**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

NLV

fye34l.jpg

20kofmw.jpg

Last edited:
Good ole days. I remember waiting on dude to flood that NLV piece then comes Ben hyping the Jesus to bolivian then when it finally got posted it was lulz

Man what jeweler is selling 14k for $25 a gram (today), scrap 14k is already 23.6 grams by itself so how would he make any real profit worth his time

That's a red flag @ 25/g. probably scrap gold.

Actually according to

http://www.goldcalc.com/scrap_gold_value.php

Its 23ish a gram for 14k gold.

Fellas remember gold is a element (cant be destroyed or created), scrap gold or new gold...**** dont matter, as long as its certified 14k.

Priced a 30in 14k 10mm Cuban at about 220 grams for $6600, that's cheaper than I've seen online on say daniel's website but is that a good overall price or can those specs be found cheaper?

Good price, but i would spend a lil more to get a great price.

220/$6600 = 30 a g.
370/$9250 = 25 a g.

The difference would be
150/$2650 = 17.66 a g

So, basically by spending a lil bit more ($2650) you stand to clean up really well for yourself. I'd take the extra 150 grams at 17.66 a g FOR SURE

But who is trying to spend almost $10k on one chain.

Actually according to

http://www.goldcalc.com/scrap_gold_value.php

Its 23ish a gram for 14k gold.

Fellas remember gold is a element (cant be destroyed or created), scrap gold or new gold...**** dont matter, as long as its certified 14k.
The gold itself is still good to use over and over but it has to be refined first (Separated from the alloy) which i don't think jewelers do. When melting down multiple pieces of scrap 14k gold you end up mixing alloys (Since all jewelers don't use the same alloy) and it causes issues with color and porosity. 

it sounds like a good deal copping 25 a gram but you have to drop 3k more to save money... for me personally i rather go with a lighter chain and just cop 18k...

It's a pretty long process with lot's of chemicals. I don't think they do it in house. All the jewelers i spoke to just melt all the scrap and sell it to a refinery. 

i personally like that IF&Co Jesus. still doesn't have eyebrows though
I thought chew might like that one, didn't you make a piece in the style of Ethiopian iconography?   I don't feel that it's the worse jesus piece ever either and it's pretty much one of a kind.  It looks like there should  be more contrast between the crown of thorns and top of jesus head though.  Notice how on most of the Jacob & Co pieces in the catalog this area usually isn't monochrome.  another problem with the IF & CO piece is how the crown and hair on top of jesus head look too similar, on Jacob & Co pieces the crown is a mean piece of barb wire and jesus head is just a couple rows of diamonds and it works. 

Are there any other pictures of that piece?  I kinda wanna see more now.  The NLV shield is still one of the greatest pieces of all times posted in these IMO.

yeah I heard of aviannie and co ther good with ther work Jacob who is the owner rafaello and co use to work with them back in the days. not sure how long ago that was.

Pharrell did it better.

Plus the colours on his were more vibrant.
1000000% agree on that.... He also had Jacob do most of his jewels and lorraine schwartz do a lot of his rings and bracelets. 

Tyler has sapphires for his colored stones, if I'm not mistaken, pharrell had fancy diamonds??? 

also wouldn't the setting of the stones add to vibrancy? 

I just ordered a 18k 28 inch 183 gram Miami Cuban .

I will post a picture when I get it, as expected

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom