THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Asg are worth a little more and pairs are probably harder to find now. I would take the asg

Love the beethoven colorway, but what's with that big clunky tongue I've been seeing in these pics, is that noticeable when you wear them?

This felt right seeing Badou Jack wear the 9s the other night in the ring.

After the whole Federer/AJ3s collab, I feel a Pacquiao/Kobe 9 in the works.
welp there goes my fight to call these wrestling shoes and not boxing shoes
sick.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

welp there goes my fight to call these wrestling shoes and not boxing shoes
sick.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif
You could never wrestle in those. I don't even see how someone could choose to box in them beside for style.
Batista wrestles in them but again it was jokes, it's been a joke about them being boxing shoes since they first showed, but when I saw Batista in them I went full in on wrestling jokes, but the main points they're jokes, and seems they work fine for a myriad of sports and entertainment not just basketball 

The Kobe 9 EM Philippines was designed by Erick Goto, a Filipino-American who works as a graphic designer for Nike.  An insert card was included with the EM Philippines that were sold in the Philippines explaining the inspirations drawn in designing the shoe.  The insert doesn't mention Pacquiao as a contributor to the design of the shoe, and knowing the how the Philippine community has so much pride with Manny, something like that would have been mentioned by Nike Philippines.

As far as Pacquiao's influences to the Kobe 9, Kobe said in an interview that he was watching Pacquiao train, which inspired the idea of the Kobe 9 Elite High, shown in this Bleacher Report video http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1876622-story-of-new-nike-kobe-9-inspired-by-manny-pacquiao

EDIT: Pictures of Insert.  You all probably seen this before though...

Last edited:
The Kobe 9 EM Philippines was designed by Erick Goto, a Filipino-American who works as a graphic designer for Nike.  An insert card was included with the EM Philippines that were sold in the Philippines explaining the inspirations drawn in designing the shoe.  The insert doesn't mention Pacquiao as a contributor to the design of the shoe, and knowing the how the Philippine community has so much pride with Manny, something like that would have been mentioned by Nike Philippines.

As far as Pacquiao's influences to the Kobe 9, Kobe said in an interview that he was watching Pacquiao train, which inspired the idea of the Kobe 9 Elite High, shown in this Bleacher Report video http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1876622-story-of-new-nike-kobe-9-inspired-by-manny-pacquiao

I thought I read in the thread that the MP on the medial side stood for Manny. In any of the Nike press release does it even mention Manny? Just like the MJ pair no mention of Michael Jackson but everybody knows the reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom