THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Aside from my closers, my pitching has been pretty terrible over the past 2 weeks. Losing Waino and McCarthy forced me to pick up guys who have been getting lit up. Anyone you guys would consider dropping/adding?

Here's my team now:
View media item 1528518I picked up Lorenzen for a spot-start yesterday. Probably gonna drop him. Also don't have anymore open DL spots and I don't wanna drop Morrow so I'm just letting him marinate. Would you guys advise against this?

Top 15 Available SPs (sorted by ESPN's "player rating"):
View media item 1528521
Top 15 Available RPs:
View media item 1528522
Betances was dropped 2 separate times last week and I didn't notice it until someone else picked him back up :x. Dude's been killing it, mad as hell I couldn't scoop him up.

Last edited:
porcello is available? that's a mistake. i'd drop morrow for him.

second most points in my NT keeper and i'm 1-4. feels batman. waino injury and the slow starts for sale, degrom and cole have hurt. might have to blow this up soon.

picked up taijuan walker dropping hechavarria. reyes should be back tuesday supposedly. really think walker only has value in a keeper league so I'm taking the chance here.

Last edited:
Aside from my closers, my pitching has been pretty terrible over the past 2 weeks. Losing Waino and McCarthy forced me to pick up guys who have been getting lit up. Anyone you guys would consider dropping/adding?

Here's my team now:

I picked up Lorenzen for a spot-start yesterday. Probably gonna drop him. Also don't have anymore open DL spots and I don't wanna drop Morrow so I'm just letting him marinate. Would you guys advise against this?

Top 15 Available SPs (sorted by ESPN's "player rating"):

Top 15 Available RPs:

Betances was dropped 2 separate times last week and I didn't notice it until someone else picked him back up
sick.gif
. Dude's been killing it, mad as hell I couldn't scoop him up.
Drop Morrow. I like what he can be, but not until he can stay healthy and show consistency. Porcello is a good pickup. I also like Dan Haren. He's having a resurgent season and Miami is a pitcher-friendly ballpark.

Kyle Gibson is someone to keep on the radar. He's been solid. Quality start-type solid. His K numbers have dropped from his first two years in the league, so the hope is those come back up, but he also pitches in a pitcher-friendly ballpark for a team that should score some runs.
porcello is available? that's a mistake. i'd drop morrow for him.

second most points in my NT keeper and i'm 1-4. feels batman. waino injury and the slow starts for sale, degrom and cole have hurt. might have to blow this up soon.

picked up taijuan walker dropping hechavarria. reyes should be back tuesday supposedly. really think walker only has value in a keeper league so I'm taking the chance here.
I dropped Taijuan. Was kinda hoping he wouldn't get picked up in case he started coming to life, but so far he just isn't doing it for me his keeper potential. Can't afford it right now.

Totes man. If I wasn't 1-4 I may have just let him sit there but at this point, I need the upside potential and the risk for me isn't much since I'm at the bottom of the league and have little to lose :lol:

Maikel Franco about to get promoted, likely at the end of the week.  I've been starting Pedro Alvarez all season so I had to stash.

Anyone going to be starting Syndergaard tomorrow?

The wind is supposed to be blowing out of Wrigley tonight and tomorrow night and the Cubs have already taken deGrom deep twice.

Started Josh Collmenter - ratios destroyed for yet another week.  This season, man...
mean.gif

I was looking at my roster earlier in the day contemplating whether or not to keep him in since the Nats have been playing so well lately.  Guess I made the wrong choice. 
laugh.gif

So tired of Samardzija's inconsistency :smh: . Offered a trade of Samardzija, Big Papi and Rondon for Andrew and Shelby Miller. Might be rash, but I'm hoping he bites.

I'm 0-5, but good thing is I'm versing the guy in my league who is 1-4 :lol: .

I just traded for shark and Shelby today. Giving up Correa and a pick. Still think my team can make a run despite the unlucky 1-4 start.

I just traded for shark and Shelby today. Giving up Correa and a pick. Still think my team can make a run despite the unlucky 1-4 start.
I started 0-3 then my team blew up and I've won in back-to-back weeks by more than 100 points in each matchup. You still got time.

Yeah so early still honestly. ill only blow things up if I'm below .500 after week 10. I've got a ton of points this year, just some tough luck games/injuries. DeGrom and Sale haven't done much for me yet :lol:

Had to drop Pedro Alvarez.  Between him and Rollins I needed to get rid of 1 of them.  Dude is so tantalizing with potential but it never pans out like anyone hopes.  Just waiting on Maikel right now for 3B so I grabbed Yunel for the time being.  He's been doing decent and I figure I can at least slide him over to SS when Maikel gets promoted.

Dudes be waiting up till 3:00 AM so they can make those next-day pickups on Monday mornings in my league.
laugh.gif
  Wanted to grab Kang but he got swooped up at the crack of dawn this morning.

Last edited:
I picked up Franco last night too. Been hearing about him forever now. It's about time we bring a guy up to the majors while he's still young :lol:.

Picked up Bolsinger for tonight. Do I really want to start him though?? Would be my only SP going

Had to drop Pedro Alvarez.  Between him and Rollins I needed to get rid of 1 of them.  Dude is so tantalizing with potential but it never pans out like anyone hopes.  Just waiting on Maikel right now for 3B so I grabbed Yunel for the time being.  He's been doing decent and I figure I can at least slide him over to SS when Maikel gets promoted.

Dudes be waiting up till 3:00 AM so they can make those next-day pickups on Monday mornings in my league. :lol:   Wanted to grab Kang but he got swooped up at the crack of dawn this morning.

Bro everyone in my league does this :lol: waits until they pick up whoever's hot for that week :lol:

Picked up Bolsinger for tonight. Do I really want to start him though?? Would be my only SP going
You answered your question with your first sentence.
wink.gif

Nah but forreal I was thinking about scooping him up but held off as I had already used 2 of my 4 pickups for the week.  I then went back to see if he was still available later but someone had grabbed him.  Then again I have a bad tendency of starting every pitcher regardless of the matchup (exceptions made for @COL, usually).  I play in H2H so it's easier to make up for a blown up week as opposed to roto though.

You answered your question with your first sentence. :wink:

Nah but forreal I was thinking about scooping him up but held off as I had already used 2 of my 4 pickups for the week.  I then went back to see if he was still available later but someone had grabbed him.  Then again I have a bad tendency of starting every pitcher regardless of the matchup (exceptions made for @COL, usually).  I play in H2H so it's easier to make up for a blown up week as opposed to roto though.

I'm looking for my first win on the year, so I'm trying anything I can :lol: . Just weary about spot-starting him cause my past few pickups (Tim Hudson, Jason Marquis) have **** the bed.

Back
Top Bottom