THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

I'm seriously gonna campaign to have this fool kicked out of our league for the future

must be nice to play in leagues with idiots who do dumb ish like that year after year...free $ - as long as you're playing for $

must be nice to play in leagues with idiots who do dumb ish like that year after year...free $ - as long as you're playing for $
I'd honestly rather people just be smart and play fair.  Makes for a more enjoyable experience all around.

So Billy Hamilton was dropped onto waivers in my league
laugh.gif
and it was by the same person who dropped Buster Posey last season
mean.gif
He's the one that needs to be dropped.

Fister to the 15-day DL for right forearm tightness.

Fair enough excuse to drop him or should I hold on?

Fister to the 15-day DL for right forearm tightness.

Fair enough excuse to drop him or should I hold on?
If you have a DL slot in your league and it's available, then yes. If not, it's up to you and depends on if you could use someone that's an FA right now.

I'm a big supporter of Fister though, so if it's me then I'm probably keeping for at least a little bit.

For the time being, I'll hold onto him because I do have the extra DL spot (2 allowed, Zobrist has the other spot).

Picked up Jesse Chavez for a second time with the empty roster spot.

Sit or start Samardzija today @ Oakland?

I'm torn. He's my only SP going but he's been so inconsistent especially on the road.

honestly, if you dont feel comfortable starting Shark against the A's, you might be better off trading him :lol: pitched really well today. glad i traded for him and shelby miller.

honestly, if you dont feel comfortable starting Shark against the A's, you might be better off trading him :lol: pitched really well today. glad i traded for him and shelby miller.

:lol: I started him. Finished with 9 points. Should probably be more if my commissioner wasn't a fool for the way he set up scoring.

Last edited:
What league styles are you guys usually prefer?  Roto vs H2H?  Points vs stats?

I've only played in H2H leagues with stats so I feel like it'd take some time to get used to playing roto.  That being said I'd definitely like to give it a shot at some point.  Never really been interested in points leagues though.

i honestly dont know what league types I'm in. it's me vs another guy for 7 days and the guy with most points wins that week. so i guess that's H2H? :lol:

I personally prefer roto leagues. They reward the owner who puts together the best team through the draft and free agency/waiver wire as well as those who hold the most patience over the course of a long season.

i honestly dont know what league types I'm in. it's me vs another guy for 7 days and the guy with most points wins that week. so i guess that's H2H?
laugh.gif
That is H2H with points, but then there are leagues like my keeper that tally up the stats you get each week and each category win/loss counts towards your total wins/losses

I personally prefer roto leagues. They reward the owner who puts together the best team through the draft and free agency/waiver wire as well as those who hold the most patience over the course of a long season.
Definitely agree with you in that roto rewards the best team overall.  H2H can be maddening when you get that amazing player who goes cold during your championship week and ruins your season.  I've always been tempted to play roto for that reason, but I've just never actually decided to join a league.  Also because I've played in the same keeper for years now and I'm not sure I want to have multiple fantasy baseball teams that set daily lineups.
That's what I'm in
laugh.gif

First win on the year fellas
Congrats b.  That first win is a great feeling no matter when it comes.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
My league is weekly H2H with stats/categories, not points.

Is Delino DeShields worth a pickup? Dudes been stealing bases like crazy and he's scoring a nice bit of runs too. And he's actually continuing to get playing time even with Leonys Martin back from injury.

long as he gets on base he'll keep that job. he's young and viewed sort of highly as a prospect. he'll get a chance long as he's getting on base. if you're not dropping anyone special, worth the gamble.

DeShields is a Rule 5 pick so there's no risk of him being demoted. Worst case scenario his bat goes cold and he stops drawing walks but they use him a pinch runner.

Back
Top Bottom