[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Rozay's "Devil In A New Dress"' verse is one of his top verses he has ever spit in his rap career.

I think ya'll should listen to his verse again n' again.... Listen to what he is sayin'....

Stop...

Stop? Lol I def agree with that statement. Rick spit one of his best verses by far

Rozay's "Devil In A New Dress"' verse is one of his top verses he has ever spit in his rap career.

I think ya'll should listen to his verse again n' again.... Listen to what he is sayin'....

That's sad if it is one of his best verses, I heard half of it and immediately cut his verse off the song. Has nothing to do with the song, sounds just like an extra verse off "Hustlin". I think Kanye should have explained to him what the song was about before he wrote a verse because it's clear as day that Ross has no idea what that song is talking about

Alright, after listening to mostly this album for the past week I've decided it is the best album of the year.

Finally got past the fact I heard half of it so far in advance. So Appalled and Monster still are
eek.gif
I forgot how insane these tracks were the first time I heard them.

Dark Fantasy and Gorgeous are just too smooth. I think I played Gorgeous 20 times straight the other day.

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Stop...

Stop? Lol I def agree with that statement. Rick spit one of his best verses by far

Tell em' broseph
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

That's sad if it is one of his best verses, I heard half of it and immediately cut his verse off the song. Has nothing to do with the song, sounds just like an extra verse off "Hustlin". I think Kanye should have explained to him what the song was about before he wrote a verse because it's clear as day that Ross has no idea what that song is talking about

Yeah.... But the verse was still crazy.

(At least he mentioned "Makin' love to the angel of death"
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by MR FREEZE

for some reason my favorite part of the album is the end of "Dark Fantasy" because he is describing his actual dark fantasy and I can see it.

At the mall there was a seance
Just kids, no parents
Then the sky filled with heron
(I saw the devil) In a Chrysler LeBaron
And the hell, it wouldn't spare us
(And the fires did declare us)
(But after that, took pills, kissed an heiress)
(And moved her woke up back in Paris)

wink.gif
pimp.gif

Its a shame Don't Look Down and The Joy aren't on the album, such good songs. And Don't Look Down fits the theme PERFECTLY

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Its a shame Don't Look Down and The Joy aren't on the album, such good songs. And Don't Look Down fits the theme PERFECTLY

why does it matter if there on the album or not ?
You have the songs already just listen to them and stop making stupid complaints 

Dudes in here are a bunch of baby's seriously 

I'm not complaining, just saying.

I just said it's the album of the year so I'm obviously content with the album, just stating that it would have made it better. For anyone out there who doesn't know about GOOD Fridays too ya know.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

I would consider myself a huge Kanye fan, but all in all, this album is pretty awful. NOT nearly the best Kanye can do. I think his music has grown to a place that really gets away from his core competencies. Wish he would go back to CD - Graduation days.

But....there are clear sonic differences between each one of his albums, though.
So which days are you referring to? 
grin.gif
You wouldn't say there's a clear progression between his first three albums? They also all have clear themes/sounds.
Musically, its a good album, but it's missing a good flow/theme/glue whatever it may be. I really don't know if it's much better than 808's. 

After around 20 listens, it's clearly not an album that makes you
eek.gif
 the first time you hear it like CD, LR, or Graduation, but it might develop into a pretty 
pimp.gif
 album after a while. Still, certainly not the best Kanye can do. 

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Dark Fantasy and Gorgeous are just too smooth. I think I played Gorgeous 20 times straight the other day.

I played both those songs back to back like 20 straight times man 
pimp.gif

my friend said he saw the deluxe version with a figure for sale at best buy... anyone elsee seen this or have it? anyone got a picture?? he said it was $25

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk Sr

my friend said he saw the deluxe version with a figure for sale at best buy... anyone elsee seen this or have it? anyone got a picture?? he said it was $25
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "figure" but I was at two Best Buys in NYC on Sat and today and there were just regular and deluxe versions ($15)

Originally Posted by iUsedToLoveHER

Anyone know if there are any of the Runaway LIVE performances on MP3????
There are apps online that will strip the audio off of a YouTube video. That's all you need ...

One hand in the air, like you don't really care; two hands in the air like you don't really care; it's like that sometimes, man, ridiculous; it's like that sometimes, ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but that's not hot. 

Neither is that "blank and religious is all I need" track or the "Iran" sample (yes I know "Iran" took it from the same place Kanye took it, but everybody heard "Iran"...how are you gonna use it too).  I'm just trying to keep this discussion balanced.  Not everybody likes this record.

And I don't see this as growth.  Most of these tracks you could have thrown on Graduation or 808's and nobody would say they stood out like they didn't belong.  A lot of the production is just low-budget for Kanye, like he really put the songs together in 1 week for G.O.O.D. Friday, with a few exceptions of course.  I'm not going to act like I don't think Power, Runaway, Monster, and All of the Lights are fire.  But on a real Kanye album, there would be songs better than those.  I just hope his next record is worth the acclaim it will probably get no matter what the quality is.

After listening to the album 2 times, I have to say I'm really dissapointed.

Kanye is trying way too hard to be "Creative", "Different", whatever you want to call it, and trying to hard to be a rock star in a rapper way.

Graduation was so much better than this album it's not even funny.

Smh, I really only liked 4 or 5 songs out of the whole thing, dudes flow was not nice on the majority of this album.

College Drop Out > Late Registration/Graduation > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Anyone know whats up with this Never See Me Again song? I downloaded it somewhere like a month ago, it's like 8 mins long and seems legit ha ha. Only listened like once though.

Originally Posted by CodLiverOil

im still mad Christian Dior Denim Flow and Lord Lord Lord didn't make the cut for the album...two dope tracks
Agreed

Christian Dior Denim Flow is sick, my girl likes it, and she's not even into hip hop.....Banks verse
pimp.gif

Lord......is ok too, Rae's verse sick, hook sick, coulda done without Swizz....

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I thought it was just me
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom