The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

as much as I hate to admit it, I would rather have something like Fairy Tail where friendship is the key to winning.

Actually friendship is one of the main themes of the manga and the reason the main characters win against these opponents. Toriko/Komatsu's bromance and they way they persevere in life and death situations is borderline ayo. Check it out before casting any hasty judgements

And Fairy Tail is trash

Last edited:
If that is the case though I probably wouldn't be that interested.
that's DC comics type stuff to me then.

as much as I hate to admit it, I would rather have something like Fairy Tail where friendship is the key to winning.
compared to dudes skipping mountains on he river because it's fun and he's bored.

Them levels are ridic.

I'm sure it's probably different and better than the sentence I just said.
but that doesn't paint a very interesting picture for me to get into honestly.
Like I mentioned in my post Toriko does a good job early on of establishing what the future levels of the series will be so it seems natural rather than coming out of nowhere. It's a good series, worth checking out, do not watch the anime tho, the anime is trash. Toriko is way better than Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail hovers around trash levels consistently. 

I'm hoping vagabond comes back soon tho, the hiatus keeps getting extended.

since naruto: the last is out in japan I read a review saying that it focuses heavily on hinatas and narutos relationships and how they basically got together.

cant wait for an eng. sub to come out 
embarassed.gif

pimp.gif

From that, toriko sound like a bunch of overpowered characters
sick.gif
My dude we both just explained how the manga works with power levels and battles. It's not just a bunch of DC comics characters hitting each other with mountains

And ****** be doing the same **** in One Piece
sick.gif

Characters in Toriko are wild overpowered, but since everyone is like that it's balanced. It's not like its a couple overpowered dudes running around stomping everyone. It handles power levels better than DBZ, which did have outlandish powers but only doled them out to a few people ruining the series balance. 

@MrWavez  If you want another series to read, you should pick up Vagabond, since you like swordsmen. It's also a historical fiction so it's pretty based in reality. 

Question to you guys though, where do you think Enel ranks against the Pirates and Marines? Also, Smoker and Crocodile? Luffy beat crocodile and Enel pretty early compared to fighting against everyone in Marineford. Are they weaker by default?

Enel probably has the dopest fruit power aside from Ace and Akainu to me.

I would like to see him vs one of the 3 Admirals or even Crocodile, even though I think Croc would get bodied.

You think Smoker could take him?

EDIT: whoops

And please don't sleep on Toriko people, its an improvement over DBZ.
If you read Bleach you should have no ill words towards Toriko.

Last edited:
Oda (The Author), confirmed that if Enel were actually a wanted pirate, he might have a bounty that could possibly be as high as Beli 500,000,000 (which means he could have the third highest known bounty in the series, after the bounty of Portgas D. Ace, Beli 550,000,000, and the bounty of [censored cause you haven't seen this character yet Prime :tongue:] at over Beli 500,000,000)

And please don't sleep on Toriko people, its an improvement over DBZ.
If you read Bleach you should have no ill words towards Toriko.

someone mentioned the Beli thing earlier

and Bleach is no longer in my radar

(sorry Mugen)

Man I wanna get into it, I'm just not feeling that medieval lookin **** :lol:

Hows the plot?

Excellent, good worldbuilding and an expanding cast of interesting characters. Its also more middle eastern, being an Arabian Nights type thing.

Magi has very quickly risen to be one of my favorite series out right now. :pimp:
You watching the anime or reading the manga? I like it as well, but started I fell back on reading when it went into a giant flashback arc, which apparently ended up having to be rushed because of blow back. I'll probably pick it back up again during break.

Toriko is cool. I'm not a fan of Komatsu, but other than that it's a really good series. I like that it did a good job establishing the scale of powers early on so that now when you see people who are wild strong it doesn't feel out of nowhere or outlandish. I need to restart the gourmet world arc to tho cause I haven't been reading as closely as I normally do.

One of my favorite series currently is shokugeki no soma and it's getting an anime next year. I'm ready for exams to end, so I can get into my backlog of series. 

Just finished the anime and i'm moving into the manga now, where the anime left off. There's been no extended flashback in the anime, so that must be something coming up in the manga.

Toriko's that food series right? :smh: Watched a few episodes of it at a get together a few years back, looked weird as hell and I wasn't feeling it at all.

I'm catching up on the manga for Magi and One Piece within the next few days, then i'm gonna start watching Gundam Build Fighters, along with Log Horizon.

