THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Trust me my jimmies aren't rustled. :lol:

Water under a bridge. I wasn't offended by the pic, but I did think his reply after he posted the pic was tasteless though.

also heres a alot more KOBE IX colorwayz that are releasing in the next few months kids!!!

SEPT

13 – NIKE KOBE IX/UNIVERSITY RED 639045-600) "LOW"

21 – NIKE KOBE IX EM/GYM BLUE 646701-474

31 – NIKE KOBE IX ELITE/BLACK 630847-077 "HIGH-TOP"

OCTOBER

3 – NIKE KOBE IX EM/DUSTY CACTUS 646701-316

18 – NIKE KOBE IX ELITE/BRAVE BLUE 630847-404 "HIGH-TOP"

21 – NIKE KOBE IX ELITE/SEQUOIA 630847-303 "HIGH-TOP"

NOVEMBER

22 – NIKE KOBE IX ELITE/BRIGHT CRIMSON 630847-600 "HIGH-TOP"

22 – NIKE KOBE IX EM/DEEP GARNET 646701-678
Thanks for this.  I'm hoping the NIKE KOBE IX ELITE/BLACK 630847-077 "HIGH-TOP" are the Precisions.  

I love hooping in the Kobe IX Elite high-tops so far, and I wouldn't mind adding another pair to the rotation if they're done right.  I still need to try my Elite low Moonwalkers on the court this week, hoping the translucent sole won't let me down. 

Last edited:

I guess I'll get the Beethovens rather than the Moonwalkers. Will the Beethovens sell out? I want a pair to ball in and how do the Elite Lows fit?
If you're not on the east coast, try for online releases and if you fail, go to your nearest niketown if you can. They will likely have the most pairs and the most sizes. They will sell out online or people will be holding them in their carts online so if you don't want to deal with that, just go in store. I would say there is more competition for these than the Hyper Grapes, so you might have to put in a little more work (get there a little earlier, etc.).  You can also try entering raffles if you have any places near you that does that. Call them the Monday of release week so you don't miss out. Sometimes they hold kobe raffles earlier in the week than Jordans.

If you can, I would call all the stores near you to see if they have any Hyper Grapes in your size to try them on. If you have wide feet, go 0.5 up to be safe. Otherwise, go TTS. They will be snug at first and you might have to unlace them all the way, but eventually your foot should sink into the insole. If you just try them on in store for 1 minutes and walk around, they will most likely feel uncomfortable. The only reason why I'd be wary of going straight 0.5 up is because you're using them for bball and you don't want heel slipping.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.  I'm hoping the NIKE KOBE IX ELITE/BLACK 630847-077 "HIGH-TOP" are the Precisions.  

I love hooping in the Kobe IX Elite high-tops so far, and I wouldn't mind adding another pair to the rotation if they're done right.  I still need to try my Elite low Moonwalkers on the court this week, hoping the translucent sole won't let me down. 

Don't get your hopes up too high for any release calendar that's using 9/31 as a release date...

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up too high for any release calendar that's using 9/31 as a release date...
It's a date reserved for the members of the illuminati.

I can send you a referral form if you need it.

"China" EMs are lame...

The EMs coming out next week could have been decent but they threw another random pattern on them.

I may have spoke too soon, these do look okay...but not for $160:

need a definite yes or no on MC coming back soon, want to try to limit myself to 3 cops in the next month (birthday month too), but if MC that's gonna be a problem lol. Just like budgeting out, but it's hard to do when the IDs are a toss up at this point. I know other options have sold out before, but I feel like flyknit is a much different material in terms of IDing, so i don't want to jump to any conclusions on whether it will or won't come back haha. 

Just assume they're not coming back. If/when they do, you know you'll find a way to make it work. Just purchase your three off NDC for easy returns.

Just assume they're not coming back. If/when they do, you know you'll find a way to make it work. Just purchase your three off NDC for easy returns.
yeah it's not even that so much as it is I'm heading back to school and just want to have cash put away for kicks and leisure that will be separate of bills and books and what not. Makes it a lot easier on myself when I don't have to pull from one sum of cash haha...but I guess I'll just put an extra $200 away in case they do end up being put back up again. BAEthovens are a must though! 

The Mj's are the first shoe ive ever bought with the translucent soles. Is there anything I need to know about keeping them nice? I always wear my kicks indoors. I am kinda worried about them yellowing since people have been bringing it up. Any info on preventing from yellowing would be great. I had always that when its more of a blue it would kinda darken a bit but change the overall look too bad.

I am very very curious about the look of the red elite lows. Is it even elite? Looks like it isn't a elite or an em on that list.
If it is an elite, i'm glad that it may be the last one. $$$ saved since i don't like the elite high or EMs.

The Mj's are the first shoe ive ever bought with the translucent soles. Is there anything I need to know about keeping them nice? I always wear my kicks indoors. I am kinda worried about them yellowing since people have been bringing it up. Any info on preventing from yellowing would be great. I had always that when its more of a blue it would kinda darken a bit but change the overall look too bad.
I store my shoes in a very dry room, probably the driest room in the house. I've got an ion air cleaner and a fan running most of the time (room doubles as office). The shoes with translucent soles (mainly blue/clear, some colored) have done the best in open air. The shoes left in the boxes with the paper fared the worst, while taking out the paper seemed to help (less material to collect moisture). But the ones that have sat in open air look the same as the day they arrived.

Just what I've found in my personal experience.

appreciate it @tigo0240  . Repped. How long does yellowing usually take to happen. I can keep the shoe out of the box I just know bout how dry the room is .

I store my shoes in a very dry room, probably the driest room in the house. I've got an ion air cleaner and a fan running most of the time (room doubles as office). The shoes with translucent soles (mainly blue/clear, some colored) have done the best in open air. The shoes left in the boxes with the paper fared the worst, while taking out the paper seemed to help (less material to collect moisture). But the ones that have sat in open air look the same as the day they arrived.

How does your Blitz Blue Kobe 8 look? Wonder about those since they seem to yellow so fast from the ones I've seen in store already showing yellow.

do you use those little crystal baggies to suck up moisture?

im sure you know to not to wear them when it rains. water and clear sole are enemies. they fight to the death. the sole loses over time.

appreciate it @tigo0240  . Repped. How long does yellowing usually take to happen. I can keep the shoe out of the box I just know bout how dry the room is .
Depends on the shoe honestly. Some have soles that are more difficult for moisture to seep in, others just soak it up and can start turning in a matter of weeks.

How does your Blitz Blue Kobe 8 look? Wonder about those since they seem to yellow so fast from the ones I've seen in store already showing yellow.
I'm not sure...let me check
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom