The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I enjoyed Michiko to Hatchin. Watanabe did a great job with the music the show feels like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo the way the music was used.

Anyone read/watch Btooom? Started it last night and finally caught up to the latest chapter and was hooked after first chapter. Lol.

Just marathoned the new hunter x hunter anime :wow:

I dunno if I should jump into the manga. A Song of Ice and Fire will be done before this manga.

Has the naruto anime gotter actionier? I haven't watched an episode since ep. 268.

Anyone read/watch Btooom? Started it last night and finally caught up to the latest chapter and was hooked after first chapter. Lol.
I like BTOOOM!. Good series. :smokin

On another note, stuff is getting real cereal in Robotics;Notes.

One is a fan favorite and the other one's story is just starting to develop. I can see both of them not dying but it's Bleach so who knows

Anyone who wants a good action anime or who likes Naruto should check out Hajime No Ippo.

It's one of the best animes that I've seen.

This is probably my 3rd time recommending this anime in this thread.
laugh.gif

as much as i love Rurouni Kenshin, this retelling of the kyoto arc is a disappointment

visually, its stunning. the action is a lot more fast paced, and usually thats a positive in modern anime, but not in this one.

this version fails to capture the strong points of the what makes this series so great.

they basically cut off the martial arts aspect of rurouni kenshin. kenjutsu is nonexistent. hiten mitsurugi ryu is nowhere to be found.

hiko seijuro's character was there so kenshin can finish his training. if they wanted to get rid off the intricacies of that, then having hiko is pointless.

saitoh's fight scene vs. *****io was the only entertaining part that was the closest to capture watsuki's original work.

kenshin's fight against *****io was comical to say the least... *****io's head splitting with open then hes tries to put it back together with his own hands? really? :smh: :lol:

what's even more embarrassing was how shin kyoto hen is supposed to be from misao perspective... aoshi lasted less than a minute in the whole anime. his fight took even less than that, 5 seconds.

horrible writing.

well at least this wasnt as bad as seisohen.

good thing the live action movie is good.

anyone who hasnt watched rurouni kenshin at all. read the manga. watch the anime tv series and tsuiokuhen.

whoever is in charge of this series need to faithfully animate the jinhcu arc. that's what we really want.

Based on your review, it seems that this is going to be a letdown. Was initially excited, I thought it was a new arc or something. Anyways, thanks for the review man and thanks for the link 2sappy.

Dunno if the thread covers live-action dramas as well, and it's kinda late but I just finished the 2012 version of the GTO drama. I actually just found out last week that there was a new version. Only one I knew about before as Soramichi's version back in '98.

Back
Top Bottom