The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
man about niketowns sending all unclaimed pairs back to nike like i suggested earlier on in the thread. nike should get all the unclaimed pairs and reserve them for the guys that missed out on sneakers. i know they wont be able to fill all reserves but man that would be nice

they always reserving pairs of junk nobody want

or why not do a second draw for everyone that lost instead of a restock?

pretty simple concept to implement, really. They might not be equipped to do that now, but its something they can easily do.

But like someone said, Nike just doesn't care. Why should they. Nothing is really threatening that machine.

the problem with this site is that articulate dudes who know what they're talking about and whose english is above a first grade level (e.g. rolexgmt) are always villainized cause the majority of the community here is so intimidated by dudes like that (i.e. dudes who possess basic reading comprehension and grammar; seriously, how many of y'all know the difference between "your" and "you're"?)

Welcomed thoughts and it's good to see that others value quality communication.

I read a lot of resumes on a daily basis and this country is losing talent and value because of an over-reliance on short-hand and social media language to get their points across.

And the use of "e.g.," didn't go unnoticed, friend. Nice touch.

Last edited:
man about niketowns sending all unclaimed pairs back to nike like i suggested earlier on in the thread. nike should get all the unclaimed pairs and reserve them for the guys that missed out on sneakers. i know they wont be able to fill all reserves but man that would be nice

they always reserving pairs of junk nobody want

or why not do a second draw for everyone that lost instead of a restock?

Really sending them back weak sauce ur right just re run the draw and or if all this stuff is linked to Nike plus randomly make a reservation process based on first click or something.

That way if you do a re draw it won't pick the same dude again who didn't want it the first time.

That's the problem with app draws. Yea it's fair but I think Nike should make people pay up front or some thing like they do with NDC draws.

Dudes entering like 6 accounts with enough money for 1 pair.

At least if an commit was made there be less u claimed and if unclaimed well that's their problem money spent.

I see it as buy online pick up in store a lot of companies use

I.e Home Depot, Best Buy and the sort

What I hate reading is that just cause leather is tumbled it's high quality leather

Like people on this board are geeking like we have never seen tumbled leather
LOL. So true bro.

I have noticed on this forum people often commenting on the quality of leather, when the truth is, sneakers have nearly the lowest grade of leather available. It is nothing like you'd find on a jacket, or a pair of Churchs. 

Never said anything, didn't want to cause a fracas and hurt feelings. 

Please look it up on the internet, don't take my word for it.

I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.

oh boy, the "worried about Nike Air peeling on insole" talk.

What are we preserving?

Its the one thing least noticeable on a shoe. Genuinely curious about the fear of it rubbing off.

I'll buy at retail bc I love shoes, love J's & let's face it we all have our vices :lol: I said it earlier but all the vids hyping quality before these released were ridiculous. Quality just isn't there on this pair idc about tumbled leather.

Last edited:
No chance that too many dudes would eat on a restock. The way resellers came for these it's crazy. If the resellers didn't show up like they did these would have been a normal release honestly. Everyone would have eaten and got their double up

Last edited:
This thread jumped from 717 to 751 got me thinking it was a restock already [emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]

Yes this. And I'm one of the guilty. I bought a pair for retail. I don't intend to purchase any other Jordans, though, until some effort is made with regard to their quality. I was on Jordan hiatus before and they duped me with this "remastered" strategy. It's nothing but more of the same and my hard earned dollars won't be spent on inferior quality any longer. It's ridiculous and I value my money more than that.

I know, the "good, more for me" contingent abounds. Good luck. I'm sure that once you've reached that point when you value your dollars or the interest that you pay on that credit card a little more, the level that Jb takes your patronage for granted will begin to eat at you too.

Probably not at 18, 20, 22 ...

But that time will come. And you'll look back and see the power of your dollar was trivialized and you were prostituted so that some suit could take his family on another vacation to Bora Bora on your dime.

You Done On Your Soapbox Now?

