THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
What cushioning would you like the Kobe 9 to have? Lunarlon, Nike Zoom, etc..?

Last edited:
What's better in terms of comfort and responsiveness, full length zoom, max, or lunarlon?

What's better in terms of comfort and responsiveness, full length zoom, max, or lunarlon?

For an overall shoe, I would say full lenth zoom. Lunarlon is nice and plush but it is kinda lacking impact protection especially playing outdoors and for heavier players.

For an overall shoe, I would say full lenth zoom. Lunarlon is nice and plush but it is kinda lacking impact protection especially playing outdoors and for heavier players.
I think lunarlon is a bit more comfy. Bigger players might not like it, but what do you think about small players/guards?

Also how is air max compared to the other two?

Both.

All you need to do it bottom load the zoom units so you still get the plush lunar feel up top with the zoom there for impact protect.

Soft+responsive+supportive=perfect cushioning

I'm definitely a zoom guy between zoom/max/lunarlon if I really want to ball in something. I know I haven't really balled in any of the Lebrons since his line moved away from zoom cuz his shoes just keep feeling higher and higher off the ground. Lunarlon feels great and is really cushy, especially for casual wear, but it doesn't have the bounce that I like on court that zoom has.

Might get my first LeBron in a long while. XIs looking good with that cush setup.

I'm confident about the Kobe 9's upper. Scrutinized the free flyknit's upper and it's pretty tough.

I'll be getting both the Lebron XIs and the Kobe 9s. I've always liked both lines for different reasons, though I've definitely always followed the Kobe line more closely over the years. KD's line on the other hand...not really a fan overall. Only own 1 pair of KDIVs, and that's the only pair of KDs I've ever owned.

Last edited:
If the Free Flyknit are any indication on how crazy the lockdown will be on these.....Cannot wait!!!

Is the sock lining on the free flyknit going to be on the 9? The early pic of the 8 had it and I think Nike decide to save it for the 9.

Wayne141, me too. KDs not quite there for me. Either the design is basic or good design but feels like crap.

Is the sock lining on the free flyknit going to be on the 9? The early pic of the 8 had it and I think Nike decide to save it for the 9.

Wayne141, me too. KDs not quite there for me. Either the design is basic or good design but feels like crap.
this

i just hope they silhouette is similar to the 8.  i love the 8 and i think a lot of other people do too.  just imagine a shoe that looks similar to the 8 but with flyknit instead of the EM 
smokin.gif

Agreed. The IVs are my favorite of his line cuz of the design, but they're really not that comfortable so I only have 1 pair. The $95 retail price tag was money though. Not to knock anyone if they really like the KDIVs or any other KDs, but I just don't know how you can pay those $300-400+ and more on resale prices for certain colorways of that shoe. They look dope, but they lack the tech/comfort to justify those prices, for me at least.

I'll probably get more excited about KDs once that line starts using more top end tech. Right now, the prices for KDs are rising, but I just see no significant upgrades. Haven't tried on the VIs yet, but I'm just not blown away by the design/look of that shoe.

Back
Top Bottom