-The Official Car Discussion Thead-

Strongly disagree

dude are you serious

take nt for example were a small percentage we are enthusiast

you think everyone with a german car is on audizine/bimmerforums etc?

explain what you are disagreein on? audi dealers are real bad these days too you damn near cant do anything without them tryna screw you over on warranty work

This is true, however they'll ususally deny warranty work if it pertains to the aftermarket accessories.

If the speakers blow, they'll replace them because aftermarket wheels dont effect speakers

bmw might be better but seriously audi dealers are gettin ridic

i love vw/audi but the customer service is not all that

i cant speak on bmw cuz i dont follow them like that

its actually makin me kinda iffy on gettin a newer car from all the new &*#& i been hearin

Al Audi is correct in terms of warranty.

Volkswagen of America lately has been coming down hard anything with tuning of your car, ESP with chips/flashes. Flat out denying claims and watermarking your VINs in your system.

dude are you serious
take nt for example were a small percentage we are enthusiast
you think everyone with a german car is on audizine/bimmerforums etc?
explain what you are disagreein on? audi dealers are real bad these days too you damn near cant do anything without them tryna screw you over on warranty work
I'm dead ***** serious.  I disagreed with most BMW/AUDI "heads" leasing.  Of course I agree with dealerships trying to rob you that't why they are called stealerships.

Last edited:
Al Audi is correct in terms of warranty.
Volkswagen of America lately has been coming down hard anything with tuning of your car, ESP with chips/flashes. Flat out denying claims and watermarking your VINs in your system.
Whats wrong with that? If someone can modify a product with a 'program', and then make components work differently than their intended use..then when the components fail you want the manufacturer to pay for it?

Why do you think apple wont warranty your iphone when its jailbroken? Its the same thing!

Also, warranty work comes from the manufacturer themselves, not the dealership. The dealership gets the parts from the manufacturer for "NO" cost. Then the manufacturer has to pay the dealership "bookrate" for labor for "x" hours, depending on what needs repairing/replacing.

Last edited:
Cant really say anything other than.. the new m3 engine is going to be off the HIZZOOK!

nerd.gif

has anyone ever had their brake calipers powder coated to match the color of the car? 

i dont know what kind of prices to expect.. hopefully it isnt rape price otherwise ima roll with g2 paint

has anyone ever had their brake calipers powder coated to match the color of the car? 

i dont know what kind of prices to expect.. hopefully it isnt rape price otherwise ima roll with g2 paint
Use the G2, Ive used it on mine and have had no problems with it so far.

I know you guys dont want me in this thread because i just asked about getting help to buy a car.But i just settled with VW and they are giving me a new transmission with  a 5 year warranty for under 700$ .  The point of my post is that , dont take the first offer from the dealer and fight till u get what you want, saved me over 2k .

I know you guys dont want me in this thread because i just asked about getting help to buy a car.But i just settled with VW and they are giving me a new transmission with  a 5 year warranty for under 700$ .  The point of my post is that , dont take the first offer from the dealer and fight till u get what you want, saved me over 2k .

repped good job

My brake lights wont work!!! Everytime I press the brake the fuse blows. Thought I fixed it when I found something unplugged and threw in a new fuse. Nope. Whats the best way to look for a short? This is frustrating af 
mad.gif

mean.gif

bump diggity. lets have a discussion about real cars, nothing about lambos, ferarris, astons, etc.

One thing i HATE seeing is when people fill up their cars with either too HIGH octane or too LOW.

PUT WHAT IS REQUIRED DAMNIT. Putting 91 in a car that is designed to take 87 will NOT make it faster or "smoother". I'm pretty sure that the engineers who designed the car are smart enough to know what your car needs to perform at its optimum capabilities.

And putting 87 in a car that is designed to take 91 actually harms your MPG, so you're losing the money youre saving anyway. Not to mention your car litterally ******s its timing and you lose ALOT of power. Can your car run on it? Yes. But its designed as a fail safe. If you're stranded in the desert, its made so you can put in the cheapest gas and still function. Do NOT run your car on lower octane for long periods of time!

Last edited:
a lot of car makers are doing direct injection these days...........................and across the board it seems carbon build up is an issue..................an expensive annoying one also.

having any car out of warranty these days seems like a hassle

thoughts anyone?

even your good ol reliable lexus isnt safe when the miles get higher

Sweet car! Just remember that tuning shops sometimes dont have the equipment or specialty tools that dealerships have (unless that tuning shop is doing very well).

Hell, just for one of our BMW diagnostic computers is like 10 grand!

Do you work at a BMW dealer in the bay area?

Yeah my buddy has the Genesis and can't stop driving it.

I'm debating on either a used (2011) Audi TT in great condition/low mileage or a new VW Scirocco.. both two doors and look fun to drive.

Is there anyway to prevent engine sludge building up?

What hapoens when i "chip" my car or install a tuner?

Is there anyway to prevent engine sludge building up?
What hapoens when i "chip" my car or install a tuner?
Absolutely nothing. Would have worked 15-20 years ago but today's cars have gotten too smart. Once you install it and drive it for a bit, your car's ECU will notice the difference in pressure levels and what not and will automatically override the chip and remap itself to stock conditions. 

Wouldn't it even make sense for me to try and put in work on a cadillac from the 90s with 100k+ miles?
And are there any good old school car forums out there? :nerd:

got ignored in the other thread :nerd:

People on NT love to hate them but I absolutely love 92-03 era Northstar cars.

Ive owned a bunch of them over the years and dropped alot of info you might find useful in this thread : http://niketalk.com/t/508496/the-official-cadillac-thread

I mention this in the thread but as for higher mileage cars... When it comes to Northstars in particular the general consensus that the slightly higher mileage ones that get driven regularly and catch alot of highway miles actually run better and last longer with fewer issues. The ultra low mileage cars that were only putzed around town on Sundays have been found to be caked with carbon buildup that can lead to all kinds of costly repairs down the line.

If looking for a higher mileage car try to find one that has already had a headbolt/headgasket repair. This is a very common issue on all pre 05 Northstars due to a flaw in the headbolt design(I explain this in greater depth in the Caddie Thread) but once it is properly repaired the cars are good to go for a very long time to come.

Last edited:
a lot of car makers are doing direct injection these days...........................and across the board it seems carbon build up is an issue..................an expensive annoying one also.
having any car out of warranty these days seems like a hassle
thoughts anyone?
even your good ol reliable lexus isnt safe when the miles get higher
i believe the new generation engines should have less of an issue with carbon build up. but hey, the trade off is efficiency and performance! i would gladly take that anyday!

Back
Top Bottom