The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm not feeling it either but I know just a way to keep luffy out of the other action going on around whole cake until everything's set up

Bro this might be the worst run around oda has ever made..like you shoulda seen my face when I realized Luffy was still in that silly *** forest :smh:

And also, lol at still reading bleach. Y'all better than me

I was able to easily continue bleach after marathoning it, but I'm starting to think I've  been conditioned to expect a drop in quality after a time skip.

Naruto- Mostly everyone enjoyed part 1, while a lot of people thought part 2 was average/bad

One Piece- Everyone loved part 1, part 2 has mixed opinions.

Bleach- part 1 was good, and it seems everyone hates part 2
laugh.gif

Even DBZ can be included, I think most would agree Saiyan,Freeza, and Cell sagas> Buu saga

Last edited:

I was able to easily continue bleach after marathoning it, but I'm starting to think I've  been conditioned to expect a drop in quality after a time skip.

Naruto- Mostly everyone enjoyed part 1, while a lot of people thought part 2 was average/bad

Bleach- part 1 was good, and it seems everyone hates part 2
laugh.gif

Even DBZ can be included, I think most would agree Saiyan,Freeza, and Cell sagas> Buu saga
In my mind, it's because after the time skips power levels get so absurd the series kind of loses it's magic.

Towards the end of Naruto there was no need for stealth or clever tactics anymore. Whoever had the most deus ex machina power ups won.

Bleach just ended up being incredibly predictable and stale. Pretty much follows this same process every fight
  • Unleash ultimate ability
  • Enemy finds some way to make it not so ultimate
  • The enemy is unstoppable, all hope is lost, someone save the children
  • Deus Ex Machina
  • Ichigo/whomever wins. 
I still ***** with One Piece so I have no comments.

Bro this might be the worst run around oda has ever made..like you shoulda seen my face when I realized Luffy was still in that silly *** forest :smh:

And also, lol at still reading bleach. Y'all better than me
especially after coming off of a real good 3/4 of this chapter but It's really not a new thing oda's doing here it's the same run around he's done in multiple arcs with luffy out of the way so others can shine but this one just isn't working like we've already seen luffy beat up talking trees years ago in thriller bark so I'm just confused as to what this is gonna be its obviously ending soon because all our other characters are in their places for the story to continue so I expecting a quick wrap up atleast.

Bleach- part 1 was good, and it seems everyone hates part 2:lol:

In my mind, it's because after the time skips power levels get so absurd the series kind of loses it's magic.

Towards the end of Naruto there was no need for stealth or clever tactics anymore. Whoever had the most deus ex machina power ups won.

Pretty much. A massive increase in powers tends to lead to less interesting fights. You'll still get some that stand out, like SS3 Goku vs Kid Buu or 8 Gates Gai vs Juubi Madara, but overall the fights are usually not as good as the ones from earlier in the series.

The good thing about op is people still arent exactly able to destroy worlds. There are powerful people but notjing that cant be beat by something else. On top of some things seeming limited by all charachters. Lets not forget all characters being weak to the sea. That makes things even to me lol

They doing bleach so dirty. As much as i wanted it to end. We didnt even get to see the bankai... smh. They shouldve ended at aizen in HM or atleast captain yamato splittin juhas wig back or even dying and ichigo finally killing him. Smh.

I almost feel bad for kubo now
Even tho i dont think this arc would've been any better had he had the time. But still..

Last edited:
The good thing about op is people still arent exactly able to destroy worlds. There are powerful people but notjing that cant be beat by something else. On top of some things seeming limited by all charachters. Lets not forget all characters being weak to the sea. That makes things even to me lol

Agreed. The way Oda has set up some Devil Fruit powers to be countered by another really works in his favor. Like Aokiji may have been stronger than Ace overall, but that didn't change the fact that Ace's fire abilities were able to deal with Aokiji's when they clashed. Allows for interesting matchups. Then Luffy's rubber based abilities have proven to be an excellent choice in the long run.

I think the issue with Bleach is that it didn't have a long term appeal to it. what I mean is that after a while it's just sword fighting over and over again. It probably should've ended after Ichigo beat Aizen. Ichigo loses his powers and goes back to being a normal teenager, and then end it on a cliff hanger with him somehow being able to see Rukia or something. That's how it should've ended

there are plenty of "just sword fighting" animes that are awesome. I think in this recent arc, they just dropped the ball on the elite shinigami, they were practically useless.
and build up to fights and the longevity of some of these rights were just too much.

It was simply a story thing.
He couldn't maintain a good capturing story.

I wish they would have never had him revert back to a regular human. cuz fullbring arc was pointless. there are 1000s of ways he couldve maintained a good story without the full bringer arc, or even bought in juha could have taken ichigo down a peg by not "blessing" him with his power anymore.

so he wouldn't have been aizen G level anymore or something.

He could have also put a lot more use in the other characters which he never quite did. it all reverted back to ichigo.

this is why OP will always be the best of the "big 3" it doesn't all come back to Luffy. separate stories are separate. simple. it doesn't come back to everyone wanting to beat or catch up to luffy. it's like arcs inside of arcs.

in the grand scheme of the OP world Luffy is still wildly insignificant to the pirate world. he's still being compared with the rest of the "worst generation" he hasnt been praised as the best of the worst or anything he took out doflamingo but it's only significant because of the drugs. now if he beats big mama then maybe but that also depends what the rest of the "worst generation" does.

Naruto had the problem bleach has aas well. Everything came back to Naruto..

True, Ruroni Kenshin was mostly sword fighting and it's a classic.

tdogg2k tdogg2k As Part 2 dragged on i'd say everything started to come back to Naruto AND Sasuke.

Aizen ruined bleach.

Naah. That was the high point and a good place to end things. It's also where I stopped because I assumed it would be ending :lol: From what i've heard of everything since it was the right decision.

aizen and tousen turning in to monsters was absolutely ridiculous to me.
the Arrancar i can understand but when tousen turned in to that thing i was done..

i wonder if there are any fan fiction of bleach out there. i have a few ideas i would personally do myself

Man when they showed how shinji never noticed aizen was different all these years I was like :smh: :lol:

Dude was too OP. It was just silly man. He could make you see whatever you wanted to see. Like what? :lol: **** didn't even make sense.

Don't get me started on the tousen nonsense :x :x :x turned that boy into a BUG lmfao!!! Bleach has something against black characters lol. That tousen **** was disgusting

Waves i think you're seeing it wrong with aizen. He was powerful but not op.
He was skilfully crafty and his swotd helped it even more. Pre HM.
Everything worked in his favor because no one saw it coming.
The ones that did (vizards) he worked to get them out.

We never got a true aizen story but its fair to assumr he def had a chance to be commander. I actually sort of compare him and shun suis shikai just aizen is more smart.

Aizen was def OP. It wasn't enough that he was ridiculously strong with crazy high reiatsu, he was also super smart and had a broken shikai.

A complete illusion that affects all your senses? His shikai had strength a bankai should have. His shikai was better than Tousen's bankai.

I honestly loved the vizard arc, def one of the most lit things in bleach. But nah bro he was def OP. He was pretty much 1 shotting everyone

As we learned later you could basically keep training your sword to be better he was obviously already a genius.
Shunsui practically had 2 shikais.

I dont think aizen wpuld beat shunsui. But itd he a good game.

Again idont think he was beating captain shunsui and the sick white hair one at that time of ss arc.

BLEACH DEF HAS SOMETHING AGAINST BLACK CHARACTERS. I REMEMBER THINKING THAT WHEN TOUSEN TURNED INTO THAT BUG.

I THOUGHT THE SAME ABOUT ATTACK ON TITAN AS WELL. I DON'T REMEMBER THERE BEING ANY BLACK CHARACTERS AT ALL :lol:

Lol there are probably less than 5000 black people in japan. So why would there be? Lmao

Yall wilding tho. Yall know ive been talking about Pre HM aizen tho right?? Again. Very powerful but not OP. Def not madara. If we're counting this as pre time skip like naruto. I would say he would be more oorochi. Where only like 3 other ninjas could see him

Back
Top Bottom