THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Sorry, I just realized that my typo made it look like I was being critical of you. What I meant to say was until I have 1k I try not to be to critical.
I second that FrankWh1te

They are so dope. Definitely in my top 3 of all time.
They truly inspire me for my 1st Bespoke

Thanks guys I appreciate the love! I got my second idea already too...just need to sell some pairs to pay for em haha. i still think it would be awesome to all go into 21 Mercer on the same day and just kick it

I got two of my HTMs in today.

Only keeping one.

These are the keepers. I really like how the translucent turned out with the black,
got the lace part to be white by doing that which helps it pop some more I think

Last edited:
What's the material like? Is it that super stiff type hyperfuse? Are the comfortable?

Only keeping one.

These are the keepers. I really like how the translucent turned out with the black,
got the lace part to be white by doing that which helps it pop some more I think

Last edited:

Only keeping one.

very nice indeed

Last edited:

this is my background on my phone.  im sure yall seen it before.  have at it, i can get about 3/4s of them.  
sorry if i was unclear.  i guess what i meant to say is help me identify these.  haha.  

1. triple white (unless otherwise specified)

2. og safari

4. patta green

7. curry

9. milan

13. atmos elephant

14. air max day 

15. patta burgundy

20. triple black (unless otherwise specified)

21 varsity blue

22. sport red

28. forest green

29. amsterdam

30. chili

sorry if i was unclear.  i guess what i meant to say is help me identify these.  haha.  
not much...
3. vachetta tan
6. Beach? (probably not)
8. dark grey essential
10. honeycomb
11. FB yeezy
16. looks like pigeons wmns
18. clot
19. summer pack/sunset pack?
23. flamingo?
27. venom

Last edited:
Special pair also came through in the mail....

I finally have a pair of OG 1988 Air Max 1s :smokin

Will be cleaned slightly and used for display purposes.

Ironically I got them off eBay and the dude lived in my hometown! Literally 5 minutes from my house what're the odds!?

Special pair also came through in the mail....

I finally have a pair of OG 1988 Air Max 1s :smokin

Will be cleaned slightly and used for display purposes.

Ironically I got them off eBay and the dude lived in my hometown! Literally 5 minutes from my house what're the odds!?

You sir...ARE KILLIN' IT!!

Not an AM1 but I went to my local garbage nike outlet and some dude returned the air Max MP ultras in my size. 120 out the door :nthat:

i would deep clean them and swap the midsole and gonna wear them

Thought about it, but I want to keep them OG just to have them. Prob clean them up a tad - they are a US10.5 which is close to my size, funny bc you usually see people with these in like an 8 or 9.

so i found a pair of my favs but previous owner completely screwed them by etching floral print on the mud guard.   after convincing the owner that these were never going to sell because theyre totally ruined, i got them on the low low in hopes i could do something.  this is my first effort in making them better.  adding coats of polish to even out the etching.  we'll see how this works, if not, i plan on sanding it down to the etched layer and bringing back a consistent tone via polish.  i know overall the color integrity of the original is no longer there, but they were ruined from the rip so its whatever.  im just happy to have these back in my life as they were one of the first am1s i owned.  

received condition

right sneaker has one coat of brown polish, the left sneaker is how i received it.  def interesting attempt to be artistic, but not cool in destroying a classic.  

one coat on each.  im actually liking the way this is turning out.  its got a deep rich tone with the polish.  kind of makes it pop.  def moves away from a grunge look, but i dont mind it.  

Last edited:
Thought about it, but I want to keep them OG just to have them. Prob clean them up a tad - they are a US10.5 which is close to my size, funny bc you usually see people with these in like an 8 or 9.

Yeah, I would keep them as they are, or MAYBE a tad bit bit of dust and cleaning. They look super fresh and oozing with nostalgia the way they are.
A great convo piece of Nike AM1 history there, bro.

You did well. Nice piece.

Last edited:
i would strip away all the paint from the messed up right shoe and go for a full repaint

and if the right shoe turns out well i would do the same to the left shoe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom