THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

These were delivered on Saturday and waiting for me outside of my door until today (thanks to Winter Storm Diego, I was stuck down in Southern Virginia longer than planned SMH).

I knew when I first saw these that I wanted them and that was before I saw that they were reflective. I called NDC the morning these dropped on their site and they hooked me up with 25% off, which made the purchase that much better.

As soon as I got back home today I had to take a picture of these. I did not even wait to go up the stairs to open the box! LOL

BQ6521-001

View attachment 2226908 View attachment 2226909
Nice

So, what is the preference and why, when it comes to piping?

I always preferred piping because it kept the tongue down and flat. My only issue with the atmos elephant was that the ttongue was so puffy and stuck out so much...
Really just personal preference. I prefer a wider tongue that lays flat. Parras have a good tongue. Mica Greens too. Og red HOA have an amazing tongue. Probably the best I've seen. The skinny puffy one with no piping don't do it for me. All of the womens pairs have the skinny puffy no piping tongue.

These were delivered on Saturday and waiting for me outside of my door until today (thanks to Winter Storm Diego, I was stuck down in Southern Virginia longer than planned SMH).

I knew when I first saw these that I wanted them and that was before I saw that they were reflective. I called NDC the morning these dropped on their site and they hooked me up with 25% off, which made the purchase that much better.

As soon as I got back home today I had to take a picture of these. I did not even wait to go up the stairs to open the box! LOL

BQ6521-001

dblplay1212 dblplay1212

Mica greens finally in from SNS BLK Friday Sale. Dope sneakers and can’t beat the price!!
778EFFAF-3944-46DC-BA2A-80253B100517.jpeg

Attachments

• 62839755-712E-413F-A448-B06B6CDC5AC6.jpeg
    62839755-712E-413F-A448-B06B6CDC5AC6.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 11
These are actually a part of a pack called the Stargazer Pack and it includes these, an AM270, an AM97 and an AM95. All of them have a faint Safari-like print that really shows when reflected, but the AM1 is (of course) the best out of the pack.
Yea I think I like the 95s the best

BQ6521-001

How u get the 25 off?

Really just personal preference. I prefer a wider tongue that lays flat. Parras have a good tongue. Mica Greens too. Og red HOA have an amazing tongue. Probably the best I've seen. The skinny puffy one with no piping don't do it for me. All of the womens pairs have the skinny puffy no piping tongue.
oh ok. i just prefer it to lay straight and not be all puffy and stick out. i also hate when the tongue slumps to the side. drives me nuts.

oh ok. i just prefer it to lay straight and not be all puffy and stick out. i also hate when the tongue slumps to the side. drives me nuts.
Yep, they slump one way or the other a lot. A wider tongue allows for that while your foot is still covered. When I do my Bespoke, I'll 100% get an HOA tongue.

Yep, they slump one way or the other a lot. A wider tongue allows for that while your foot is still covered. When I do my Bespoke, I'll 100% get an HOA tongue.
bespokes will come with the flat tongue even if its not piped. i never noticed the difference in width in the tongue. i am gonna look at a few pairs tonight

1BFEF94F-B6B8-414F-B222-49EC7B39746B.jpeg

Sns pairs finally came in after a few weeks!! Really liking the color way on these and the shape is fantastic! Was slightly surprised by the blueish tint of the tongue and mesh but I dig it! Oh. Im not sure how many of you also like Adidas here but these Spezials are so vintage feeling it hurts! Haha. Definitely recommend them too.

So this is my first non piped tongue shoe and I have to agree with you. It’s not preferred at all
It's not the non-piped that bothers me so much, it's the width. It's skinny and thicker. I could live with no piping if the tongue was still wide.

1BFEF94F-B6B8-414F-B222-49EC7B39746B.jpeg

Sns pairs finally came in after a few weeks!! Really liking the color way on these and the shape is fantastic! Was slightly surprised by the blueish tint of the tongue and mesh but I dig it! Oh. Im not sure how many of you also like Adidas here but these Spezials are so vintage feeling it hurts! Haha. Definitely recommend them too.
See that Mica Green tongue is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 what are some good example pairs of the different tongue types?
Not home but I'll take some pics tonight. You're going to have me breaking out a ruler. :lol:

Mica green - great
Size Safari - skinny and thick
Women's everything - skinny and thick
Parra's - great, but honest I would say a tick less wide then Micas but that's just a guess. I'll check tonight.
Anny pairs - Same as Parras
Patta Purple and Patta Purple - widest tongues ever

I'm really going to measure and take pics of some tonight. idk why but I love this discussion lol

Back
Top Bottom