THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Tatamantall

U missed the entire Kobe 8?

U missed an epic model my guy

Hopefully u won't let the Kobe 9 pass u by

This looks like another winner

basically theres no concrete evidence that backs your opinion unless stated from nike directly or kobe directly, it still is a shoe that was designed pre-injury... like stated above most those blogs lurk here grab something that looks the obvious and just run with it easily seen by when they try n "nickname" a shoe like the barcelona 8s or N7 8s...

Sole Reaver

I'm running out of golden eggs to give

Ok, no concrete evidence, BUT, and this is just my opinion, but I'll bet that before the injury, the 9 was prolly just gonna be a mid, prolly the wear test sample

Post injury, boom, hi top modification, and instead of scrapping the sample, its now the low 9..

No??

possibly... but again i say why isnt he practicing now with a modified kobe 8 mid? wouldnt it make sense for him coming back from injury to have more support until his achilles is strong or he feels secure without "added support?" final say will be in which 9 he balls in the most in the season. no doubt he'll wear both for publicity or whatever. we shall see but these are my opinions and i believe are pretty solid from what we see him doing now

Modified 8 mid?

I thought he was just in regular 8s

View media item 672137
Looks low to me and the left ankle looks thicker, as in prolly more heavily taped underneath the socks

BUT!!!, if Im seeing wrong I do apologize

Last edited:
Tatamantall

U missed the entire Kobe 8?

U missed an epic model my guy

Hopefully u won't let the Kobe 9 pass u by

This looks like another winner
Yeah, unfortunately. I just got pretty jaded with the "scene" or "sneakerhead-movement" or whatever folks want to call it... I just was really fed up with a hobby of collecting sneakers (like some collect ball cards) that ive done for years and the way people have started acting who associate themselves with it. Roll all that up with the turn for the worst quality took and I just had enough at the time. I agree I missed out on a great sneaker, but am back, this time much more selective in my investments; however, Why let someone else ruin a collecting hobby I've had for years??? I think the 9 takes a very interesting direction and no matter which way you slice it... It's gonna make some waves.

Tatmantall

I can definitely relate, which is why I've retired from Jordans..

Its just Kobe, and some Brons/KDs here and there..

Sole Reaver

Yeah pic was awful, sorry, much better pic there.

And yes, the 9s he wears the most will tell it all this season..

Last edited:
Modified 8 mid?

I thought he was just in regular 8s

View media item 672137
Looks low to me and the left ankle looks thicker, as in prolly more heavily taped underneath the socks

BUT!!!, if Im seeing wrong I do apologize

exactly, hes wearing regular kobe 8 lows but youre trying to say they changed the 9 to a higher cut to accomodate his injury. if that was true why would he be wearing kobe 8 LOWS right now? as JM stated and basic knowledge is that the current years model is completed over a year or longer before it releases.

not only that^ .. the only reason he had a modified 8 to start with was to help during his rehab.

Sole Reaver

I'm running out of golden eggs to give

Ok, no concrete evidence, BUT, and this is just my opinion, but I'll bet that before the injury, the 9 was prolly just gonna be a mid, prolly the wear test sample

Post injury, boom, hi top modification, and instead of scrapping the sample, its now the low 9..

No??

the cut of the shoe isn't gonna prevent an achilles from rupturing...

kobe will wear lows next year. nike likes to experiment with his line. he'll wear this boot like shoe a few times to 'sell' them and that's it.

the cut of the shoe isn't gonna prevent an achilles from rupturing...

kobe will wear lows next year. nike likes to experiment with his line. he'll wear this boot like shoe a few times to 'sell' them and that's it.

THIS. There is no way a piece of cloth/mesh/flyknit is gonna protect a tendon undergoing hundreds of lbs of force within miliseconds. Thats like saying a napkin draped over a rubberband would prevent it from snapping when pulled hard enough.

If anything it would only serve as mental reassurance that there's something there.

THIS. There is no way a piece of cloth/mesh/flyknit is gonna protect a tendon undergoing hundreds of lbs of force within miliseconds. Thats like saying a napkin draped over a rubberband would prevent it from snapping when pulled hard enough.

If anything it would only serve as mental reassurance that there's something there.

Lol at that analogy. I don't think the ix is any thing more than nike trying something new and the low is backup in case it isn't as successful as they'd like.

Hope everyones had/having a great Thanksgiving..

U guys are a trip tho.

Not even getting what I'm trying to say. Its cool tho.

Only thing I'll say is, let's just wait and see on Dec 4th, so we can dissect this design from the inside out.

Last edited:
What some people don't understand is that RARELY is a Player's Most Recent Seasons' Injuries taken into account on the Next Season's Sneaker.

The Reason: 95% of All Product Creative/Development Process begins 18 Months Ahead... which mean's after 12 Months of Development (Spring 13) the Kobe 9 was pretty much 100% by time Kobe injured his Achilles.

The fact that these are Hi-Top Sneakers have nothing to do in particular with this Achilles Injury.

Last edited:
Smh

Woo-sah

Counting to 10

New subject doe... Where is Big Nog with the ridiculously enticing Photoshop CWs

The dude was killin it with the Kobe 8 photoshops..

I'm anxious to see what Nike throws out there with these..

Still waiting for more info on this...can't come soon enough.

gyp-ehrmantraut.gif

Wish they made those Highs into a flyknit low. Not crazy about the ankle sleeve, without it you have a pretty dope low. Would kinda look like the Kobe VI BMH, but better tho.
Sweet baby jesus. Praise the lord for these mastserpieces called Kobes.

Hope everyones had/having a great Thanksgiving..

U guys are a trip tho.

Not even getting what I'm trying to say. Its cool tho.

Only thing I'll say is, let's just wait and see on Dec 4th, so we can dissect this design from the inside out.

i do get it, i just dont agree with what you're saying because it doesn't make sense.

did you not see how he tore his achilles? a piece of leather wasn't going to stop that thing from rupturing. do you know what would have? young fresh legs.

all the muscles in your leg support your joints in your leg. if those muscles are weak/damaged/fatigued, you have a greater chance of getting injured. kobe took a hard step, his muscles were fatigued and couldn't handle all that force.. therefore putting a lot of strain on everything.

this is how the body works from my understanding. although i'm no doctor :D

and happy thanksgiving to all my american friends on here.

i do get it, i just dont agree with what you're saying because it doesn't make sense.

did you not see how he tore his achilles? a piece of leather wasn't going to stop that thing from rupturing. do you know what would have? young fresh legs.

all the muscles in your leg support your joints in your leg. if those muscles are weak/damaged/fatigued, you have a greater chance of getting injured. kobe took a hard step, his muscles were fatigued and couldn't handle all that force.. therefore putting a lot of strain on everything.

this is how the body works from my understanding. although i'm no doctor :D

and happy thanksgiving to all my american friends on here.

I'm just going to put this here.

View media item 672648
Pic of when Chauncey went down with a torn achilles...

i think people should know that kobe was playing over 40 minutes seven games in a row around

the time period he injured his achilles. During those games, kobe already was hurting and a major injury was bound to happen.

It was just unfortunate that it was his achilles that he injured.

at one time before, the lakers were 17-25 forcing kobe to play extensive minutes coupled

with injuries to alot of lakers.

Haha, in some cases high tips can actually aggravate the Achilles, soo........... Yeah. High, mid, low, an injury cannot be stopped

Nike just take my money now. So thankful there's a flynit version and the almighty engineered mesh. The shoe looks very clean. Cannot wait

Back
Top Bottom