Excellent, good worldbuilding and an expanding cast of interesting characters. Its also more middle eastern, being an Arabian Nights type thing.
Just finished the anime and i'm moving into the manga now, where the anime left off. There's been no extended flashback in the anime, so that must be something coming up in the manga.

Toriko's that food series right?
mean.gif
Watched a few episodes of it at a get together a few years back, looked weird as hell and I wasn't feeling it at all.

I'm catching up on the manga for Magi and One Piece within the next few days, then i'm gonna start watching Gundam Build Fighters, along with Log Horizon.
I haven't seen the magi anime except for some of season 1. I did read the manga tho until I stopped for a bit. I think I stopped 1 because of the full flashback arc and 2 I think I started getting tired of Alibaba or something and I had marathoned a couple hundred chapters of it and needed a break.

If you're gonna get into Toriko avoid the anime. The anime was so garbage it got canceled while the manga's been going strong, so you have to go the manga route for that series. I gotta start season 2 of Log Horizon.

Tbh I want a new anime to watch. Don't really feel like reading, would ration enjoy the motion pictures in color lol

Tbh I want a new anime to watch. Don't really feel like reading, would ration enjoy the motion pictures in color lol

2 seasons of Magi are on Netflix and Hulu, which take you more than halfway through the manga at the moment. Check it out man, it's been a while since I enjoyed a series this much.

Bleach.
As with Naruto I have been through a lot of years with you.

I have sat through your meritocracy after the Soul Society arc with hope that you would once be that epic again.
but for years you have disappointed me.

Today. I Tdogg2k8
Will no longer be trapped in your feeble attempts to make any sense at all or for me to have a false sense of enjoyment ever again with you.

I hereby declare. I am officially done with Bleach

Effective Immediately.

You have been a tremendous waste of time ever sense ULQ death and even during that you were still a waste.

Thank you for your time, I loved Bleach Blade Battlers on PS2. That game was sick!
I am one of your only fans who enjoyed the Bounto arc on the anime as well.

But I can no longer rock with you. Maybe one day in the future when you're finally over I will read the last chapter just to see the story that I already know is going to happen.

but we are done officially now.

Thank You

Sincerely,

Tdogg2k8

^^^Bleach right now is the dopest it's been simce Yamamoto; no idea what you're talking about

Also dudes wanna complain that Toriko had OP characters but ****** in One Pice just sent flying a million tons this week :lol:

I stopped with Bleach after Aizen, and haven't regretted it for a minute, based on the reactions of several of my friends to new events.

Toriko's that food series right? :smh: Watched a few episodes of it at a get together a few years back, looked weird as hell and I wasn't feeling it at all.

Dude already said a couple posts ago to avoid the anime

"a few years back."

Last edited:
"a few years back."

And I'm trying to explain to you why you weren't feeling the anime :x

Also, this week's chapter :pimp:

I'm tryna tell yall the worldbuilding is One Piece level in this manga, and the fights are superior to One Piece because they involve strategy and you actually see how the characters train to get so powerful

toriko-5363369.jpg

Training arcs superior to Bleach and Naruto

Character development better than One Piece

Worldbuilding better than One Piece

Delivery of hype better than Bleach and Naruto,

Fights better than Bleach, Naruto AND One Piece

Seriously a slept on great :pimp:

Last edited:
"a few years back."

And I'm trying to explain to you why you weren't feeling the anime :x

But he literally quoted my post hours ago and explained already :nerd: :tongue: So thanks I suppose, but he already took care of it.

How would you rate Toriko though, out of 10, 10 being the highest?

Sounds like you consider it to be better than the current big 3, if not just as good.

Last edited:
Toriko is a 9 out of 10 and better than Bleach's best arcs for sure. I have a Naruto bias but I gotta say that Toriko's best arcs **** on the 4th World War.

And I consider it on par with One Piece as far as sheer uniqueness and worldbuilding goes

Why do you think they made that Toriko DbZ One Piece crossover? They're considered equal series in Japan :pimp:

And as far as the anime goes, Toei really did a number on a fantastic manga. I watched half an episode and was like wtf is this :x

Last edited:
Sounds good then, i'll check it out after I finally watch Log Horizon, which i've heard great things about. I'm a fan of Sword Art Online, and i've been told Log Horizon's even better than that, so I don't expect to be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom