The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
They ain't going out of style. They going back to how they were

Yeah it is a good thing-if they are cheap and easily attainable, only people who actually like the shoe will likely wear them as they won't attract hypebeasts. Plus, with so many going on discount, poorer people will actually be able to afford DS pairs and less people in the hood will be hurt over pairs, which is a great thing for the community.

Last edited:
More GR releases sat than sold out.. Significantly more actually.
Um okay, first let me explain my definition of sitting, A damn near FSR a month after release that is sitting.  Also the retros that were released this year were not beloved except the cement 4's and 12's.  And those restocked to death the 4's I mean, 7's 8's and 10's are not a beloved or call it hype shoe so those would sit longer because of 1. The price 2. Quantity.  The big tell on if Jordan's are losing popularity will be reflected in the bottom line.  As of right now the Jordan Brand is doing just fine and pushing units.  So because certain models "sit' doesn't mean the popularity has diminished. 

Last edited:
Case in point there are NMD's and UB's that are sitting in stores across the country  we no the hype around those 

Um okay, first let me explain my definition of sitting, A damn near FSR a month after release that is sitting.  Also the retros that were released this year were not beloved except the cement 4's and 12's.  And those restocked to death the 4's I mean, 7's 8's and 10's are not a beloved or call it hype shoe so those would sit longer because of 1. The price 2. Quantity.  The big tell on if Jordan's are losing popularity will be reflected in the bottom line.  As of right now the Jordan Brand is doing just fine and pushing units.  So because certain models "sit' doesn't mean the popularity has diminished. 

Yep, to your example Chuck Taylors are the most popular shoe in the world but are they the most hyped? Wal-Mart sells more clothes than Louis Vuitton-they are pushing higher volume but which one is in style? Toyota sells more Corollas than every Lambo produced in a year-which one would most people rather have?

Popularity by sales and hype/style are different altogether.

to the Tensai of NT @AirSakuragi can you please update the main page with pics of the shoes and release info?

wait... or is @instagram the Tensai of NT now?
nerd.gif

whoever is the Tensai, please update pics...
glasses.gif
I'm still the Tensai of NT

Case in point there are NMD's and UB's that are sitting in stores across the country  we no the hype around those 

Hype has more to do with how limited a sneaker is than the model itself. Jus Don 2s and OVO 10s were really limited but if they were a GR, I guarantee you they wouldn't be anywhere near as hyped because GR 2s and 10s are not very hyped at all. Models like 11s are a different beast because they've been hyped for as long as I can remember and are basically the sun to the Jordan Retro universe, which is why their annual release is an event.

Glad these sound like they'll be easier to purchase. Not sure if I want these, the 01 or 13s yet but do want a pair to wear.
Real Jordan wearers and collectors will get their hands on these while the hype beasts from 13 will be looking for adidas on release day

Don't think they will be easier, it's not like hype died down

Jordans are not going out of style, we live in a bandwagon era where it is popular to like and follow (famous) people. 

Well retros are sitting and hitting outlets/discount hard these days... If that isn't going out if style than I honestly don't know what to say about it.

Either way I hope they go out of style and Nike is forced to lower prices and, I know this is a stretch, put retros up on Nike ID. This would be an absolute dream to collectors like us.

They ain't going out of style. They going back to how they were

I really really hope things are going back the way they were. And they never going out of style in my eyes.

pending JPS JPS 's reply... you may have just won the title back!

I'm a bit unsure as to who this other person is cloning to be tensai.

I recall claiming the title during the Chicago 1 thread.

Promises were broken. Freestyles not dropped. And anime gifs overused.

In the end. I stood alone. Unchallenged. Unmatched. Unrivaled. Undefeated.

I am Tensai.

I wonder what made up sob stories were getting September 3rd and how long will the begging go on for [emoji]129300[/emoji] Hopefully mods do the right thing and take care of the problem before then. Please for the love of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom