THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I don't care what these IXs are gonna be made out of. There's NO WAY that regular old GR Kobe IXs are gonna retail for $200+. I even highly doubt $190 or $180.

We all know damn well that Nike has been hiking prices up. Those price increases happened gradually though. It's usually only $5 or $10 increments from model to model like Jordans and LeBrons. The only reason that KDs jumped by $20 and then $15 from the IV to the V to the VI is because they were so damn cheap in the first place! :lol: I just don't think that EVEN NIKE, would have the balls and audacity to hike up the price by $50 - $60 from one sig to the next like that.

The most I will concede is that they'll possibly jump to $170 since that's what the Lunar Chukkas retail for.

Take a look at this:

$130 - Zoom Kobe I
$130 - Zoom Kobe II
$130 - Zoom Kobe III
$120 - Zoom Kobe IV
$130 - Zoom Kobe V
$130 - Zoom Kobe VI
$140 - Zoom Kobe VII
$140 - Kobe 8
$1XX - Kobe IX

Do you REALLY see them jumping up in price all the way up to near $200? Unless you have some inside info, I'm not gonna listen to you at all.

^But this is probably the most expensive shoe (production wise) to date

Not saying I think the price will jump to $190 or something, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a more drastic increase

Last edited:
^But this is probably the most expensive shoe (production wise) to date

Not saying I think the price will jump to $190 or something, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a more drastic increase
You see this is where things get a little ****** up.  One of the pros of Flyknit initially was that it would lower production costs.  To only have one solid upper with one stitch instead of 20 or 30 stitches done by a computer controlled machine.  But instead of lowering the cost Nike raised it, because it is a "cutting edge" technology. I understand the Kobe's will need fuse and other materials to provide stability for the shoe, but the Flyknit is not the reason for extra manufacturing costs.  Here is where I read this when Flyknit was first introduced.  

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-03-15/is-nikes-flyknit-the-swoosh-of-the-future

Last edited:
The only way Nike would dare to increase the price to at least 180 would be if kobe won one or two more rings, which would increase his and his shoes' popularity. I really don't think that getting swept, losing 1-4, and then getting injured and swept again (even though he didn't play) helped increase his popularity by much (not that he isn't very popular already). If you saw the article on espn, even Lebron is now more popular than Kobe. You don't give his shoes a $30-$40 price hike when his team has had early postseason exits three years in a row. The only other reasonable explanation is that the HTM is a special version/system like the vii system supreme, which was $180.

Last edited:
Standing by the guess that they're trying to add more of a "lifestyle" flavor to the Kobe line.

Since he hasn't been going far in the playoffs and is nearing the end of his career, they need to rely on more than just his on-court successes to drive the product.

And with Nike, "lifestyle" > higher prices, just cuz.

i'm predicting around $150-$160.

form what i've read, flynit is expensive and hard to manufacture. but maybe the reason why they're introducing it finally is because they've found a way to mass produce it and lower the cost to make the shoe more affordable.

time will tell.

Kobeoverbron always has solid inside info, so when he says they'll be just as expensive if not more expensive than Lebrons I expect nothing less than 175 for the IXs.

Only time will tell.

I was thinking maybe he meant this years lebrons, not the XI, so then my statement holds true. Still wont be cheaper than 175.

When did the first pics of the 8s really start surfacing last year? If I remember correctly, it wasn't until like early October, right?

I think closer to mid November? They kept the 8 under wraps pretty well.

It may have been something crazy like that, yea. The 8s were more tightly guarded than classified government secrets!

I hope these leak next month the lebron xi leaked late June and aren't set to drop until late September/early October.

An increase would not be surprising at all, obviously. But for anyone to say they're going to be $200... that's crazy talk.
Flyknit is pretty damn expensive from what I've been told.  Something about Nike not having many machines yet to actually produce a ton.

That's the main reason I'm going HAM on the 8s.  Will most likely only buy 1 or possibly 2 pairs of 9s if they're as expensive as I think they'll be.

Flyknit is pretty damn expensive from what I've been told.  Something about Nike not having many machines yet to actually produce a ton.
That's the main reason I'm going HAM on the 8s.  Will most likely only buy 1 or possibly 2 pairs of 9s if they're as expensive as I think they'll be.

I just really can't see GR Kobe IXs with an MSRP of anything higher than $180.

Back
Top Bottom