The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Yeah the music isn't as good but it's still cool af cuz of the scenes :lol:

They need to mess with Yui. She's a beast.

Last edited:
Make sure you're watching brotherhood and not the original fma series
This is key. The original series has no real conclusion whatsoever, unless you count that garbage movie they had. Brotherhood's directly adapted from the manga and the storyline's much more coherent.

watched SAO on toonami the last few weeks. Think I'm going to watch it all at some point this week. I'm finally going to watch Cowboy Bebop all the way through too.

Still trying to get a feel on Space Dandy...

This is key. The original series has no real conclusion whatsoever, unless you count that garbage movie they had. Brotherhood's directly adapted from the manga and the storyline's much more coherent.
lasted 2 minutes.  It's just not for me.  Enjoy doing your thing guys

Read The Breaker and finally caught up on The Breaker: New Waves. TB:NW started slow, but once it picked up it's really good.

I'm slowly getting through my huge list of stuff to read, but I haven't gotten far in my list of stuff to watch.

9 episodes into SAO. NT been on point with the recommendations lately :pimp:

sooooo i just saw Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro last night and really liked it...
not really into anime but my friend suggested spirited away and said i wouldnt regret it.
watched the totoro movie just cause i kept wondering what that thing was :lol:

can anybody commend some good Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli movies :nerd:

sooooo i just saw Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro last night and really liked it...
not really into anime but my friend suggested spirited away and said i wouldnt regret it.
watched the totoro movie just cause i kept wondering what that thing was
laugh.gif

can anybody commend some good Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli movies
nerd.gif
Can't go wrong with any of his movies.

Porco Rosso, Caste in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, etc. Each is worthy of being watched many times.

Personally i'm finally watching Deadman Wonderland.

Last edited:

Read The Breaker and finally caught up on The Breaker: New Waves. TB:NW started slow, but once it picked up it's really good.

I'm slowly getting through my huge list of stuff to read, but I haven't gotten far in my list of stuff to watch.
I think PLAN's been recommending the Breaker in here.  What's it about?

I think PLAN's been recommending the Breaker in here.  What's it about?
Part one The Breaker is like 72 chapters. It sets the scene and introduces the Nine Arts Dragon, who is the most powerful martial artist, and it explain why he wants to destroy the martial arts alliance. It also has him accepting a student. TB:NW is part 2, which follows immediately after part 1. The student becomes the main character now since the Nine Arts Dragon left Korea and no one knows if and when he's coming back. It deals with the aftermath of the Nine Arts Dragons actions against the Martial Arts Alliance on the world. The barrier between the martial arts world and normal world is starting to come down and it's causing chaos. The focus in part 2 is on his student and him having difficulty trying to continue martial arts with his master gone. 

That's a rough explanation. I tried to make it vague, so there would be no spoilers, but still get the essence of the story. It story feels wordy at times, but that might have been because I had just caught up on Noblesse and the author of that has a unique writing style that limits wordy chapters. The Breaker and TB:NW are slow at points, but once they pick up they're solid. 

watched the totoro movie just cause i kept wondering what that thing was :lol:

can anybody commend some good Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli movies :nerd:

Princess Mononoke by far my favorite, but all of them are cgood. So you cant really go wrong with any of them.

watched the whole damb SAO in less than a day 
mean.gif

pretty good anime, some slow portions in the middle. overall it was very enjoyable. kirito did work against the salamander general in ALO 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Next up I gotta find time to marathon Cowboy Bebop finally

Naruto 
So why did Kakashi kill Rin? to prevent the hidden mist from getting intel or something? 

I can understand not liking the ending,...but terrible?

iiyYFjIo3qWt6.gif
Yeah the mystery aspect of the him tricking everyone was cool but still the whole thing was just trying its best to move the story along by being dark and edgy. It got boring after the time skip.

Man I musta really fell off naruto :lol: I was wondering why Kakashi did that as well and I still don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom