The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

[COLOR=#red]Sakura Trick[/COLOR] Episode 1

I don't know how to feel about this, I enjoyed it, it was entertaining, but it just didn't feel right.

Nothing against yuri, I do enjoy yuri comedy like, I loved YuruYuri, but this is just, I don't know.

Will give the 3 episode rule before I pass final judgement.

[COLOR=#red]Sakura Trick[/COLOR] Episode 1

I don't know how to feel about this, I enjoyed it, it was entertaining, but it just didn't feel right.

Nothing against yuri, I do enjoy yuri comedy like, I loved YuruYuri, but this is just, I don't know.

Will give the 3 episode rule before I pass final judgement.
Just about sums up how I felt. :lol:

Kinda late but Eyeshield 21 was the first manga I read. Always wanted to check out other sport mangas just because of it. Need to get on that soon.

Kinda late but Eyeshield 21 was the first manga I read. Always wanted to check out other sport mangas just because of it. Need to get on that soon.
I highly recommend Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo. Rookies is another good one. The tough series is also cool.

I'm reading this one right now called King Golf. The mangaka actually found a way to make golf interesting and it's quite funny.

Kill la kill
Wow. Really didn't see that coming! Now I think nui is gonna focus on satsuki to make her suit consume her. Satsukis my fav character I hope after her mom and nui messes with her she has a change of heart and becomes a good guy? And what are the chances she gives ryuko one of her kamuis?

didn't see that coming with Kill la Kill

i love how it's kind of turning serious now. but still has that comedy

What's a good anime to watch? I just finished getting over my emotions in kyoukai no kanata, I wanna get in to something more action inspired.
If you have not seen Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, watch that FIRST.
I've seen this 5 times. 
It's the best anime that I've seen.
After you're done, check out death note(actiony), hajime no ippo(most action), claymore, and darker than black.

Agreed, if you're in this thread and haven't seen FMA:Brotherhood, you need to drop everything and watch it asap. Absolute favorite anime of all time for me.

Nisekoi Ep 1
Thoroughly enjoyed this episode and will be following this series to the end. SHAFT did work on this :pimp:

The OP is goddamn catchy too :lol:

I highly recommend Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo. Rookies is another good one. The tough series is also cool.
I'm reading this one right now called King Golf. The mangaka actually found a way to make golf interesting and it's quite funny.

denzelmyman.gif :smokin
Can't go wrong with Slam Dunk, if you find a decent site that has it in high quality you should watch it too.
Hajime no Ippo is too dope.

Also reading King Golf too, caught up with it instantly and now I'm letting some chapters go by before I read it again. Glad the translator is doing a quick job of the chapters too.

As for other sports mangas, I'd also recommend Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru and a boxing manwha that I'm currently reading is Green Boy.

And if you're into some gory martial arts manga, I'd recommend Shamo. It's not too overly gory but the story is definitely anti-hero if you want to take a break from the normal good guy protagonist mangas.

And kind of veering off from sports mangas and heading towards fighting mangas now. Worst and The Crows mangas are definitely a good read. Both by the same author and in the same "universe". Crows is set first than Worst if you want to check it out.

Reactions: TXZ
Anyone else watch Magi ? The 2nd seasons been solid so far, just as good as the first; with the potential to be better.

which animes do you think are as good or better than fmab?
fmab is #1 on MAL so, it's not a bold statement.
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Neon Genesis Evangelion
And I'll throw Death Note in there for kicks.
FMAB is great don't get me wrong just feel the anime got rushed at some point.(64 episodes)

Last edited:
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Neon Genesis Evangelion
And I'll throw Death Note in there for kicks.
FMAB is great don't get me wrong just feel the anime got rushed at some point.(64 episodes)
Just entering the conversation, but I agree with all the above, and there are a few others i'd add as well.

In terms of FMAB being rushed I never had that feeling and felt it told a full and complete story. (To each his own of course.) The first FMA anime series now is another thing entirely. I thought that one was clearly rushed, made up on the spot, and just plain terrible.

Caught up on Noblesse and God of High School. I really like both. 

My biggest issue with Noblesse is that part way through it seems like the author delayed his plans for the group of high schoolers, so they've been relegated to background characters that can be used to quickly create tension. Also until this point the MC has seemed invincible, but that's about to change soon. 

God of High School is cool since it's straight up fighting. The 1st part is a tournament then as it tourney starts to near the end the plot expands.  

Back
Top Bottom