THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

And you’re still hot on this anti-Dak stuff but haven’t yet come up with a reasonable solution for how to replace him with someone better - or even comparable - for less cash.

I’m all for making a change there if you got a solution. The problem is there ain’t one.

And you’re still hot on this anti-Dak stuff but haven’t yet come up with a reasonable solution for how to replace him with someone better - or even comparable - for less cash.

I’m all for making a change there if you got a solution. The problem is there ain’t one.
From day one I’ve never said I wanna get rid of him because I’m very well aware there’s no better options out there

Only thing I’ve been stressing is how I don’t wanna pay him the $30-$40 mil a year he’ll be commanding

Simply put, he ain’t earned it and anyone with a brain will tell you he’s a middle of the road QB

Franchise tag him the next 2 years if you have to unless he accepts what he’s worth

the tag would be like 25-30 this year i think and 40 next year so what kind of sense would that make?

wentz,ryan and goff contracts ant getting tore up any time soon and im taken dak over all 3 so he is getting paid more then them period.

Franchising him back to back years means he’s making 35Ms over the next two years anyways. :lol:

And this teams got too many other areas to address to draft a QB worth a **** early enough to matter as a developmental guy.

He’s getting his money or you’re punting on basically everything else and hitting reset.

All I’m saying is I don’t wanna commit to this long term

104BFAC6-BE2B-435E-B6EB-E64B5D5A0A87.jpeg

Franchise tag for a Top 10 QB (and I’m underrating him a bit) is a ludicrous idea and it always has been. I don’t get why you keep trying to make it seem like a good argument because it’s not.

You lock up Dak, you lock up Cooper. And you give it a 3-4 year run with Dak, Cooper, Zeke and Gallup.

Trying to needlessly bargain bina quarterback, we might as well just scrap it trade Zeke, Tyron, TFred and La’el and start over.

This is your core - whether you like it or not.

Might as well give Dak the contract and give yourself the flexibility of spreading the cap hit however you choose. If you franchise him he straight up eats 30m.

This is your core - whether you like it or not.

Might as well give Dak the contract and give yourself the flexibility of spreading the cap hit however you choose. If you franchise him he straight up eats 30m.
30M is the absolute best case scenario

If we sign he long term I have zero doubt he’ll be the highest paid QB in history

Lincoln Riley makes about $7mil a year, he aint leaving Oklahoma
Dude at Baylor aint won jack💩 so how is he a good pick for the Cowboys HC job?

Jimmy Johnson won a national championship which means he was able to coach high level talent and lead them to a championship
Barry Switzer won a national championship and was able to coach high level talent and lead them to a championship
Those are the only kind of college coaches that need to be HC for the Dallas Cowboys
Keep these internet message board hot shot college coaches in college until they can win a championship with teenagers and young adults

Lincoln Riley makes about $7mil a year, he aint leaving Oklahoma
Dude at Baylor aint won jack💩 so how is he a good pick for the Cowboys HC job?

Jimmy Johnson won a national championship which means he was able to coach high level talent and lead them to a championship
Barry Switzer won a national championship and was able to coach high level talent and lead them to a championship
Those are the only kind of college coaches that need to be HC for the Dallas Cowboys
Keep these internet message board hot shot college coaches in college until they can win a championship with teenagers and young adults
Yeah I’m all the way good on Riley after that LSU game :lol:

I honestly believe the Cowboys would have won more games with Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback this year ...

I would offer Dak $20M per year for 4 years ... No quarterback is worth the contract that Goff got ... The market needs to either reset or we need to be the organization that prioritizes drafting QBs and rolling with the best FA available ... I'm out on these chalk it up to the market types ... No, you can win without a QB who sucks up 20% of your cap ...

I'll claw my eyes out of I have to watch Dak for the next 5 years and he's making $40M per ... He isnt that good, plain and simple ... He isn't good enough to have to sacrifice other positions for his production ...

I honestly believe the Cowboys would have won more games with Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback this year ...

I would offer Dak $20M per year for 4 years ... No quarterback is worth the contract that Goff got ... The market needs to either reset or we need to be the organization that prioritizes drafting QBs and rolling with the best FA available ... I'm out on these chalk it up to the market types ... No, you can win without a QB who sucks up 20% of your cap ...

I'll claw my eyes out of I have to watch Dak for the next 5 years and he's making $40M per ... He isnt that good, plain and simple ... He isn't good enough to have to sacrifice other positions for his production ...
Finally

Someone in this thread gets it

One guy’s won more than 6 games as a starter a total of once in 15 years. The other guys done it every season despite disgustingly glaring coaching deficiencies.

One guy has never completed passes in a full season at a higher rate than Dak did in his worst season.

One guy has consistently turned the football over at a 2x higher rate than the other guy.

One guy lost his job to Josh ****in Rosen at one point this season.

I’ll let you figure out which one’s which.

My QB/TE went 13-3 his rookie season with a high school head coach
Your running back got booed at home in the playoffs his rookie season
Holla at me when your TE wins an MVP. My running back brought his team a playoff birth his first year and improved enough after getting booed to win the MVP. Your TE couldn’t even get you guys back to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom