**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I can see how jewelry can be addicting, after getting this chain i want another one and a gold presidential rollie lol aint got 10k laying around though

I can see how jewelry can be addicting, after getting this chain i want another one and a gold presidential rollie lol aint got 10k laying around though
Ya man you don't wanna be one of those dudes that clean out their bank account for a piece of jewelry. Honestly though if i bought a gold Rolex i would have to insure that puppy. The 36mm Day date is a beauty though. 

That nacho cheese cuban
smokin.gif

9mm 65 grams 24kt

dope, that makes the 10k look like straight brass.  that is 10k yellow gold next to it, right?

If im getting a 14k 12g piece made how much gold should i bring the goldsmith ? 12g ? 13g ? Do you lose weight when melting and casting ?
no weight is lost but you will need more than 12 grams because of the sprues. You shouldn't have to pay for that though as they will cut those off and keep them.

If im getting a 14k 12g piece made how much gold should i bring the goldsmith ? 12g ? 13g ? Do you lose weight when melting and casting ?
no weight is lost but you will need more than 12 grams because of the sprues. You shouldn't have to pay for that though as they will cut those off and keep them.
K cool. You mentioned casting grain so i looked into it and that's what i'm gonna buy to give the goldsmith instead of scrap gold. The 14k casting grain is $24/g US for anything under 15 grams do you think that's a good price ?

K cool. You mentioned casting grain so i looked into it and that's what i'm gonna buy to give the goldsmith instead of scrap gold. The 14k casting grain is $24/g US for anything under 15 grams do you think that's a good price ?
When gold was 1108/ozt, I cast 2 pendants. the labor cost on each was $4. The cost per dwt for 14k yg was 40.82, which is about 26.25 per gram. If buying casting grain and giving it to your guy costs less than 26.25 per gram then that seems fine.

When gold was 1108/ozt, I cast 2 pendants. the labor cost on each was $4. The cost per dwt for 14k yg was 40.82, which is about 26.25 per gram. If buying casting grain and giving it to your guy costs less than 26.25 per gram then that seems fine.
Labor cost $4 ? How lol ? This guy is charging me $200 start to finish (Mold, cast, polish) if i give him the gold. This is an actual jewelry store though. 

Last edited:

Labor cost $4 ? How lol ? This guy is charging me $200 start to finish (Mold, cast, polish) if i give him the gold. This is an actual jewelry store though. 
that seems a bit high but hard to say if i don't know what you're trying to do. feel free to pm me details or post them here,  i might be able to help you get it done cheaper.

the mold cost me a flat $30 and polishing cost me $15 in labor (per piece)

Back
Top Bottom