The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

So i've watched the first season of Psycho Pass and thought it was 
pimp.gif

But i've looked at the trailers for season two and it looks kinda 
ohwell.gif

especially since Kogami isn't there from what I can see and from what i've heard
Has anyone watched season two of Psycho Pass? is it any good?

Last edited:
They need to add the second season of Pyscho Pass to netflix already. Show was fire. That 2nd theme is prob my fav anime theme ever. Didnt watch the 2nd season yet either. The movie looks dope tho

So i've watched the first season of Psycho Pass and thought it was :pimp:

But i've looked at the trailers for season two and it looks kinda :\  
especially since Kogami isn't there from what I can see and from what i've heard

Has anyone watched season two of Psycho Pass? is it any good?
I enjoyed it. Different tone from the first season but still worth a look. You can watch the movie after if you want your "fix". :lol:

Yeah Psycho Pass gave me a feeling I hadn't felt since the first time I watched Death Note.

That feeling of is _______ going to win/get away with it.
Last episode of Psycho Pass season one had me on the edge of my seat like dis dude Makishima might really do it 
laugh.gif
I enjoyed it. Different tone from the first season but still worth a look. You can watch the movie after if you want your "fix".
laugh.gif
I'll give it a look. And thanks for the "tip" on the reason I should watch the movie 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
They need to add the second season of Pyscho Pass to netflix already. Show was fire. That 2nd theme is prob my fav anime theme ever. Didnt watch the 2nd season yet either. The movie looks dope tho

Season 2 is awful, if you like that much i don't even know if you should do it to yourself :lol:

Don't sleep on Enigmatic Feeling though. I think it's just as good as Out of Control. :pimp:

Last edited:
Well guess im never gon watch season 2 then :lol:
Is an english dub of the movie out yet?
Dude, don't even listen to all this slander. People were just upset that a SECONDARY character was not in the 2nd season. :lol:
I say give it a shot. It's just as dark and gritty as the first season, Kogami or not.
Don't get me wrong though, Kogami was my favorite character in season 1 too, but at the end of the day the show wasn't about him. it was about Akane going up against the Sybil System. Season 2 goes further into that, which is great. And if you must know, Kogami does make an "appearance" of sorts in season 2. :lol:

As for the movie, it does take place after season 2, so if you skip it you'll probably be lost. :lol:
And the subs for it are pretty good, at least the one's i saw it with.

that almost makes me interested to watch psycho pass,

but yall give it so much mixed reviews, I dont know if i should give it the time.

I watched the first episode of season 2 of psycho pass a while ago and was confused. I'll try again when I have time. Need to watch season 2 of tokyo ghoul too.

I have to agree that season 2 of psycho pass was just awful. The premise was always flimsy but season 1 seemed to be on. Season 2 is just... none of the characters do anything that makes sense. The story is worse than season 1, Akane is a terrible main character. The 1 bright spot from season 1 isn't in it

that almost makes me interested to watch psycho pass,

but yall give it so much mixed reviews, I dont know if i should give it the time.
I think the consensus is that season 1 is a must watch but opinions differ on season two and you really gotta watch it for yourself to see how you feel about it.

So yeah at some point im gonna give season 2 a chance.
Dude, don't even listen to all this slander. People were just upset that a SECONDARY character was not in the 2nd season.
laugh.gif

I say give it a shot. It's just as dark and gritty as the first season, Kogami or not.
Don't get me wrong though, Kogami was my favorite character in season 1 too, but at the end of the day the show wasn't about him. it was about Akane going up against the Sybil System. Season 2 goes further into that, which is great. And if you must know, Kogami does make an "appearance" of sorts in season 2.
laugh.gif
As for the movie, it does take place after season 2, so if you skip it you'll probably be lost.
laugh.gif

And the subs for it are pretty good, at least the one's i saw it with.
He was the main character to me dammit 
laugh.gif

Seriously though I know the main was Akane. And the Sybil system had me heated many times
laugh.gif
mean.gif
, it was like watching my worst nightmare of what a society can become when it goes way to far in one direction 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ha. Damn.

It's seriously one of the most head-scratching second seasons in recent memory :lol:

The way the first season ended made it seem like they were going to break away from the manga and take things into a while different direction, but they just ended up following the overall sequence of events from the manga while butchering... pretty much everything.

I still say that the only logical explanation was that they knew from the jump that they had 24 guaranteed episodes to play with and decided to try to squeeze the entire series into those confines.

I don't know if you read manga, but if you do; start from the beginning again and finish the story that way.

Seriously though I know the main was Akane. And the Sybil system had me heated many times :lol: :smh: , it was like watching my worst nightmare of what a society can become when it goes way to far in one direction :lol:
So what you're saying is that we need to stop the group One Direction in order to prevent the Sybil System from being made. Got it. :lol:
But seriously though, it's the theme of the dystopian, orwellian-esque future that got me interested in it. An extremely lawful world run by extreme lawbreakers and an broken system. :lol:

So what you're saying is that we need to stop the group One Direction in order to prevent the Sybil System from being made. Got it.
laugh.gif

But seriously though, it's the theme of the dystopian, orwellian-esque future that got me interested in it. An extremely lawful world run by extreme lawbreakers and an broken system.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh yeah thats what got me in too. The idea of a world like that scares me more than anything 
laugh.gif

Your entire life being decided before you where born to be a worker ant or a slave essentially and the fact that no one saw a problem with that. Its like the Sybil system wasn't really checking to see if you had potential to be a criminal it was really just forcing people to be happy even if they weren't you either pretend or get  "corrected" or your life taken away, no one could think for themselves
sick.gif

By the time the show was ending I found myself saying "Makishima is a murderous scumbag but....I hope he can bring this **** down and Kogami gets his revenge" 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom