebay, can you PM me I just have some questions, as I make my first purchase

Back
Top Bottom