The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Luffy power is unexplained. Makes 0 sense

Why would the writer give the main character a weak power and then give him unexplained add ons to that power...makes no sense.

On that note how does he make his hand turn into a solid(metal rock black looking thing) and can someone explain what second gear actually is

so you're less entertained by luffy and his many fighting styles. compared to Naruto and Rasengan. or Ichigo and Getsuga????

I would explain Gear 3rd being like a huge mass added with luffy's strength. thus a strong ***** punch.
I see no difference between that and Chouji doing it...............just saying.

3rd gear is nonsense. From the time I first saw it I was like this makes no sense.
How does him turning himself into a balloon make him stronger?
2nd gear got a pass from me, you speed up your heart and blood and everything else gets sped up. Sure whatever.
But I've never respected 3rd gear. I'm sure he could have thought of something else.

from wiki about third gear

Gear Third is generally used when raw physical strength is needed, the bones are the key difference between this form and his old "Gomu Gomu no Fusen" move, where his balloon form was soft and squishy like a regular balloon, whereas the inflated bones are very hard, similar to an inflated car tire. Unlike the normal Gomu Gomu no Fusen technique, bullets ricochet off of Gear Third instead of bouncing off. The bones being much harder also mean a lot of compression of air takes place when using Gear Third, making Gear Third not just a "for-show" move as Lucci initially thought, but like a giant mace of astounding mass when used in attacks. Because of Luffy's raw strength, he is able to move his gigantic arm with ease.

so he's also inflating his bone density instead of being just air inside himself since his whole body has the properties of the rubber fruit instead of just his skin

The only thing that doesn't make sense about Gear 3rd to me is how he's able to blow air into his bones throught his fingers. Like are there holes in his fingers that go straight through to his bones? As for Gear 2nd, probably one of my favorite power ups for a character seeing how its unique to Luffy and he takes advantage of his DF in an innovative way. Plus dat soru and the steam looks awesome :smokin

The only thing that doesn't make sense about Gear 3rd to me is how he's able to blow air into his bones throught his fingers. Like are there holes in his fingers that go straight through to his bones? As for Gear 2nd, probably one of my favorite power ups for a character seeing how its unique to Luffy and he takes advantage of his DF in an innovative way. Plus dat soru and the steam looks awesome :smokin
I think he bites the tips of his thumbs to puncture them first. Funny how the main character in almost every action anime/manga has to bite themselves in order to use some crazy power :lol:.
One of my favorite uses of Gear Second
was right after the timeskip when Luffy was at that meetup with the fake Strawhats and the Pacifista shot the lasers at him. It was crazy how fast Luffy appeared in the sky and took him out with that one punch :smokin
I know we haven't seen all of the Strawhats' power yet. They just been playin with these boys

so you're less entertained by luffy and his many fighting styles. compared to Naruto and Rasengan. or Ichigo and Getsuga????

I would explain Gear 3rd being like a huge mass added with luffy's strength. thus a strong ***** punch.
I see no difference between that and Chouji doing it...............just saying.

if it makes sense im for it.

and ill take the L here. i think 2nd gear is cool too but i just didnt really understand it. now i get it. the haki thing is still a mystery to me tho.

and ill take the L here. i think 2nd gear is cool too but i just didnt really understand it. now i get it. the haki thing is still a mystery to me tho.

Think of Haki as bruce lee doing his one inch punch. just a concentration of power.

3rd gear is nonsense. From the time I first saw it I was like this makes no sense.
How does him turning himself into a balloon make him stronger?
2nd gear got a pass from me, you speed up your heart and blood and everything else gets sped up. Sure whatever.
But I've never respected 3rd gear. I'm sure he could have thought of something else.
from wiki about third gear
Gear Third is generally used when raw physical strength is needed, the bones are the key difference between this form and his old "Gomu Gomu no Fusen" move, where his balloon form was soft and squishy like a regular balloon, whereas the inflated bones are very hard, similar to an inflated car tire. Unlike the normal Gomu Gomu no Fusen technique, bullets ricochet off of Gear Third instead of bouncing off. The bones being much harder also mean a lot of compression of air takes place when using Gear Third, making Gear Third not just a "for-show" move as Lucci initially thought, but like a giant mace of astounding mass when used in attacks. Because of Luffy's raw strength, he is able to move his gigantic arm with ease.
so he's also inflating his bone density instead of being just air inside himself since his whole body has the properties of the rubber fruit instead of just his skin
Ahhhhh ok. I went wrong when I thought of it as a balloon instead of a tire.

I'm sorry for doubting you oda sensei. I take it all back.

Yeah, Oda still has given an in depth explanation of haki but its esentially imbuing your attacks with your will. The black "hardening" is supposed to be an advanced form of COA which gives added offensive and defensive capabilities. COO amplifies the senses and reflexes allowing them to see through an opponents attacks and even sense others.

Yeah, Oda still has given an in depth explanation of haki but its esentially imbuing your attacks with your will. The black "hardening" is supposed to be an advanced form of COA which gives added offensive and defensive capabilities. COO amplifies the senses and reflexes allowing them to see through an opponents attacks and even sense others.
Then there's king's/conqueror's haki, which is a whole other can of worms :lol:

From the One Piece Wiki:

Haoshoku Haki is a rare form of Haki that cannot be attained through training and only one in a million people carry it.This type of Haki grants the user the ability to dominate the wills of others. The most common usage in the series so far is knocking those with weak wills unconscious.

Man why did they add brook to the team..he does nothing for the show except more not funny jokes...

He's the musician. Minus everyone's fighting ability they all have a sole skill to add to the crew. Captain, navigator, cook, doctor, repairman, etc.

He's the musician. Minus everyone's fighting ability they all have a sole skill to add to the crew. Captain, navigator, cook, doctor, repairman, etc.

Musician dog...? That's all they could think of..? He's terrible. Since he joined the team he ain't done ****... They already got one swordsman why add another?

Musician dog...? That's all they could think of..? He's terrible. Since he joined the team he ain't done ****... They already got one swordsman why add another?
Luffy's been saying since the beginning of the series that he wanted a musician in the crew. He set out to make a crew where everybody had a certain role to fill. The fact that they're strong also, is a bonus

Are you strictly watching the OP anime or do you read the manga and look at the anime for the big moments?

Are you strictly watching the OP anime or do you read the manga and look at the anime for the big moments?

I've been strictly watching the anime. I planned on just watching till reached the current eps and then continue with the manga.

Man I want to watch attack on Titan but that **** like something that would give me nightmares lmao

Free!

Rei is one sensitive dude lmao. Funniest part of episode was the preview for the next one with the all out part :rofl:

I was watching OP anime back when vegapunk was still subbing them. just got used to how they spelled everything and watching something else just seems weird and incorrect. kinda like if I read the big 3 from any other site than mangastream. translations just dont make as much sense.

Haven't watched since the zombie loan arc :smh:

The Breaker: NW is back from hiatus
pimp.gif

It's almost like Wavez is doing play by plays as he watches, so when he says stuff like that you have to just remember that he might not have gotten far enough to see anything that shows him otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom