THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

[quote name="Nowitness41Dirk"]In-N-Out is garbage. :lol:[/quote]This

makes me hate the Cowboys even more.

Come on yall In N Out aint overrated, those burgers are perfection. Fries are mehh...

Now if anything... 5 Guys is overrated and expensive for no reason. But I wouldnt say its garbage...

Last edited:
Burger chains are overrated nonetheless... go to your local bbq joint and get some real food

Smh that dude Jasper Brinkley stole 2 Mil from us

Last edited:
Burger chains are overrated nonetheless... go to your local bbq joint and get some real food

Smh that dude Jasper Brinkley stole 2 Mil from us

We ended up saving 750K on his signing bonus now that he signed with the Giants. So he basically stole 1.25M.

I'm ok with that, seems like FO realized dude wasn't starter material and cut ties early opposed to hanging onto dead weight like we usually do.

Read an article that made a case saying instead of giving that 2 Million to Jasper, we could've used it towards Murray.

Read an article that made a case saying instead of giving that 2 Million to Jasper, we could've used it towards Murray.

We all know we could have kept Murray.. And done it without a huge risk even on a long term 5 year contract.

We offered 4 year / $24mil ($12mil guaranteed) according to Todd Archer, they got him for 5 year / $40mil ($18mil guaranteed).

No reason we couldn't have added 1 more year + $1mil per year on his deal to get us to 5 year / $35mil. And given him $17mil in guaranteed money (1st year = $7mil, 2nd year = $7mil, 3rd year = $3mil). That wouldn't have been a huge risk for us. Yeah $5mil is $5mil, but it's over 5 years, and it's only $1mil in guaranteed money. He would have stayed.

Also could have given him bonuses for carries + yards to get even closer. Eagles only did theirs for yards.

They dropped the ball. Yeah the market and the trends say don't pay a Running Back... But we could have and still be okay, and had a real shot at a Super Bowl..

We could have still had the great draft we had... Kept our offense, and at least ensured that we'll be fine this next season, and then we can draft a Running Back in 2016 or 2017 somewhere in the draft and groom him to take over in 2017 or 2018.

Last edited:
Crazy Stat...

Sean Lee leads all LB'S in interceptions since 2010.. He's started 32 of 80 games in that time.

So happy this dude is back on the field :smokin

Last edited:
They should sit Sean Lee and hope we make the playoffs and can use him for a playoff run. He's good for about 4 games a year.

Paying Murray what the Eagles did made no sense from the FO point of view. It's been historically proven that a RB never replicates that type of success when they carry the ball that much.

Doesn't mean I'm comfortable with the RB situation but if it meant paying Murray 9 mill after over 500 touches then I'm good

Gonna be interesting to see how this season plays out...

Doesn't mean the FO was right, even with the track record of Running Backs.

Eagles paid $8mil.. I don't think it would take $8mil, I think $7mil over the same number of years (5) gets it done.

But you're not actually going to pay him for 5. You are paying him for the short term with only half guaranteed. If we offered 5year/ $35mil ($17.5mil guaranteed), he's still a Cowboy because it's doubtful he leaves over $1mil per year over 5 years, and really only $500K.

The historic trends mean nothing, we didn't need that same production. We needed solid production. Romo is at the end of the line, Witten is at the end of the line. You will not be able to replace them easily at all. So letting Murray go is monumentally stupid because it knocks us back when we just re-opened a short window.

And with $17.5mil guaranteed, you are paying him for 2 full years, and a partial 3rd year. We saying Murray is not even going to be good for 2 years? With this offensive line? With this quarterback? And these receivers to keep a team honest?

He doesn't have 5 years in him, but we aren't paying him for that... We are paying him for 2.

We paid Jasper Brinkley $2mil, and Darren McFadden $1.15mil. Not adding either of them, and paying Murray $7mil is the right & smart decision. Nor would it handcuff us. And in 2016 it's not like we are in trouble with FAs (Hardy, Claiborne, both Tyrone & Jack Crawford, Bernadeau, Leary, McClain, Dunbar & Mincey).. Hardy is unlikely to keep. Mo will be relatively cheap. No one wants anything to do with McClain. Bernadeau & Leary would be leaving anyway because they'll want more playing time.

So you can get 2 years out of Murray and then just drop him... Or a novel idea.... Trade him for a late round pick to get something for him, assuming he plays at a quality level.

So sure, history says don't pay a running back. But with only having to cover about 40% of the contract, we made a bad mistake.

Last edited:
The day is upon us.

I'm ready.

Last edited:
No matter what happens to Brandon Carr after he retires. His legacy will always be in infamy because ODB's catch. I can see it already 25 years from now recounting what happened in some sort of TV special.

Back
Top Bottom