THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The Kobe 9 EM Philippines was designed by Erick Goto, a Filipino-American who works as a graphic designer for Nike.  An insert card was included with the EM Philippines that were sold in the Philippines explaining the inspirations drawn in designing the shoe.  The insert doesn't mention Pacquiao as a contributor to the design of the shoe, and knowing the how the Philippine community has so much pride with Manny, something like that would have been mentioned by Nike Philippines.

As far as Pacquiao's influences to the Kobe 9, Kobe said in an interview that he was watching Pacquiao train, which inspired the idea of the Kobe 9 Elite High,

View media item 1161019

View media item 1161020

View media item 1161021

I havent seen the last two images. Makes some more sense now with 24 Mamba.

Last edited:
a bit off topic,  but I had some kobes being sent from Fedex that tried to deliver this past sat, and my work is closed on sat...now tracking says "contact local post office" Does that mean USPS post office or contact the nearest Fedex location?  any help is appreciated thanks!

They probably handed it off to a usps location.

I'd call fedex and see what they say.

Zany TB and PPs. Kobe 8 had the PP and TB. KD5 had TB. It's a cash grab in a way. But at the end of the day, it's about giving the customer choices/options. Don't have to buy every released color way. I skipped the Pop Arts, Brazils, Mangos, Blue Triangles and will skip the PPs.

Last edited:
I actually like the PRM. I am thinkin about taking my em id's back for one of the PRM or maybe the crimsons. Then im gonna take difference and apply the extra dough towards some hightops that are coming out.

Saw the China's in person today at HOH and these are beautiful. Too bad my money is short.

Back
Top Bottom