The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Ngl I ended up caring so much more about every other character in Tokyo Revengers except for Takemitchi :lol: like he aight but imagine if the show was just following Mikey and them dudes.

I still enjoy it out overall tho

I gotta get back into it. I was watching the dub a few months ago and the dubs weren’t caught up. Feels like a binge type show and I just don’t care about going back to it.

I’m watching the ousama ranking dub right now and I can’t stand the weekly waits for these shows.

I gotta get back into it. I was watching the dub a few months ago and the dubs weren’t caught up. Feels like a binge type show and I just don’t care about going back to it.

I’m watching the ousama ranking dub right now and I can’t stand the weekly waits for these shows.
To each their own but I have no idea how anyone can stand even a 'good' dub

That's why I avoid the anime section on hbo max, most are dubbed for some reason. The crunchyroll app for fire tv might be the worst app ever.

Ive actually moved over to subs. Mainly cause shows with subs always finish first and I’m tired of waiting for the dubs.

Some dubs are good though. It’s just not Being able to watch the new seasons cause it’s only subs first lol

Didn't read the Mangas but watched the worst films on Netflix. **** was like big *** music videos with dialouge in between fights

I had to stop watching Mushoku Tensei. Too many pervy moments of a guy in a kid's body drooling over some teenager he's training. It got too weird for me. Anyways, watching the The Promised Neverland with my girl, but I definitely want another show to hold me over when she's not around.

I had to stop watching Mushoku Tensei. Too many pervy moments of a guy in a kid's body drooling over some teenager he's training. It got too weird for me. Anyways, watching the The Promised Neverland with my girl, but I definitely want another show to hold me over when she's not around.
PNL is cool but season 2 is Garbo. Read the manga

Ngl I ended up caring so much more about every other character in Tokyo Revengers except for Takemitchi :lol: like he aight but imagine if the show was just following Mikey and them dudes.

I still enjoy it out overall tho
I strongly recommend reading Crows or Worst or even QP. Follows the whole middle school to high school delinquents and rival gangs way better. No sci-fi angle of time travel involved. Just the strongest bad kids around fighting to be the best.

And I fully agree, care less and less about the whining Takebitchi even when he steps up. Dude is just a walking plot device just to show us the changes in the present, watch some friend die, and have some teenage romance scenes in the past every now and then.

I'm doing my best not to read the manga despite knowing some things already.

As far as where this goes I'm only left with thinking at some point Takebitchi is going to have to spend much longer in the past to make changes. He also really is going to have to change himself as a person. Probably still wont be a good enough fighter but has to think more strategically. It'll take him some time but eventually he has to think of killing Kisaki at some point.

Like he's a character that's worth turning a bit darker. No way he leads Toman without doing it.

One thing I don't get or agree with is how much dub gets bashed.

Sub is better but its only after you get use to listening to japanese you don't understand and reading captions.

End of the day its just voice acting. Really depends on the studio and who is hired. I never had a problem with the voice acting, they tend to hit appropriately or do better to match the scenes and moments.

Like I watch Dragonball in dub. Its what i grew up on. I'll never watch it in sub. Waste of time when I'm so use to mose of the VAs of the show (even after some have changed).

Pretty much would say the same for all of the anime I watched in the 90s and the ones that ended up on Toonami. Majority of the iconic and old classics only get watched in dub; Gundam, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, etc.

The problem with dub today is a lot of the new VAs aren't good and any of the decent ones get reused for all of the popular manga.

Didn't read the Mangas but watched the worst films on Netflix. **** was like big *** music videos with dialouge in between fights
Sounds like trash.

No singing in the mangas.

Last edited:
One thing I don't get or agree with is how much dub gets bashed.

Sub is better but its only after you get use to listening to japanese you don't understand and reading captions.

End of the day its just voice acting. Really depends on the studio and who is hired. I never had a problem with the voice acting, they tend to hit appropriately or do better to match the scenes and moments.

Like I watch Dragonball in dub. Its what i grew up on. I'll never watch it in sub. Waste of time when I'm so use to mose of the VAs of the show (even after some have changed).

Pretty much would say the same for all of the anime I watched in the 90s and the ones that ended up on Toonami. Majority of the iconic and old classics only get watched in dub; Gundam, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, etc.
Couldn't agree more.
Classics I grew up on I only watch the dub. Some I haven't even heard a second of the original Japanese. Just realizing I have no clue what the Japanese voice of Vash The Stampede sounds like. :lol:
Going through something similar now with One Piece. Started watching on Netflix where they only have the dub(pretty sure...) got through Alabasta and continued on Hulu which had both dub and sub up until ep 150ish and from then on they only have sub. By then I was use to the voice acting in the English dub and I thought it was good so instead of continuing with sub on hulu I stuck with the dub and I'm watching it online on some site.

Couldn't agree more.
Classics I grew up on I only watch the dub. Some I haven't even heard a second of the original Japanese. Just realizing I have no clue what the Japanese voice of Vash The Stampede sounds like. :lol:
Going through something similar now with One Piece. Started watching on Netflix where they only have the dub(pretty sure...) got through Alabasta and continued on Hulu which had both dub and sub up until ep 150ish and from then on they only have sub. By then I was use to the voice acting in the English dub and I thought it was good so instead of continuing with sub on hulu I stuck with the dub and I'm watching it online on some site.
Yeah for me I would say its around the mid 2000s and later where sub became more of a go to for me. By then it was more accessible online.

Plus this is when I discovered exactly how much filler I wasted time on. I had started reading the manga for OP before watching any of the anime. It was mostly Bleach and Naruto I saw the anime, skipped filler, and started watching sub. Once you get use to it in watching One Piece sub weekly, catching not just the plot but all the jokes and nuances.

There are still anime I will watch the dub. I'm not pressed so like Re: Zero I was fine with the sun even with some of the more annoying female voices. At this point it depends how eager I am to keep up with the story. Cuz in that same vein if its really good I'll ditch the anime and go (back) to the manga.

Last edited:
I try and watch my anime in Dub.
Especially, after work. My eyes get tired reading.
But unless I really want to watch a series that has no dub I have no problem reading. Like One Punch was available only sub for the longest. Watched it and I can’t do that on dub now.

Any manga you recommend for first time readers? Master Zik Master Zik
Completed manga:

Parasyte
Death Note
Hellsing
Holyland (better version of Hajime no Ippo)
D. Gray-Man
Full-Metal Alchemist

If you want a taste of the typical shonen manga I'd read one of Mashima's work; Rave Master or Fairy Tail

Ongoing manga:

One Piece
OnePunch-Man
My Hero Academia
The Ravages of Time
Vinland Saga

Probably gotta a double check but sorry if all of these are super long manga. I can't off the top of my head think of many short read mangas.

Cartoons I can deal with. Movies on the other hand. Has to be sub.
No argument here.

I don't know how so many of y'all can watch the more popular stuff on Netflix that is popular.

The main thing that irks me is I can read human lips so the dub is ALWAYS off. Animated does it in a way you can't track the difference between "I get it." and "Sokka."

Completed manga:

Parasyte
Death Note
Hellsing
Holyland (better version of Hajime no Ippo)
D. Gray-Man
Full-Metal Alchemist

If you want a taste of the typical shonen manga I'd read one of Mashima's work; Rave Master or Fairy Tail

Ongoing manga:

One Piece
OnePunch-Man
My Hero Academia
The Ravages of Time
Vinland Saga

Probably gotta a double check but sorry if all of these are super long manga. I can't off the top of my head think of many short read mangas.
Tower of God

Back
Top Bottom