**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

got my chain from Rey's today. As always - their customer service is top notch.

A little disappointed the links isnt at tight as egaroc1 egaroc1 but no complaints.

compared to my brother's chain that was also from Rey's.
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg

A little disappointed the links isnt at tight as egaroc1 egaroc1 but no complaints.

IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg
Looks good to me, each link looks identical, filled evenly too, there's so much more that goes into a quality cuban than just the tightness of the links.
Tight links are nice till it clamps on the back of your neck 😂

About to pull the trigger on a 22inch 14k 8mm Cuban but torn on who to order from either Reys, Leon’s or Daniels?

IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg

They look great. Mine look the same as yours. And both the chains look tight.

If this ain’t the truth 💯
Looks good to me, each link looks identical, filled evenly too, there's so much more that goes into a quality cuban than just the tightness of the links.
Tight links are nice till it clamps on the back of your neck 😂

Not acting like anything, it's just the reality of the situation ben is known, you over pay when you shop with them but the work is always on point and you don't have any second thoughts about authenticity. That was my original point it's easier to shop with them and have the peace of mind that your goods won't have fake stones or the metal wont have porosity.
Aint nobody gon tell Fam bout Ben and the fake watches!!.....

about to pull the trigger on 11mm bracelet from leon.

he has one made already and can cut it to me size he says, does cutting it effect anything or is there any difference from making it scratch to your size?
FF2C52FC-81D8-4B01-B655-58E7214381DE.JPG
D451EB3A-7E1E-40AF-B983-4197A59A25D0.JPG

Last edited:
Been on my old school ish lately and stumbled on this vid on youtube. Hector Lavoe was ahead of his time man. Its blurry but he has a CHUNKY cuban on... this is 1989, Bronx near the peak of the crack era. His jewelry game was A1 throughout the years but this is wild considering the times. Lets you know how he had it in the community. RIP.
Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.40.57 AM.png

Need some advice.

I'm about to go in on a handmade 7.5-inch Cuban bracelet at around 58 grams. I'm getting quoted $2,320 right now.

Does that sound right. It's about $40 a gram.

Need some advice.

I'm about to go in on a handmade 7.5-inch Cuban bracelet at around 58 grams. I'm getting quoted $2,320 right now.

Does that sound right. It's about $40 a gram.
you looked on Leon’s or Daniels online shop?
daniels is more but it’s a good way to compare to other jewlers.
$40 sounds about right tho.

you looked on Leon’s or Daniels online shop?
daniels is more but it’s a good way to compare to other jewlers.
$40 sounds about right tho.
Yea, I went there first.

I'm corresponding with Norma right now. Reys seems to be the cheapest I've found.

Gold is high right now smh. Spot is $35, so that would be about $5 per gram of labor.

Just wanted to double-check in here.

Yea, I went there first.

I'm corresponding with Norma right now. Reys seems to be the cheapest I've found.

Gold is high right now smh. Spot is $35, so that would be about $5 per gram of labor.

Just wanted to double-check in here.
I got my 5.5mm chain for my daughter this past thur. I was gonna compare with a post on here for the fambs. But I’m kinda busy with my kids.
but Reys is gonna be heavier and the craftsmanship/tight links go to Reys. Even at such a small chain 5.5mm his links nshape of links is crazy.
Don’t get me wrong. Leon’s are nice and all but Reys just looks better imo. The only draw back would be the links kink up more since they are so tight so u might get bit on the back of the neck like bklyn style baby bklyn style baby said :lol:
I would go with Reys and it’s a plus if he’s cheaper.

***Update **
didnt want to do another post. So I’m post comparison pics
Left to right
Reys 5.5mm 14” 14k 37.2 grams
Leon’s 6.5mm 20” 14k 68 grams
Reys 8mm 30” 10k (I forgot gram #)
Cuban ring is from CMG 8mm 14k(hopefully :smh:)

tbh both Leon’s n Reys are great n u won’t be disappointed with either purchase . It’s like comparing kobe vs Jordan:nerd::nerd:
7C93923B-D1FA-48D5-AC75-92C374AB3DE5.jpeg
417EE892-289E-49B4-8D37-E3D76A904CE1.jpeg
542FBFC3-5685-437A-9962-2896481563D8.jpeg

C2EEAD0A-0D47-4820-B095-4F47457874D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom