The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

12% on ebates guys...
Im trying to stay away until the Banneds but i also have a 20% off expiring in 3 days

32% is quite a discount on a nike
Unless these land at outlets lol
Let me know if you aren't going to use that twenty .. I have a ten thst doesn't expire for awhile

What is the significance of the? Is there a difference in quality?
Vietnam is probably even cheaper labor than China

I think cheaper labor as well. From what I heard, JB is testing factories. The Jordan 2 Lows were also produced in Vietnam. This is one of the first times they've produced signatures and AJ retros in another country other than China since 1999.
Gotcha. They "lowered" the price on these, so they have to keep those margins extra healthy somehow.

Not yet. My rios are supposed to be delivered end of next week.
I balled in quite all air jordans except of the 22, 23, 2009 and 30 because i never owned them.
I must say the 28 and 29 are by far least bulky on the feet when it comes to performance to move on the court.
Most bulky ones are the 12, 15, 18, 20 as well the very old models 3, 4, 5 and 6.

You'll love these. I thought the 29s were A+ when I first got them but over the span of a few months the air bags lost their spring and it felt like playing on a thin piece of foam. I actually got shin splints in the 29s.

31s are musts for the court. Can't wait to grabbed a pair.

Last edited:
What is the significance of the? Is there a difference in quality?
Vietnam is probably even cheaper labor than China

I think cheaper labor as well. From what I heard, JB is testing factories. The Jordan 2 Lows were also produced in Vietnam. This is one of the first times they've produced signatures and AJ retros in another country other than China since 1999.

I would guess that the level of craftsmanship and error rate is much lower than China. Thus having Vietnam produce sigs/retros with quality in mind. (Or maybe there are no moles in the Vietnam factories.... unlike China.)

I would guess that the level of craftsmanship and error rate is much lower than China. Thus having Vietnam produce sigs/retros with quality in mind. (Or maybe there are no moles in the Vietnam factories.... unlike China.)

Moles follow other moles. These are 3rd world countries. Money is to be made and it'll find it's way to corruption. The world is a nasty place sometimes.

You guys notice how the 30s and 31s aren't made in China anymore and now produced in Vietnam? The 29s were produced in China.

View media item 2132427View media item 2132426

2 reasons:
1. Made in China is more and more expensive
2. Made in Vietnam improved its quality standards that nike is letting them ro produce air jordans.
Just like in 1996 the majority of air jordans were made in china ans not made in Taiwan anymore.

2 reasons:
1. Made in China is more and more expensive
2. Made in Vietnam improved its quality standards that nike is letting them ro produce air jordans.
Just like in 1996 the majority of air jordans were made in china ans not made in Taiwan anymore.

No disrespect but are you rationalizing or just making a good guess?

Last edited:
I may relent and get the XXXI USA if the discount exclusion is lifted from them since it's the only on-court Olympic white-based/home colored shoe that's somewhat official since Jimmy Butler is currently wearing them.

I was interested in KD 9 USA, but that material that attracts and collects dirt and grime is just a deterrent for me.

Kyrie 2 USA doesn't feel official to me because he's not wearing the white-based one with the blue strap in these Olympics.

Those factors may just cause me to contradict the fact I don't like any Jordans past the XIII if I end up ever getting these.

Went to my local hoh just to try them on and ended up buying.
TTS fit but was really snug in the toe box, so I went half size up. (I don't play ball)
Half size up is comfortable without feeling big.

Could Vietnam be the next move?

Moles follow other moles. These are 3rd world countries. Money is to be made and it'll find it's way to corruption. The world is a nasty place sometimes.

Neither china nor Vietnam are 3rd world countries nor development countries.
First of all 3rd world does not mean poverty but that they neither follow capitalism (1) nor communinsm (2).
We know that both china and vietnam are hybrid of capitalism and communism which makes them actually being 1.5 world countries if you want to use such term.
Chinas GDP is among the top 3 world wide by the way!
The fastest computer in the World is even built by the Chinese.
I think many people stopped following the status of China after the 1990s...

How is the flexibility of the leather ankle/heel? I like mids but they cant be restrictive. Hyperrev 16 like? I didnt like the hd 2016

Back
Top Bottom