The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Are these shoes any good for balling?...or u all just gonna walk around in them and stunt

Well, they just dropped today so I doubt anyone has tested them on the court.

But Flightposites have always been top tier hooping shoes.

NOW THAT THEYVE RELEASED EM WITH THE CUT OFF MIDSOLE EVERYTHING HERE AFTER SHALL HAVE THE SAME THING.. THE THING ABOUT THE CF'S FOR THOSE THAT DONT LIKE THE CHANGE AND BOUGHT EM ANYWAY UNDERSTAND THAT THE BLACK KIND OF GIVES YOU A WAY TO IGNORE IT UNLIKE LETS SAY A "BLACK/RED OG-RETRO" …

AS FOR COMPLAINING.. IM NEVER REALLY ONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT QUALITY ISSUES.. BUT WITH THIS SHOE I DONT THINK PPL ARE REALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT QUALITY AS MUCH AS THEY ARE DISSATISFIED WITH A COMPLETE CHANGE IN THE SHOES… WOULD YOU NOT FEEL THE SAME WAY IF JB DROPPED A RETRO XI AND MADE THE PATENT LEATHER STRAIGHT LEATHER AND CUT OFF THE INNER CLEAR SOLE ….

NOW THAT THEYVE RELEASED EM WITH THE CUT OFF MIDSOLE EVERYTHING HERE AFTER SHALL HAVE THE SAME THING.. THE THING ABOUT THE CF'S FOR THOSE THAT DONT LIKE THE CHANGE AND BOUGHT EM ANYWAY UNDERSTAND THAT THE BLACK KIND OF GIVES YOU A WAY TO IGNORE IT UNLIKE LETS SAY A "BLACK/RED OG-RETRO" …

AS FOR COMPLAINING.. IM NEVER REALLY ONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT QUALITY ISSUES.. BUT WITH THIS SHOE I DONT THINK PPL ARE REALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT QUALITY AS MUCH AS THEY ARE DISSATISFIED WITH A COMPLETE CHANGE IN THE SHOES… WOULD YOU NOT FEEL THE SAME WAY IF JB DROPPED A RETRO XI AND MADE THE PATENT LEATHER STRAIGHT LEATHER AND CUT OFF THE INNER CLEAR SOLE ….

Haha

U mean like they did that ugly thing the "jordan future"?!?!?!?!?

I couldnt resist

Last edited:
Randomly googling around and seen these PEs.

Prolly seen before, but green is like my fav color.
smokin.gif
They're black and orange.

Reactions: alp
 This discussion about the differences is quite interesting. Retros have become a fundamentally dishonest product, which is why I avoid most of them. This is particularly true with Jordan retros where nike  habitually gets away with using the nastiest and cheapest materials they can find and the shoe still sells out! That is the problem. If consumers continue to reward nike for its bad behaviour (i.e. buying a product that looks vaguely similar to the og but with cheap and nasty materials) nike has no incentive to change its behaviour and put out something remotely similar to the og in terms of quality and design.

I can understand nike using cheap materials because it wants to cut costs. But why change the basic design? That's just trolling and gives nike an excuse to release the proper one down the line and call it the OG Retro. Which is  not only an oxymoron, but still won't be identical to the og (e.g. the jordan instead of nike on the soles of the 88 OG Retro).

The last retro I have purchased was the glove. At least the design was about 95% similar to the og but they still managed to ruin it with the useless and extremely uncomfortable zoom they used, thus rendering a basketball shoe useless for basketball. 

Last edited:
Are these shoes any good for balling?...or u all just gonna walk around in them and stunt

Well, they just dropped today so I doubt anyone has tested them on the court.

But Flightposites have always been top tier hooping shoes.

These shoes are comfy i could feel the forefoot zoom when i tried them on but not the heel, i wonder if the change if the midsole affects the traction bad

Can we hone this thread back in? :wow:

Another gripe of mine...

With the o.g., you knew someone had carbons on from a city block away -- LITERALLY. Same way you would instantly spot from a distance if a kat had a CF kit on the dashboard of his car. Your eyes were drawn to the material.

These joints? It's damn near "Carbon 3M"...

Meaning, you have to get a light reflection to see the faint Carbon Fiber print. All these "flex" and "for sale" pics posted online have been very deceiving because they're all close up shots... CF has never been a material you had to be less than a foot away and had to squint your eyes to spot it!

Although I appreciate having a "posite" that is all black and glossed and not "matte" or "ashy larry" in nature -- see last two all black foam releases -- these joints are the typical "take it or leave it" from Nike.

I took it for $130 inclusive. Kiss my tail at $180 or more.

------------------------------

I wouldn't even bother with the Knicks joints at retail. The white -- again, with the appreciation of finally seeing an all white "posite" -- makes the formal changes aesthetically look 100x worst.

No question the Knicks joints will hit clearance racks and outlets.

Plus, I would personally have to get the side chip painted silver to "jedi-mind-trick" myself that they are formidable to H20s. Kiss my tail for buying a shoe then instantly spending more $$$ to alter it.

"WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE..."

#oldfart signing off.........................................................

Last edited:
Dudes are grown men crying about shoes smh and it's the same every release ...make another thread just for complaining if you don't like don't buy ...any shoe thread you go into there's long *** responses complaing

^
And every thread I go in there are "grown men" who respond like trolls and disrespect the fact that NIKETALK was initially created by "Method Man" and "Nelson C" as a place where consumers can fluently articulate and converse about...

Hold your breath here...

Nike products.

[COLOR=#red]*Cam'ron voice* [/COLOR] ".......Disgusting B..............."

Last edited:
There people in here with multiple responses SAYING THEY DONT LIKE THE SHOES like we get it you don't like Em ...so move on it's like there trying to force there opinion on everyone else it gets annoying if I don't like a shoe I comment once that's it

There people in here with multiple responses SAYING THEY DONT LIKE THE SHOES like we get it you don't like Em ...so move on it's like there trying to force there opinion on everyone else it gets annoying if I don't like a shoe I comment once that's it

What are you Niketalk police? You do know Nike lurks these forums right? So yeah I'm gonna keep bashing their products every chance I get until they do better. Your complaining about other people complaining and I find that annoying. The solution is using this as a platform to get Nikes attention. Once they make good retros again the complaints will stop. This thread is better than most because although we disagree there's no personal attacks or gif wars. It's funny how many people claim to be into shoes and collectors, then turn around and accept whatever Nike throws out. Don't you people want better products from Nike worth the price increase?

Last edited:
Dudes are grown men crying about shoes smh and it's the same every release ...make another thread just for complaining if you don't like don't buy ...any shoe thread you go into there's long *** responses complaing

Threads like these provide Nike with marketing research so it's good to have people voice their opinions.

Whether or not they take the info and use it is another question....

Exactly. Niketalk is the number 1 sneaker site on the planet. This is the place to voice negative opinions if you have them. You literally have folks buying subpar retros out of fear that this is as close as they'll get to a CF Flightposite. Why accept this and stay quiet when we as the consumers have the power to force change.

No, what is actually annoying is a bunch of insecure kids getting all defensive about having standards lower than ours. We've said 100 times that if you like these, go buy them. Whatever. We think the shoe was butchered. But, you have these dudes who bough the shoe and claim to not give a damn doing backflips to justify their opinion to an audience who they are not going to convince.

Other people like the shoe. We get that too. Y'all are just as capable of shutting your mouths as we are.

Lol if nike really cared what nt thinks we wouldn't see half of the nasty color ways that come out so miss me with that bs yea they check here but they dont give a **** what you think ...why would they change the sole if they knew the number one site in the world would be oppose to it ...lmaoooooo

Lol if nike really cared what nt thinks we wouldn't see half of the nasty color ways that come out so miss me with that bs yea they check here but they dont give a **** what you think ...why would they change the sole if they knew the number one site in the world would be oppose to it ...lmaoooooo

NT represents only part of the market for Nike's customer base. Nike knows it can sell OG colorways for OG heads, and sell the newer sneaker crowd on the "nasty" colorways you mentioned. A colorway you don't like is a colorway others may thirst for. Would we see these half of these nasty colorways if the neon/loud color movement wasn't en vogue right now?

Why change the sole you ask? A reason could be to give OG owners the respect of not releasing the same exact product.

Back
Top Bottom