The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

New? I was re-selling J's with the swiftness back in the 90s, 00s, 05s, etc etc. Even had a store stocked with them.But the game has been shattered by bots and online shopping. In the 90's and early 00s there were no such things as bots that MADE IT EASY for mf'ers to cop multiple pairs. You had to WORK FOR YOUR SHARE. No BS Raffles. Everything was FCFS. I respected that. You wanted 10-20 pairs? You better get in yo car and find a way to be at multiple places at the same time cuz everybody lining up bro. But I have ZERO respect for today's game where it's way too easy to cop multiples especially if you have bots, backdoorin mf'ers, greedy plugs, etc etc. 

I get it, it is what it is. But there's a reason Footlocker, Nike, etc are constantly coming up with ways to counter bots, resellers, etc. Its because they're a cancer to the game. 
Oh, so you mad at Technology? 

nerd.gif

Damn, Computers n internet! 
The "tech" is being used unfairly and even illegally. Again, why do you think Nike instituted online draws? I ain't mad at what Nike is doing. But on the other hand, if you have a bot that you paid $300 for, it increases your chances to win at places like FTL, Champs, Villa, etc. Even the Shiekh online raffles are rigged in some form.

Y'all wanna talk about "Survival of the fittest" etc, all you guys who cop 10, 20, 30 pairs would be ******* your skinny pants if bots, raffles, etc didn't exist and the rules were to line up and get yours because you dam well know you wouldn't have the cajones to drive around or walk around with a trunk load full of breds. Where I'm from, you would get car(t) jacked and assaulted before you even turned your head.

But I get it. Today's generation is soft af so the powers that be gotta make it easy for them so they babysit y'all with raffles and bots and ****. 

There will come at time real soon when none of these bots are gonna work and backdooring by greedy store managers with be a thing of the past. 

Man bots are cheating. And it's borderline illegal depending on how for the bot penetrates a system. And this coming from a Senior Software Developer.

If I was NDC, FNL, footsite, etc.... I would cancel any cart that checks out in less than 2 seconds after adding to cart. It's not humanly possible without some type of software doing it for you. Also my site would force a browser to disable extensions in Chrome and now Edge. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly, this is the part that confuses me, why not do this? Supreme has.

Sales are sales, if Nike and other sites sell out, why does the perception matter? We all still want the shoes lol

Oh, so you mad at Technology? 

nerd.gif

Damn, Computers n internet! 
Man bots are cheating. And it's borderline illegal depending on how for the bot penetrates a system. And this coming from a Senior Software Developer.

If I was NDC, FNL, footsite, etc.... I would cancel any cart that checks out in less than 2 seconds after adding to cart. It's not humanly possible without some type of software doing it for you. Also my site would force a browser to disable extensions in Chrome and now Edge. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly. My whole point is that Bots are MAKING IT TOO EASY for these young kids to obtain 10+ pairs. They don't know a damn thing about what it's like to really put in work to obtain multiple pairs because they weren't even around during the glory days of FCFS campouts and lines.

Bots or not

Guys are still riding around in Skinny Jeans going Store to Store with 10k in their pocket and a truck full of kicks

at least here in LA 
tongue.gif

The "tech" is being used unfairly and even illegally. Again, why do you think Nike instituted online draws? I ain't mad at what Nike is doing. But on the other hand, if you have a bot that you paid $300 for, it increases your chances to win at places like FTL, Champs, Villa, etc. Even the Shiekh online raffles are rigged in some form.

Y'all wanna talk about "Survival of the fittest" etc, all you guys who cop 10, 20, 30 pairs would be ******* your skinny pants if bots, raffles, etc didn't exist and the rules were to line up and get yours because you dam well know you wouldn't have the cajones to drive around or walk around with a trunk load full of breds. Where I'm from, you would get car(t) jacked and assaulted before you even turned your head.

But I get it. Today's generation is soft af so the powers that be gotta make it easy for them so they babysit y'all with raffles and bots and ****. 

There will come at time real soon when none of these bots are gonna work and backdooring by greedy store managers with be a thing of the past. 
son you sound mad salty you have some points , but talking about people are soft thats why they have to do raffles, what you rather have first come first served fights all the time people getting shot over sneakers.  yeah ok

Bots or not

Guys are still riding around in Skinny Jeans going Store to Store with 10k in their pocket and a truck full of kicks

at least here in LA 
tongue.gif
10K cash in a 23-year old's pocket? Absurd.

More like 10K credit on their VISA/Mastercard payin on 25% interest. Dudes copping like 10-20 pairs of these don't even have a mortgage brotha.

Exactly, this is the part that confuses me, why not do this? Supreme has.
Well Supreme got ate up by bots the last couple releases. So why does it keep happening? Well it costs millions to fight this stuff. To enhance securities and vulnerabilities within a checkout process is difficult. It takes a lot of testing and research. Most of the sites are using technology that's inherently vulnerable such as  PHP and different forms of javascript/jquery. I follow a bunch of different bot makers on twitter just to hear them spill the beans on how they "fixed their bot to work on Supreme" after stuff as changed by Supreme to fight them. It simply takes time and $$$. They only way to combat this is to do preorders like the way Apple does. JB needs to do preorders on shoes and ship as supply is met. But that will kill the hype...so there it is.

Exactly. My whole point is that Bots are MAKING IT TOO EASY for these young kids to obtain 10+ pairs. They don't know a damn thing about what it's like to really put in work to obtain multiple pairs because they weren't even around during the glory days of FCFS campouts and lines.
FCFS isn't the answer either. Too many people get mugged, hurt, and looks horrible on the culture for 100s to be standing outside a mall/store looking like crack fiends. It's just bad man. At this point online raffles is our best bet. And stores systems need to track sales of the items. Shiehks does this already. The footsites are implementing regionally now. I talked to some Champs guys around my way and they are pissed because now they can longer purchase for themselves or plug someone if that shoe has been won someone. 

LMAO thats pretty much how it goes. Sometimes you win...sometime you lose. The smart people stash some coins to pay resell when they do strike out or stash some heat for trade. I had to pay resell for white OVO 10...its one of the few high profile release that I couldn't copp. Also I traded a PB 350 Boost for black OVO 10 and Independence Day 5. It how it goes sometime.
I couldn't agree more Saunupe1911.  I'm fall more under your second category and stash heat to trade as I can never get myself to pay resell.  Struck out immensely on this release and am trying to trade for a pair currently (cool grey xi/white UB's if anyone's interested
wink.gif
).  With the hype/hysteria on the current releases these days, I find it not easy to do trades, even when your're giving up heat as well.  You win some, you lose some.  Life goes on.  In all seriousness, this the grind to get a pair you want is half of the allure to the sneaker game IMO.

son you sound mad salty you have some points , but talking about people are soft thats why they have to do raffles, what you rather have first come first served fights all the time people getting shot over sneakers.  yeah ok
Hell yeah I'd rather have FCFS. Because it's on you to make sure you put in the work (get up early, camp out overnight, etc) to ensure you get a pair. Instead of being lazy and let a got dam robot do the work for you. Here's the thing, you bring enough police to the mall, heck bring the swat team if you have to, and there won't be no fights and no shootings. 

And yes, I'm upset. Why? Because for one thing, I have a 45-year old older brother in the Bay Area who works 50-60 hours a week, has a wife and 4 kids, coaches his kids' AAU travel team, and has zero time for kid games such as bots, raffles, etc. ZERO. And he's probably a bigger MJ fan and knows more about Jordan and sneakers than most people here. Yet he can't cop himself a pair for retail nor buy his three sons the Bred 1s that he grew up on in the 80s. Will he pay resell? Hell no, because half the time people either tryin' to scam other people online or are slangin fakes up in this *****. Look at how many of you got like 4-5 claims with Paypal going on simultaneously lol

I was lucky enough to receive ONE pair for retail. And the only reason is because a good friend of mine is a senior executive at a major footwear retailer. Otherwise, I would've been just as fk'd as my brother. Good thing neither my wife nor my son or daughter ain't even trippin' on this shoe so there was no need for me to even think of overpaying.

I couldn't agree more Saunupe1911.  I'm fall more under your second category and stash heat to trade as I can never get myself to pay resell.  Struck out immensely on this release and am trying to trade for a pair currently (cool grey xi/white UB's if anyone's interested
wink.gif
).  With the hype/hysteria on the current releases these days, I find it not easy to do trades, even when your're giving up heat as well.  You win some, you lose some.  Life goes on.  In all seriousness, this the grind to get a pair you want is half of the allure to the sneaker game IMO.
Well said bro...well said

More like 10K credit on their VISA/Mastercard payin on 25% interest. Dudes copping like 10-20 pairs of these don't even have a mortgage brotha.
Backdoor don't take Debit/Credit card dude! 
laugh.gif

think what you want... Dem Boyz Out Here!

Last edited:
I like the new reserve system. That takes away from the employees hooking their people up or being that plug. I've seen this too many times. Also having to show I.D. helps combat with bots and not allowing the same person to score on multiple pairs.

FCFS isn't the answer either. Too many people get mugged, hurt, and looks horrible on the culture for 100s to be standing outside a mall/store looking like crack fiends. It's just bad man. At this point online raffles is our best bet. And stores systems need to track sales of the items. Shiehks does this already. The footsites are implementing regionally now. I talked to some Champs guys around my way and they are pissed because now they can longer purchase for themselves or plug someone if that shoe has been won someone. 
Online raffles are the way to go, similar to what Nike is doing. I agree with this. Shiekh's online raffles, although effective, can also be rigged. Imo, the surest way for Nike to end all the nonsense, the bots, and the resellers, is to simply ensure the supply is equivalent to the volume produced when they release their holiday 11s. If they do this with ALL of the "hot" releases such as Royal 1s, Bred 1s, SBB 1s, etc. then there is no way people will miss out at retail.

In the 90's and early 00s there were no such things as bots that MADE IT EASY for mf'ers to cop multiple pairs. You had to WORK FOR YOUR SHARE. No BS Raffles. Everything was FCFS. I respected that. You wanted 10-20 pairs? You better get in yo car and find a way to be at multiple places at the same time cuz everybody lining up bro

Welcome to the new age of coppin sneakers bro.

Adapt to the times and finesse or fall back.

Get your squad together if your trying to eat like you did back in the day

Complaints steady fall on deaf ears

And skinnies getting stuffed with heavy cash and a pair of fresh bred complements the legs

:smokin

Last edited:

Online raffles are the way to go, similar to what Nike is doing. I agree with this. Shiekh's online raffles, although effective, can also be rigged. Imo, the surest way for Nike to end all the nonsense, the bots, and the resellers, is to simply ensure the supply is equivalent to the volume produced when they release their holiday 11s. If they do this with ALL of the "hot" releases such as Royal 1s, Bred 1s, SBB 1s, etc. then there is no way people will miss out at retail.
Well depending on the system there has to be checks and balances put in place to ensure that items is sold to the winners. I have ideas for that too but one of these retailers gone have to pay me to share publicly 

Last edited:

Backdoor don't take Debit/Credit card dude! 
laugh.gif

think what you want... Dem Boyz Out Here!
Yes of course, you're right. You've got like 1 person out of 1000 who either has the backdoor connect or has the cash to cop multiple back door pairs. But what percentage of the population has that kind of plug or that kind of disposable cash? Best believe they are the minority and the outlier. 

And I get it. They're simply capitalizing on the hype and the market. It's business. But imo, these people are a detriment and a cancer to the sneaker game because at the end of the day, they will always be an independent re-seller.

Bots or not

at least here in LA :tongue:

Reading this and it reminds me of

Ordinary Gangsta by Gucci Mane......

I said I'm ridin round town with my top let down

and my seat laid back and stocked my breds in the back

Imma' Gangsta, Im not your ordinary gangsta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom