[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Album is mad cool but it's def not trumping "Graduation"...Good morning!
wink.gif
This is how I feel.

After the beats wear off, the lyrics don't hold enough substance to make MBDTF a formidable contender over Graduation.
Agreed. It's a good album but there's not enough substance. CD, LR and Graduation are still top 3.

Can someone explain the line: "At the mall there was a séance, just kids no parents?"

a seance is a spiritual gathering and hes talking about his "dark fantasy" with the whole scene at the mall

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

People place these people on idol levels without realising they are not better than you. What seperates them though is their belief system........ this is where "religious" people are lost because of their dogmas. There is a certain level of consciousness that you can acquire that disposes of all dogmas. You would be a fool to believe that these guys arent familiar with symbolism and subconscious imprinting, I am and I have nowhere near the resources they do.
you gotta elaborate on this one, g

I agree man, Graduation is at such a high pedestal that MBDF has no business being talked about in the same breath as it

Originally Posted by D723

Can someone explain the line: "At the mall there was a séance, just kids no parents?"

Parent's aren't raising their kids no more. They're just dropping their kids off at the mall and letting them run wild. That's doing alot to affect the culture of these generations, especially on a spiritual level when they're essentially being left to their own devices in a literal world of materialism, where amongst themselves they determine what values are to be held as important, which leads to worship of those we see in the advertisements/videos in said stores as idols. Phrases like "swag" are repeated until they become incantations, and rituals are performed whether they be mating, rites of passage, or ritualistic warfare. All of these rituals and incantations lead to the rise and strengthening of certain vibes or spirits within the confined and enclosed space (no matter how big you may think it is) of the mall.

Originally Posted by RoOk

I agree man, Graduation is at such a high pedestal that MBDF has no business being talked about in the same breath as it
Didn't you say this was the greatest album of all-time?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

Parent's aren't raising their kids no more. They're just dropping their kids off at the mall and letting them run wild. That's doing alot to affect the culture of these generations, especially on a spiritual level when they're essentially being left to their own devices in a literal world of materialism, where amongst themselves they determine what values are to be held as important, which leads to worship of those we see in the advertisements/videos in said stores as idols. Phrases like "swag" are repeated until they become incantations, and rituals are performed whether they be mating, rites of passage, or ritualistic warfare. All of these rituals and incantations lead to the rise and strengthening of certain vibes or spirits within the confined and enclosed space (no matter how big you may think it is) of the mall.
dude went in
pimp.gif

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by thejrob

Check this out. My friend goes to Notre Dame and this review was published in their newspaper. Dude has clearly never listened to 1 rap album and likes Kanye, called it the GREATEST RAP ALBUM OF ALL TIME[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]Plenty of ignorance to give you some
laugh.gif
's

Kanye Review- Notre Dame Student Paper

This #*$@ actually got me so heated that I wrote a letter to the editor pretending to be an alumni and it got published
laugh.gif

My Response
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was literally cringing while reading that review.. good %@+@ with the response too
pimp.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
That guy who wrote the review is an idiot. Nice response.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Album is mad cool but it's def not trumping "Graduation"...Good morning!
wink.gif
This is how I feel.

After the beats wear off, the lyrics don't hold enough substance to make MBDTF a formidable contender over Graduation.
Agreed. It's a good album but there's not enough substance. CD, LR and Graduation are still top 3.
That's how I felt, its good, but the songs don't have substance. However, after reading all these posts, supposedly these songs have a ridiculous amount of substance, and I'm just letting all these things fly over my head.

Anyone willing to breakdown each song on this album to show me the true meaning, since I don't see the hype. I like the album, maybe I don't think its spectacular because I'm thinking too simple minded?

Some of the people in this thread seem blind, naive and or ignorant. To think all music is 'just music' is like is ridiculous. Open your eyes. Music affects your psyche (and I blieve) your heart and soul. There is a message in music, so he careful what you allow into your mind/ spirit, certain music is like pollution. A lot of the content in this album is sketchy to me and I'm not sure if I'm willing to vibe with what a lot of this guy is preaching.

I'm at the point where I'm considering cutting most, if not all ties to rap... again. If you think its just words over beats, think again.

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

dude went in
pimp.gif

wow.

pimp.gif

Im glad yall seeing how BIG this album really is. Its so many jewels in this #$*%% just gotta look while you listen.
Where the %!#+ is Haze tho?

"The youngsters who were programmed to continue 

!+#@%*% up, woke up one night digging 

Paul Revere and Nat Turner as the good guys. 

America stripped for bed and we had not all yet closed our eyes."

Yea this album is literally FULL of deep messages and concepts.

It's kind of easy to peep who gets it and who doesn't.

Like it's easy to peep who thinks for themselves and who just says "society states this, so this must be it," i. e. "that dude Kanye dresses crazy so he MUST be gay." or "That Black person is extremely rich so they MUST worship the devil or do something crazy and wrong in order to reach such success."

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Originally Posted by bonafide101

What did Pusha mean when he said "Tony doing time for what he did to nostrils" ?

My god...

Man the internet is amazing. I see why ya'll argue so much.

What you mean? I just didn't understand what he meant.

Yea this album is literally FULL of deep messages and concepts.

It's kind of easy to peep who gets it and who doesn't.

Like it's easy to peep who thinks for themselves and who just says "society states this, so this must be it," i. e. "that dude Kanye dresses crazy so he MUST be gay." or "That Black person is extremely rich so they MUST worship the devil or do something crazy and wrong in order to reach such success."

Thanks for that breakdown Trent.  I think this might be Kanye's deepest lyrical album to date.  Truly incredible. 

Kanye is my favorite rapper and after listening (repeatedly) this album is his magnum opus, It lacks with the other more rap oriented cds in his catalouge have in substance but instead you are given subsistence and told to deal with it and what i mean by that is this is not a commercial album there are really no "bangers" or #1's. It receives the acclaim it gets (well deserved) because of its virtuosity, when i first heard the album it was damn near garbage it didnt sound like anything i was suppose to like, i heard most of it through leaks and good fridays and when i got the finished peace it was underwhelming but nevertheless i gave it a full spin (no skipping to the songs i already knew) and man was it a beautiful. I ask you this how can Kanye make me a college kid from texas relate to the music without the experiences...simple unadulterated skill (dude cant sing well %!!% it he sings anyways) 11 of the biggest artist you can find and you cant even tell when its their part? come on i love all of his previous output but this trumps them all and i take in hyperbole

MBDTF
GRADUATION
COLLEGE DROPOUT
LATE REGISTRATION
808S

Originally Posted by 10littlefigures

Kanye is my favorite rapper and after listening (repeatedly) this album is his magnum opus, It lacks with the other more rap oriented cds in his catalouge have in substance but instead you are given subsistence and told to deal with it and what i mean by that is this is not a commercial album there are really no "bangers" or #1's. It receives the acclaim it gets (well deserved) because of its virtuosity, when i first heard the album it was damn near garbage it didnt sound like anything i was suppose to like, i heard most of it through leaks and good fridays and when i got the finished peace it was underwhelming but nevertheless i gave it a full spin (no skipping to the songs i already knew) and man was it a beautiful. I ask you this how can Kanye make me a college kid from texas relate to the music without the experiences...simple unadulterated skill (dude cant sing well %!!% it he sings anyways) 11 of the biggest artist you can find and you cant even tell when its their part? come on i love all of his previous output but this trumps them all and i take in hyperbole

MBDTF
GRADUATION
COLLEGE DROPOUT
LATE REGISTRATION
808S
tired.gif
tired.gif
all falls down

Since so many people are saying this is so deep etc etc. Can anyone breakdown the depth of each song. What exactly is so "deep" I admit I don't get it, I'm asking for help. All I get when I ask for help is people reiterating the fact that it's ridiculously deep. Any help. Breakdown each song for me if possible

For anybody who denies just how much thought "Good" rappers put into there bars read Jay-Z decoded not just for the simple lyric breakdowns but for the actual stories and experiences he shares that opens you up to where alot of his thoughts derive from and how much other art and pop culture, and religion play a HUGE part in his music.

Back
Top Bottom