Personally I'm 32 And I'm More Than Happy To Pay The $179 Nike Asks For Me To Relive The Nostalgia Of My Childhood.

I Own Every Pair Of Black/Red AJ1's Released Since 1985 Other Than '94's And "Banneds" And With The Exception Of The Tumbled Leather On These, Am More Than Pleased With My Pairs From This Release. The Quality Has Improved Since Last Release Arguably, Shape Has Moved Closer To The 1994 Form, And Price Hasn't Changed In 3 Years......

In The End, Being A Happy Adult Is About Spending Your Hard Earned Money On What Makes YOU Happy And Not Worrying About How The Next Spends THEIRS :wink:

It's One Thing To Be Unhappy With The Perceived Value You're Getting Out Of These Remastered Releases And To Share Your Opinion My Dude. But Don't Sit Here And Try To Convince Me That I Need To Reevaluate How I Spend MY Money :lol:

And Damn Sure Don't Act Like Somehow Everyone Here Needs To Mature More In Order To Reach This Same Epiphany As You :rolleyes

Buy What You Like Homie, And If The Brand No Longer Satisfies Your a Needs/Wants.....

Keep It Moving

Last edited:
I need to start making friends with the sneaker store people lol! I need a damn plug
Pick a store and frequent it for cops...easy way to start a rapport with staff in there

Also I buy socks, shirts, cleaner or whatever else employees benefit from whenever I'm buying kicks

damn son :lol:
If I had a 9 I would've gave it to you, but only 12+ over here
All good :wink:

I'm just relieved my bill is fully taken care of and I can move on from that [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

oh boy, the "worried about Nike Air peeling on insole" talk.

What are we preserving?

Its the one thing least noticeable on a shoe. Genuinely curious about the fear of it rubbing off.
Because when I take my shoes off I want to see that NIKE AIR logo on there?

They already came off on my Concord 11's and I have nothing, so I don't want the same thing happening on these.  I want to see the NIKE AIR on my shoes because they look sweet as hell. what's wrong with that??

Is reselling a job or a hobby? Curious cause it seems like ppl buy for the heck of it to say they cop and others buy to flip for money

nerd.gif
I know right I'm a glue smell addict [emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji]
I'm down if @babyJs23  leads the group... 
nerd.gif

LOL. So true bro.
I have noticed on this forum people often commenting on the quality of leather, when the truth is, sneakers have nearly the lowest grade of leather available. It is nothing like you'd find on a jacket, or a pair of Churchs. 
Never said anything, didn't want to cause a fracas and hurt feelings. 
Please look it up on the internet, don't take my word for it.
I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.
I agree bro. SBB get a lot of hype but to be honest the Pinnacle 1's are much better leather quality which people seldom talk about. 400 dollar price tag which most people balked at but were totally on board paying more for SBB. Hype.....Right now you can get Pinnacle 1's for 300.

Last edited:
Still trying to shake off the salt from striking out yesterday. Happy for those that ate for their personal use, and very jealous.

Now trying to decide whether to pay the resell tax or just be comfortable living without these. I hate supporting the resell game, but it's our world now. Even considering one of those keychain raffles which I think are ridiculous. Man, I'm having a hard time staying disciplined on my principles right now. :smh:  

Well man if it's any consolation... you'll see them again in a few years.

But if you really want them now wait 1-2 weeks. That will be the sweet spot to find a pair for the low.

Good luck!

I wager that they're experimenting with ways to decrease material cost without losing market share.

You Do Realize This Is Business 101 Don't You?

:stoneface:

You ever notice that until recently, no one bought 1s. When no one was buying them, the quality was phenomenal. When Jordan realized that they would sell regardless, the material costs and quality no longer needed to drive the sale. Not just the leather quality either ... look at the cushioning on the ankle region in the 08-11 retro 1s. Compare to the 13-16.

It's laughably bad.

Bruh Of You're Giving Props To AJ1s From 08-2011, You've Lost All Credibility In The AJ1 Thread :lol:

Please Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom