The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

Looks clean on feet. I wonder if the lacing system still causes heel slippage. The last two eyelets might not be enough to get the job done. Will depend on the fit. The Lillard 1 fits me good once I got the correct size.
I've got pretty skinny ankles so these could be trouble. The 2s worked better for me than the 1s and I don't have any major issues -- so these could be fine, but still, how they've been doing the tongues (throat?) on his line just doesn't quite work the best for me

traction looks real compact with little space between each ridges which caused the 2s to have mediocre traction, hopefully that isn't the case with these

tongue also looks like it is burrito style but I think that is just the cut, it looks like the upper is still one piece

I appreciate the purpose of the blocky lacelets but I feel like it could have been executed well and still provide good lockdown, it just lacks creativity I guess (or too much off?)

traction looks real compact with little space between each ridges which caused the 2s to have mediocre traction, hopefully that isn't the case with these

tongue also looks like it is burrito style but I think that is just the cut, it looks like the upper is still one piece

I appreciate the purpose of the blocky lacelets but I feel like it could have been executed well and still provide good lockdown, it just lacks creativity I guess (or too much off?)
maybe these arent final products?

I don't think burrito tongue, it's just cut higher on one side so it blends with the "D" logo

Last edited:
I love the Lillard line so far, but these look like they're going to hit sales racks. I don't dislike them, but I can't imagine these selling. Hope that they perform as well or better than the 2s and I can pickup for $70 or less

looking to buy lillard 2 for playing and wanted to ask about fit/sizing before pulling the trigger.

watched few youtube reviews and some say .5 size down and some say TTS.

for reference, these are what i wear

ultra boost : 8
flyknit racer : 8.5
vans authentic : 8
Kobe 8 : 8

Should I go with 8 or 7.5 ??
Is there sizing difference between prime knit version vs. non prime knit ?

can't decide between Rip city and black/white prime knit
View media item 2210598View media item 2210599

Also, anyone have experience balling in lillard 2 and crazy light boost 2016 ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
looking to buy lillard 2 for playing and wanted to ask about fit/sizing before pulling the trigger.

thanks in advance
I went for an 8.5 in my Lillard 2s and they fit perfect for me (I like a snug fit). This is half size down from my true size.  

For reference I wear..

Flyknit Racer - 9

Ultraboost - 9

Vans Authentic - 9

Lillard 2s and CLB 16 are both top of my rotation at the minute, you can't go wrong with either - personally I prefer the CLB 16s though, just prefer the lower cut and boost cushioning over bounce (also go down .5 in those too).

View media item 2210598View media item 2210599

thanks in advance
Personally I would say you should go for the upcoming release of the black/white in North America. I bought mine from the site thapointguy linked me. I'm planning on getting another pair or maybe 2 more pairs but I'll wait until it's released on adidas.ca. This way, if I have an issue with the shoe on arrival, I can at least return it.

EDIT: Plus, the PK is soooooo comfy and it has continental rubber. I don't know if it's just in my head but the traction on the continental rubber is super grippy. Not to take away from the normal outsole. It still is decent as long as it's not super dusty. Which is to be expected since the grooves on the outsole is shallow and quite close to each other thereby trapping the dusts.

As for the D Lillard 2 or the CLB, I highly suggest you go to a store and try out the shoe. Because I think the CLB could have been the perfect shoe if it wasn't for the damn heel slippage. Some people here are saying that they don't have a problem with the sizing but majority have heel slippage that can be very annoying if you are not expecting it. Be safe, test out the CLB before buying.

My opinion, D Lillard 2 > CLB 16 due to the fitting issue. Either way though, I love both and I have a bunch of both.

Last edited:
As for the sizing for the D Lillard 2 whether it's primeknit or not, for me, I bought both PK and non-PK at half size down from my true size. It fits me perfectly.

probably still bounce, anything other than that or boost will likely be a step back from the 2s

Slowly making the turn. It's not that I dislike this Lillard 3. It has a tough act to follow. Lillard 2 will be looked back on as a classic down the line.

Slowly making the turn. It's not that I dislike this Lillard 3. It has a tough act to follow. Lillard 2 will be looked back on as a classic down the line.

IKR. The 3's have nice details on em doe and seem super comfy like the 2's. I still dont like the square piece but overall the shoe is nice.
I love the curved heeltab that resembles the ultraboost heeltab.
Like I said if adidas keeps em 105$ people will buy multiple pairs. Worst thing adidas can do is price them 120$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom