The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

naruto: stuffs been ridiculous since naruto did the bijuu training but last chapter was all types of c'mon son. gai on beast mode even being near death. both himand kakashi supposedly going to be able to take on madara with an armless 4th (which btw how did he get his spicial blade in his mouth. obiti almost on same footing with madara???? cmon som ****wtbs.

Bleach dont even get me started.
how sare kubo gove rukia one of the most powerful bankais but still have kuchiki come and save the day with just his shiki. it took 2 people just to beat that fear guy.....come on.
at least fear dudes back story was decent.
but now theyre going to drag us through 4 chaps of little girl and medical nurse. im predicting this is going to be zarakis return which will be wasted on a low letter
someone tell me when the f*****ery is over

Can't say that I'm thrilled with how easily twistable Ryuuko is in Kill La Kill, but this next episode will be interesting... as they always are :lol:. I never watch previews anyway, so I don't mind them not having them at the end of the episode :pimp:

The newest episode was no joke. It looks like some stuff from earlier in the season is gonna come into play now (though i will refrain on saying what exactly).

Will definitely be doing some catching up tonight then. Glad it got interesting.

How long does Golden Time take to really take off? I watched the first ep and it was slowwwww. I don't even think I finished it.

So when does fairy tail get good guys...?
laugh.gif
It doesn't really. If you don't like it at the beginning just drop it cause it goes down hill as the series goes on. The arcs start good then quickly fall apart, all arcs end basically the same way with friendship power ups. It's got some good fight scenes tho if you wanna watch for that. 

It doesn't really. If you don't like it at the beginning just drop it cause it goes down hill as the series goes on. The arcs start good then quickly fall apart, all arcs end basically the same way with friendship power ups. It's got some good fight scenes tho if you wanna watch for that. 

Yeah I'm waiting for some good fighting scenes cuz right now they suck..like I know one piece doesn't have the best fighting either but the story is so good it makes up for that..

Do you get more backstory on these dudes as the story goes along? Some sad ****? Something ? :lol:

Yeah I'm waiting for some good fighting scenes cuz right now they suck..like I know one piece doesn't have the best fighting either but the story is so good it makes up for that..

Do you get more backstory on these dudes as the story goes along? Some sad ****? Something ?
laugh.gif
Nothing OP level, but you find out a little about their pasts. You should already know about Natsu's although he has another backstory before this alternate reality arc that makes no sense it also explains why Mira doesn't fight anymore and it explains more about Elfman. They show Gray's backstory which also explains why he strips. Then we see Erza's. They also do Lucy's kind of. Honestly, the writing isn't good. If you know Natsu's backstory it's the same for every dragon slayer.

I just started OP.

I'm not gonna watch every episode though. I'm only watching the best arcs picked by my algorithm.

I just finished the Arlong Park arc and now I'm doing the Alabasta arc.

What are some other must-see arcs?

I just started OP.

I'm not gonna watch every episode though. I'm only watching the best arcs picked by my algorithm.

Basically once you get to Water7/Enies Lobby I would just watch it through. Cuz that's when it gets really good. I think it's a couple arcs after alabasta

Last edited:
I just started OP.

How you gonna understand the story that way? But Skypeia isn't action driven until the end, but it's important for the story. Enies Lobby and Water 7 are in contention for the best arcs.  Impel Down, Marineford, Saobody, are great, and the end of thiller bark. I'm not a fan of most of thriller bark, but the end of it is great. If you want to get through it quickly tho, just read the manga instead.

Did you skip whiskey peak, Little garden, and drum island?

Last edited:
Ay leb13 leb13 I forgot to ask does fairy tail ever have serious moments?? Lmao cuz idk if I can do it if they gonna sit there and joke 24/7 having gray and natsu BSing with each other every second :lol:

Basically once you get to Water7/Enies Lobby I would just watch it through. Cuz that's when it gets really good. I think it's a couple arcs after alabasta

For sure. IIRC you powered through them all :lol:

How you gonna understand the story that way? But Skypeia isn't action driven until the end, but it's important for the story. Enies Lobby and Water 7 are in contention for the best arcs.  Impel Down, Marineford, Saobody, are great, and the end of thiller bark. I'm not a fan of most of thriller bark, but the end of it is great. If you want to get through it quickly tho, just read the manga instead.

Did you skip whiskey peak, Little garden, and drum island?

I've seen enough to know the general story, but I don't wanna watch all 600.

And I did skip those arcs.

Oh and I've never been on that Manga wave. I was thinking about starting with AOT tho since we're not getting a season 2 for a minute.

Last edited:
:lol: yeah it was tedious at first cuz the animation was lookin so old and crusty but then it got good and I wish wouldn't have caught up. Waiting every week for an episode is torture :smh:

I'll keep that in mind and try to go as slow as possible, but if I get sucked in I'll end up binge watching them all. :smh:

I have no self control when it comes to shows I like.

Ay @leb13 I forgot to ask does fairy tail ever have serious moments?? Lmao cuz idk if I can do it if they gonna sit there and joke 24/7 having gray and natsu BSing with each other every second
laugh.gif
During the fights I guess or right before and after a fight, but if they're in the guild they're just BSing the whole time. All the serious moments deal with friendship too.

Oh @MrWavez  I was gonna ask in OP what kinda islands do you think we'll see in the new world or what island themes do you want to see? I was thinking about it cause this arc also set up the possibility for Luffy to pick up a bunch of allies all of the new world in one shot, so we might see more islands and Luffy getting some territory of his own.
For sure. IIRC you powered through them all
laugh.gif

I've seen enough to know the general story, but I don't wanna watch all 600.

And I did skip those arcs.

Oh and I've never been on that Manga wave. I was thinking about starting with AOT tho since we're not getting a season 2 for a minute.
The story gets pretty layered. There's a lot of foreshadowing a reintroductions. The small details that become important really make the story, which is why I was saying if you skip a lot you'll miss out on major things ahead. After you watch and catch up you might want to go on the Wikia to make sure you got the full picture. If you get around impel down and marineford and the pacing gets rough you might want to make the switch to the manga.

Thanks to Hulu Plus I can have Saturday morning (and afternoon) cartoons. I'm just about done with the first season of AoT. It's worth the price of the subscrption I think, they have very large selection of anime.

During the fights I guess or right before and after a fight, but if they're in the guild they're just BSing the whole time. All the serious moments deal with friendship too.

Oh @MrWavez
 I was gonna ask in OP what kinda islands do you think we'll see in the new world or what island themes do you want to see? I was thinking about it cause this arc also set up the possibility for Luffy to pick up a bunch of allies all of the new world in one shot, so we might see more islands and Luffy getting some territory of his own.

I have no idea man, I definitely can't wait till they get to the place where kinemon is from cuz we gonna get to see all the samurais and what not. Big moms Island look interesting :lol: and of course I wanna see where kaido is at

I have no idea man, I definitely can't wait till they get to the place where kinemon is from cuz we gonna get to see all the samurais and what not. Big moms Island look interesting
laugh.gif
and of course I wanna see where kaido is at
I kinda want to see Zou. I've seen a couple theories on it, one is that it's a zoo island with a bunch of animals, and if Bepo and Pekoms are minkmen it may be where they're from. Another I saw was that if Law's using it as a base it might be a winter island since his crew has a winter theme. They all wear snow suits except Jean Bart, Law's animal theme is a snow leopard, Bepo is a polar bear, then he has the dude Penguin in his crew and that dude shachi which means killer whale. 

But Wano should be cool, I've been looking forward to it since we saw Ryuma. Hopefully they teach Zoro how to cut different elements. Depending on what happens to Cavendish they might go to that island thats based off London, i think it was Romell Kingdom. 

Since Don Chinjoa is gonna give Luffy his navy they might go to flower country and learn that shockwave technique. That could be good for Sanji.

Elbaf will get done right since Oda's been hyping it up for a while like he has Wano.

I really want to see that winter island Drake is on where Kaido is having all those robots and weapons built. I think he's trading them to Doflamingo for Smile right? Then Doflamingo sells em to warring countries. 

The feel of Dressrosa got me more interested in the different islands cause it's been so well done, especially after punk hazard. The new world is making the 1st half of the grand line feel small

I kinda want to see Zou. I've seen a couple theories on it, one is that it's a zoo island with a bunch of animals, and if Bepo and Pekoms are minkmen it may be where they're from. Another I saw was that if Law's using it as a base it might be a winter island since his crew has a winter theme. They all wear snow suits except Jean Bart, Law's animal theme is a snow leopard, Bepo is a polar bear, then he has the dude Penguin in his crew and that dude shachi which means killer whale. 

But Wano should be cool, I've been looking forward to it since we saw Ryuma. Hopefully they teach Zoro how to cut different elements. Depending on what happens to Cavendish they might go to that island thats based off London, i think it was Romell Kingdom. 

Since Don Chinjoa is gonna give Luffy his navy they might go to flower country and learn that shockwave technique. That could be good for Sanji.
Elbaf will get done right since Oda's been hyping it up for a while like he has Wano.

I really want to see that winter island Drake is on where Kaido is having all those robots and weapons built. I think he's trading them to Doflamingo for Smile right? Then Doflamingo sells em to warring countries. 

The feel of Dressrosa got me more interested in the different islands cause it's been so well done, especially after punk hazard. The new world is making the 1st half of the grand line feel small

Yeah man Isn't Sanji and then supposed to be headed to zou now? Mann this arc has so much stuff going on. Before we worry about the other islands we need to get off this island first :lol: but it's definitely looking epic so far...they need to show what's good with Sanji and big moms ship

You right about the allies man luffy Finna have a whole army of dudes wanting doffys head :lol:

Word I'm wondering wth drake doing with kaido anyways...prolly to try to take him down. And yeah that's where doffy getting the weapons from.

Yeah man Isn't Sanji and then supposed to be headed to zou now? Mann this arc has so much stuff going on. Before we worry about the other islands we need to get off this island first
laugh.gif
but it's definitely looking epic so far...they need to show what's good with Sanji and big moms ship

You right about the allies man luffy Finna have a whole army of dudes wanting doffys head
laugh.gif

Word I'm wondering wth drake doing with kaido anyways...prolly to try to take him down. And yeah that's where doffy getting the weapons from.
Yeah the Sunny group is supposed to head to zou, but Sanji wanted to attack Big Mom's ship first. I don't think we'll see that again until the end of the arc.

Haha yeah that's true we don't even know how they're getting off Dressrosa alive yet, but it'll have to deal with all those toys turning back human and causing riots. I'm hoping Luffy gets all these allies and starts putting islands under his protection.

It'd be cool if Drake is already teamed up with Law secretly.

Back
Top Bottom