THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

JJ!!!

I was at the Game, talking mad ish throughout the game. Ima Giants Fan, moved from NY a year ago to here in Plano.
I don't even know how we were leading the whole time because Dallas had double our numbers in everything except Turnovers.
The whole game Me and like 3 other Giants Fans were holding it down.
Then 4th Quarter all went down hill. How the hell can you not score on the 1 yard line B? :x
I'm lucky I didn't get jumped by cowboy fans for the amount of **** I was talking. :lol:
The building exploded that last play, I couldn't believe we blew it.

Rashaad Jennings talkin' about the Giants coaching staff told him not to score :lol:

New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings confirmed Monday that he was ordered not to score on two run plays inside the Dallas Cowboys' 5-yard line with less than two minutes left in Sunday night's game and the Giants leading by three.

"On the first-down play, I was told, 'Rashad, don't score,'" Jennings said. "On second down, 'Rashad, don't score.' I was tempted to say, 'Forget it,' and go score because I could. But I didn't want to be that guy. But definitely, I was asked not to score."

Jennings said his orders came in the huddle from quarterback Eli Manning, who spoke with him after the game and took responsibility for the way things turned out -- a 27-26 loss. Jennings said he was under the impression that Manning was relaying orders he got from the sideline.

Offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo is the Giants' offensive playcaller, but coach Tom Coughlin has the power to overrule him. Coughlin took responsibility for the late-game play calling Sunday night. McAdoo is permitted to speak to the media only once a week, and not after games.

After the game, Jennings told ESPN, "As a running back, it's really tough when they tell you not to score," but didn't elaborate.

Jennings said this was the first time he has been given such an order since he was in college, and back then the reason was that his team had a lead and a chance to run out the clock with the ball still in its hands. That wasn't the case Sunday, but it still was odd to ask Jennings not to score.

Had he scored a touchdown on first down and Josh Brown hit the 33-yard extra point, the Giants would have led by 10 with 1:50 left. Had he scored on second down, there would have been 1:43 left.

Part of the problem was that the Giants were confused about the timeout situation. Jennings said Monday that he and the rest of the team believed the Cowboys had called their final timeout after the first-down play. That was based on the belief that the Cowboys had called their second timeout after Odell Beckham Jr.'s third-down catch the play before.

But Dallas had not called a timeout there. The clock had stopped because the Cowboys were called for an offside penalty on Beckham's catch. Even though the Giants declined the penalty, the rules say the clock stops after such a penalty in the final five minutes of the fourth quarter.

When Jennings was told not to score on second down, the Giants believed they would be able to churn 40 seconds off the clock and run their third-down play with a little more than a minute to go. When the Cowboys stopped the clock with 1:43 to go after the second-down run, the Giants were surprised.

As for the runs themselves, Jennings insists he could have scored on either one.

"On one of them it would've been a grind," Jennings said. "But on the other, I cut the wrong way [on purpose] and found somewhere soft to fall."

Jennings and the Giants were obviously disappointed to lose a game they led by three with the ball on the opponent's 1-yard line and less than two minutes to go. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo went down the field "like a knife through butter," in the words of Coughlin, for the game-winning score after Manning threw an incomplete pass on third down and the Giants settled for a field goal.

But while the instructions surprised him, Jennings wanted to make it clear that he wasn't second-guessing whoever told him not to score.

"I'm not mad," he said. "We're doing this as a team, and we thought it was best for us not to score at that point. Of course I wanted to, but that's just the football player in you."

The night didn't get a lot better for the Giants, whose departure from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport was held up until 4 a.m. CT, delaying their arrival in Newark, New Jersey, to 9 a.m. ET.

Last edited:
So the purpose of Jennings not scoring was to run down the clock? ...the entire organization had a brain fart and deserve to lose that game the way they did. I can understand a player and some team officals thinkin that Cowboys called a timeout, but the Giants coaching staff should have known for sure if a TO was called or not.

First place!

Game plan for Eagles. Load the box. Get pressure on Bradford. Man coverage on WRs, One safety drop down, one help over the top and Sean Lee the spy on RB coming out of the backfield for a pass.

Get pressure on Bradford... He will make mistakes.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a loss without DEZ. Eagles won't go 0-2 to start the season

But please believe if we end up winning without DEZ somehow, I'm going ALL THE WAY IN :lol:

Cowboys traded their 5th Round to the Raiders for Brice Butler and their 6th round.

The picks are if Brice plays 6 games.

DEZ will be back in time for the Philly game. Cowboys are optimistic he returns for the Giants game though. Until then, we have to find ways to win without him.

Just give Romo time and at the very worst we go .500 without Dez.

He gets so much time in the pocket, he's allowed to look at every receiver and find someone. He does make mistakes but far fewer than 4-5 years ago because he has so much time.

We are a worse team without Dez obviously. Because they can focus elsewhere. But if the line just buys Romo time, we'll be able to limit the damage

Yep our Oline is our saving grace. If Romo has time in the pocket, we will do better than expected...

Last edited:
call me an optimist but I'm not feeling down at all..

Still business as usual..

Romo is playing the best ball of his career, I mean he pointed out literally every thing NYG was gonna do Sunday...he's just in a zone, and I'm more than comfortable riding him until 88 comes back..

This is where romo makes his bucks, where he changes perceptions, where he proves he's elite...it's now or never, everybody knows that..but I'll only feel the season is lost if it was romo, Tyron or Martin..

Luckily for us our strength as a team is still there, and we have options to supplement offense until des comes back...

It starts in philly this Sunday. That game just became a must win imo..it's just as imperative we start 2-0 as it is we put philly in a 0-2 hole..

Stat I herd this morning on the radio: 2/3 of all 2-0 teams make the playoffs conversely 2/3 of all 0-2 teams miss the playoffs...this win will really give us some wiggle room in the division..

Let's get it, I'm HYPED for Sunday!

Plus I really trust Stephen, will McCray, Garrett and the staff lately...I mean they've done a 180 on personnel decisions, so we hit on so many more guys now..it's hard to quantify but it's just a calm around decisions now..

I know it's going to be tough but if we can head into the bye 4-1 that would be HUGE.

Sunday is definitely a MUST win considering we can put the main division competition, Eagles, in a 0-2 hole.

this is where all that time spent Romo to TWill will pay off... Dez holding out during training camp can be looked at as a blessing in disguise.

Wish I could share the optimism. But teams now can prepare all week leading up to the game for a DEZ-less Cowboys team. Although I do believe we can somewhat weather the storm a bit without him, 4-1 to me is highly unlikely. Philly knows this is a must win game for them as going down 0-2 would spell doom for their season. Demarco has been waiting for this opportunity as well.

Losing Leary for this game also hurts quite a bit.

I don't think we can go 4-1 with out Dez, but I definitely see us going .500 at worst. Like others have mentioned, going through the entire off season and preseason without Dez has prepared this team on how to play without him.

If they can just keep the ship afloat until after the buy when we should get McLain, Hardy and Gregory back, I think we'll be just fine. Even if Dez misses 6-8 games. Romo is just on fire right now, and the oline will give him time to flourish.

Its gonna be tough without Dez for sure. If, we enter the bye at 3-2 and beat Philly im perfectly happy.

Back
Top Bottom