**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

1582486971494.png

RIP Pop Smoke

Can anyone ID the watch?

After reading through this thread y'all are some ballers. I just got into jewelry and I've started out with 10k chains and pendants. I know, I know "but it's less than 50% gold" lol. Anyway I like alot of the setups going on in here and some of you dudes really know how to coordinate. Gotta crawl before you walk. I'll work my way up to 14k before the year is over with. A question tho why is hollow jewelry so frowned upon? It's still real gold right? I noticed alot of comments about that

After reading through this thread y'all are some ballers. I just got into jewelry and I've started out with 10k chains and pendants. I know, I know "but it's less than 50% gold" lol. Anyway I like alot of the setups going on in here and some of you dudes really know how to coordinate. Gotta crawl before you walk. I'll work my way up to 14k before the year is over with. A question tho why is hollow jewelry so frowned upon? It's still real gold right? I noticed alot of comments about that

We all started somewhere-don't even worry about it. In regards to hollow, the chains I have seen in person have a clanging sound when the links move(old school puffy Gucci links-esque). It just sounds cheap-but you are correct, it is still real gold.

prob comes down to 2 things. Fragility and the price. For something that I’m wearing daily - I don’t wanna keep being mindful of the chain. I wear my chai during lifting, running, and showering. I’ve dropped my chain a couple times when I took it off and I don’t have to worry about it being bent out of shape or flattened.
You’re also probably paying a higher price per gram on a hollow chain as well. The heavier the chain, the cheaper the price per gram.

I've smacked talked 10k in this thread too, but guess what? my first i don't know how many pieces back in the day were all 10k. now i only will buy/own 14k/18k which most Asian and Indian cultures wouldn't even consider that gold because they wear 22k at a minimum.

From personal experience, buy what you like but also think long term. Do you really want to wear that next week? Is that gonna make sense when you get older? is it gonna have any future value or will you even still appreciate it the way you do now? I've wasted a lot of money on **** that I just ended up selling or giving away to family. I don't have the selection that I once did but everything I have now is timeless and respectable. When it comes to hollow don't waste your time, It's not meant to last and it's more for "fashion" jewelry in my opinion. I rather have a solid 5mm cuban before a 10mm hollow one.

Not a big Walberg fan but noticed his Jesus peice yesterday watching the game. Looks a lot like one of the Jacobs that were for sale on tradesy a few months ago.
I don’t know about that Jesus and watch, but he has been shopping with jimmyxboi lately. He posted a blacked out rollie and some other stuff not too lon ago

If resell is something you have in mind avoid diamonds and/or customization/personalization.
No one can predict gold prices but it historically goes up.
That's why I never put diamonds or engraving on the clasp of my cuban.

just realized it wasn't a question posed, but I'll add to it.

Thinking of getting rid of mine since Gold is so high up, wonder if 2nd hand prices have gone up as well?

If resell is something you have in mind avoid diamonds and/or customization/personalization.

Thinking of getting rid of mine since Gold is so high up, wonder if 2nd hand prices have gone up as well?

The clasp is easily changed. I wouldn't stress that at all. Can't wait to get mine! I got the itch. I got my shorty one and she loves that it's customized.

Would look way better with a regular bale. That new clasp idea is wack. But is trax tho so whatever. Whole setup probably weighs 75 grams

Thanks for the game fellas. I really appreciate it. I got a few 10k solid gold pieces already and was really considering copping this Cuban piece from a site called diamondrushnyc but based on the prices I'm gonna assume that the Cubans are hollow and after hearing what y'all had to say, I'd rather save up for a solid Cuban piece instead of going the hollow route. Again, thanks for the free game

Hollow doesn't sound right IMO, sounds like an empty tin can when it moves around. I had a small hollow piece before I knew better and would get annoyed by the sound it made, had my jeweler remake it so it's heavier, it's still semi-hollow but it has like 3x the weight now so it doesn't sound like a tin can.

I was chilling today watching spring training baseball when I saw this beauty on Alex Reyes......had to snap a pic from the tv. Pop looked at me like WTF are you doing...……:rofl:

IMG_1054.JPG

Thanks for the game fellas. I really appreciate it. I got a few 10k solid gold pieces already and was really considering copping this Cuban piece from a site called diamondrushnyc but based on the prices I'm gonna assume that the Cubans are hollow and after hearing what y'all had to say, I'd rather save up for a solid Cuban piece instead of going the hollow route. Again, thanks
Thanks for the game fellas. I really appreciate it. I got a few 10k solid gold pieces already and was really considering copping this Cuban piece from a site called diamondrushnyc but based on the prices I'm gonna assume that the Cubans are hollow and after hearing what y'all had to say, I'd rather save up for a solid Cuban piece instead of going the hollow route. Again, thanks for the free game
Depending on the website ur likely still paying $50-60 per gram. Miami is 35ish so u could probably already afford a nice size solid cuban!

Back
Top Bottom