[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Amazon says my album is coming tomorrow. I'm amped

What's your album called and what's your artist name?

My bad, I should have worded that better. My copy of MBDTF is being delivered tomorrow.

F.Y.E is getting the Deluxe Edition 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]I will be stopping by there on Monday to pick up my copy 
pimp.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]http://www.fye.com/My-Beautiful-Dar...productId119622089VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm
[/font]

There will be a G.O.O.D. Friday song. Dude just delivers late as hell now.

Trust he'll be dropping off one last gem to get everyone hyped one before his album release Monday.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by The Encore

GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME!
No BS. Im starting to think this after listening to it all week. I dont give a damn if its too early or it sounds crazy.

You two need to listen to more music.

I hate monster
all of the lights and hell of a life are gaining play

overall its a good project. don't love it

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

F.Y.E is getting the Deluxe Edition 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]I will be stopping by there on Monday to put up my copy 
pimp.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]http://www.fye.com/My-Beautiful-Dar...productId119622089VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm
[/font]
Damn I wonder which other stores will have the deluxe, I gotta have that one.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

any rumor of a Good Friday Song?

Are people really going to ask this every week?

shoulda asked that question better, Was trying to ask if anyone knew what the possible track could be, not asking if there was going to be a track

Originally Posted by Noskey

No BS. Im starting to think this after listening to it all week. I dont give a damn if its too early or it sounds crazy.

Nah. I listen to too much music, that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by Noskey

Yeah...OD...

Plus, I've had half of the album for like 3 months.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by mossman75

this album

51im8BXH0bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I would give Distant Relatives a slight edge over this but I have to agree.  Kanye's album is good but its not better than How I Got Over.
+ Big Boi's album.

It's getting harder and harder to listen to the album straight through to the point where I don't and it hasn't even released yet. I'm just not feeling it. The Blame Game is the only song that I really like besides Power and I'm thinking that's because of the samples. Runaway is just too damn long(I liked the live vma version and would have preferred that cut on the album) and the whole All of the lights song is just not hitting it. I'm used to being able to play Kanye's music over and over but I just can't for this one. Too many features, it's less personal. Something is missing. I dunno maybe my expectations were too high.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Agreed.

I think my favorite part of this album is the blackness.  Really this @%+# is some 2010 Public Enemy @%+#. The darkness of the staccato melodies, the overall brooding mood.  He really as other has said took all the elements he has shown post CD, had combined them into a masterpiece.  While there are maybe 1 or 2 songs that aren't my taste, the overall flow and mood of this album is really indescribable.  It manages to be so raw yet so clean at the same time.  I am a genuine hater and I really never give @%+# full praise. I stayed out of the thread for a while cause i couldn't handle the meatriding over some of what I though were medicore good friday tracks.  I constantly find myself unsatisified with music of today and how stagnant it has become.  There are too many people who try to confine music into niche's and genres instead of just letting it be music.  People like TIME who think music needs to to follow a certain structure to be music.  This album is really the first album I've heard in I can't even remember how long that is just an instant classic.  Classic may even be shorting how legendary this album is...I think 'Ye really needed to have all the lows he did to make this album cause the pain of not only himself but the black people come through on this.  This @%+# is just beautiful music.  With this Kanye enters the pantheon of all-time artists imo, I really can't deny it anymore.  The B.B. King's, the McCartney's, Lennon's, Dylan all those guys.  In a world where we are so often defined but what we are not he broke the mold by embracing what he is.  He took all the labels that people have thrown on him these past years and put into a musical sphere that expressed human emotion in such a profound way.  I really don't get sentimental hearing @%+#, but the first time spinning I imagined my parents must have felt listening to The White Album, What's Going on etc. This is easily the most important Hip-Hop record since The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.  Kanye, I bow down to you and salture your genius.
While I respect the sentiment for your feelings toward Kanye you don't think maybe your reaching just a bit? MBDTF = Miseducation of Lauryn Hill? I'm sorry sir I can't rock with that right there.

Back
Top Bottom