[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by iUsedToLoveHER

Originally Posted by Remi23

On "The Joy" it says feat Kid Cudi but i don't hear him though

His part is right after Jay's verse.....How can u miss it?

Man With all the features and with them not verses it's hard to distinguish  

Take J. Cole's boring $@! verse off please and why the hell isn't Kanye even on his own song? 

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Take J. Cole's boring $@! verse off please and why the hell isn't Kanye even on his own song? 

Calm down groupie. Life isn't over

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

I dunno if I'm the only one...but I'm tired of rappers slpittin pre-written verses and calling them freestyles..and then they get a pass just because of their status..

Just sayin' :/

This. I think the only person I really see freestyle when they get put on the spot is Asher Roth and Common.
You could see in the beginning when Pusha was on the mic that Ye' looked nervous like he didn't know what to say when it was his turn, straight up like the 1st day of class when its you turn to say what you did for the summer. 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Historically, "freestyling" was seeing how many verses of your own, you could memorize to spit in a cypher. Only in the mid-90s did "freestyling" become coming off the top of the dome. Both are accurate in definition, but don't knock artists for doing the former.

I don't think some people understand that the ability to freestyle off the dome is a rare thing that most rappers cannot do. I'd say probably less than ten percent. So when a rapper gives you a freestyle you shouldn't be expecting him to be flowing off top unless he's known for that ability. Some of the greatest rappers of all time can't freestyle off top e.g. Nas. It's definitely appreciated when a rapper does it well but like someone said earlier I rather hear a memorized verse with new bars spit in the heat of the moment (see Roc freestyles on hot 97) than hear someone stumbling over themselves trying to prove they can go off top or going off top and not spitting ill bars.

If Kanye ain't like J.Cole then he wouldn't even put him on a G.O.O.D Friday track...
This is a lot of exposure for Cole and he aint even signed to G.O.O.D music...

Back
Top Bottom