THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I am overall very happy! I've always been a believer in wearing your kicks. I do understand that some are pieces of history and shouldnt be worn. (If I ever got an OG pair from 87 I would just keep them in a glass case or something haha)

But I'm happy these classics are wearable again! 

Dude that did it was Roel over at Sneakerfix (I believe he is changing the name of his brand so his website is currently down) 
 @Mrphist  They look great to me! There is only so much that could have been done with that blue pair but definitely look better. Do you mind giving us a quick breakdown of the process and turn around time? Looking to get an AM90 sole swapped onto my beat down Atmos elephants and options for people to do it are slim to none. Thanks!

Last edited:
@Mrphist: To me they also look pretty nice. Especially a wearable dirty denim is a level I had 10 years ago! All before I started the game! Great to see beaters like this at NT! Happy for u but also jealous at the same time [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Can anyone tell me off the below if they look legit as seller has offered them for well under retail. Am1 CX

Dudes must expect miracles if they think those restore jobs came out "snotty" or whatever they're trying to say.

homie had some unwearable kicks that he can now rock worry free. I'd say they came out pretty great in that regard
Smh people always hating on here. I think they look great and I'd be happy to have all 3, especially that 97 leather. Awesome pair!
Preciate it fellas! 

@Mrphist  They look great to me! There is only so much that could have been done with that blue pair but definitely look better. Do you mind giving us a quick breakdown of the process and turn around time? Looking to get an AM90 sole swapped onto my beat down Atmos elephants and options for people to do it are slim to none. Thanks!
Definitely! 

So Process wasn't terribly long. The hardest part for me was finding cheap donors, but once you do that I went to his website (Which sadly is down because of the rebrand) however you can probably contact him via IG @sneakerrestore.nl (EDIT)

Roel is a great dude! His full time job is repairing sneakers (Mostly Air Maxes) so he knows his stuff. 

So I filled out a form that explained what I wanted, 2 sole swaps (80 Euro Each) and a quick touch up on the blues.

And I shipped all the shoes in a pretty big box. At this time all I paid for was shipping.

Roel kept in contact throughout the entire process, my sneakers took about a week to get there and he messaged me when my sneakers arrived, and while he was working on them.

Also, my donor pair for the Denim's had a gum bottom and the original navy bottom of the denims was way too worn down. Roel threw in a free DS navy bottom because I was shipping from the USA.

He had quite a bit of orders but it took about 1 week to finish my pairs. After he finished he sent me pictures of the finished product. He sprayed the kicks with protective spray as well.  I paid him for his work, and he went to the post office and sent me a copy of the receipt, then I paid for shipping. 

Because of the holiday's it probably took about 10-12 days to get here. 

So overall about 3 - 4 weeks for me? Rough guess. 

Roel is a great dude and kept in contact the whole time. (Granted, I am friends with him on FB but I'm sure he would email or DM you through IG) 

So overall it was a great experience. Not sure how this was "snotty" in any way. Dudes here are good at pointing fingers but never good at showing solutions.

Hope that helps @Hippohead

Check out his instagram, he has pictures of all his work.  

Last edited:
@Mrphist: To me they also look pretty nice. Especially a wearable dirty denim is a level I had 10 years ago! All before I started the game! Great to see beaters like this at NT! Happy for u but also jealous at the same time [emoji]128521[/emoji]
Haha I appreciate that man! I'm happy I have a wearable pair now! 

I agree as the are dead stock. When I low balled him and he said ok I got a little nervous about them being legit

Either way I smiled all the way through the PayPal checkout. Now to count the moments to see my wife's face when I bring another Nike box home
just hide the kicks in your backpack and put the box in the trunk of your car and sneak it into your home at night
wink.gif

Last edited:
I would just throw them in my closet like i got them a while ago, i gota bunch of stuff i havent worn yet because of this tactic. They end up getting lost for a while, but makes for some nice surprises:D. My other half has kind of accepted my habit, as long as it dont take food off the table or shut off the cable, theres a lot of worse things people couod do with their money and time.

I try telling my wife all those things lol.

she still can't wrap her head around the need for 20+ pairs a yr every yr for the past 15yrs lol.

She's more pissed at how much room they take up and I still have about 30 something pairs I've gotten this year I haven't worn. Plus I told her no more pairs for a while once I got the space jams. Ahh well looks like I'm also grabbing some aunt pearl kd8s and some gumbo league Lebrons so I guess instead I'll keep the momentum going and just watch her roll her eyes

My wife doesnt understand it either, but she accepted it as something i have a passion for. I cop something weekly, if not for me, for the kids, which i have 4 of. I knowit sounds weird that im passionate about shoes, but i am. And i am very very lucky. And very creative when itcomes to packing away kicks.

Back
Top Bottom