*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Once again, whats with the elitist laker fans on here? you dont speak for everyone. hell up
smh.gif

Man tonight I put this loss all on Kobe Bean Bryant

The guy reverted back to the Kobe of the past 3 years and didnt play the way that made him the league MVP this season.

Kobe needs to realize when his shot isnt going down he needs to drive and kick to his shooter like DFish tonight who was hitting his shot.

I was really pissed when Kobe kept shooting fadeaway shots with 2 or 3 defenders on him the whole night.Kobe played right into the hands of the way the Celticsplanned and wanted him to play.This type of play tonight is exactly the reason why Lamar Odom couldnt get involved in tonights game.

We played like crap, when we were moving the ball making the Celtic D shift we were scoring and getting the lead. Second half we went away from all that andthe ball just kept stopping. We need to box out and move the basketball, I'm not worried about Kobe shooting 9-26, he was pretty cold today as was the restof the team. I'm confident Phil will make adjustments... The refs were fine, I'm just pissed about the ticky tack fouls they call for both sides... Letem play damn it!

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Some of you Laker fans a pathetic, I think SKA saves y'all from the scrutiny sometimes. He is one of the few knowledgeable Laker fans in the board. The reason why they lost was simply because...

1. Pau is a soft dude....he relies on over the backs to get rebounds. And he cannot stay in front of Garnett.
2. Kobe forced up too many shots.
3. Farmar and Walton need to step up.
4. Celtics help defense was too good.
This post bugs me beacause you are wrong.

Pau played great tonight. Plus who the hell ever said pau wasn't soft? He played great d tonight.

You got the kobe thing right.

Walton and Farmar? Step up? Man come on now. There is no way in hell we can expect anything from them.

And 4 was kinda right. The D was good but it also helps that we had 6 or 7 shots rim out.

No need to diss every laker fan and then say ska saves us...

laugh.gif
I just love when Northern Cali fans come to share some unbiased views on the Lakers.
Was that directed at me? Because if you don't know I am socal through and through. I live 20 mintues away from staples and have probably beento as many laker games this year then have been in your life time.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Laker fans are in a class of their own...

..minus a select few, of course.

Got to love the Laker fan critics who know "exactly" what classy is.

Those of you giving SoHi and tupac props: I give you props.

For now.

See, I've been here too long.

I know good and damn well that you won't remember the two folks who didn't blame the refs later in the future. I doubt you'll even remember Sunday.
laugh.gif
We'll just read your tired comments like 'Laker fans this' and 'Laker fans that', and you'll completely forget that you biggedthem up in this thread.

I doubt they have even damaged the armor of your Laker-hating exterior.
laugh.gif

Like I've said before:
- all comments made by Laker fans against the refs count for FOUR comments each
- all comments made by Laker fans against the other team count for FIVE comments each
- all comments made by Laker fans for the refs count as ONE-THIRD OF A COMMENT
- all comments made by Laker fans for the other team count for ONE-HALF of a comment

roll.gif

we had this but we lost focus and determinations which blinded us from going to our bread and butter which LAKERS BASKETBALL...I hardlt saw it throughout thegame therefore I knew this was tough one...but knowing the LAKERS and coaching staff we should bounce back from this one with GREATER FOCUS & DETERMINATION!!!
happy.gif

LET'S GO

LAYYY

KUUURRRZZZ !!!!!

Lakers shooting in the 4th quarter:

Bryant: 1-6
Sasha: 1-4
Luke: 0-1
Ronny: 0-2
Fish: 1-3
Pau: 0-1
Odom: 2-2
Vlad: 0-1

Everyone except for Lamar stunk it up. Sasha taking more shots than Pau is just unacceptable, but the Gasol just really had his hands full with KG.
I thought that Pau's length would bother Garnett but nope. If you read KG's lips "mofo's can't hold me" and he wasn't lying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by tupac003

We cannot complain about the refs.

Just can't do it.

You want to know why we lost? We got out rebounded. I didn't understand why everybody picked the lakers to win. We can't grab a damn rebound. If we had grabbed a couple of rebounds we would have been ok. I don't know what the second chance points were but they had to have killed us.

You want to know another reason why we lost? We got away from the pick and roll. When kobe and pau were running that pick and roll, the celtics really had trouble stopping it. Kobe is our MVP but he may have shot us out of this game.

Another reason why we lost...Look at how we shot in the 4th. They play GOOD DAMN D on us and we shot horrible. 5-20? That's just not going to get it done.

I don't want to hear crap about the refs.. but I know no matter what laker fans will blame the ref's.
tired.gif

I am sorry guys I can't co-sign that. We had our chances and we didn't do it. But hey....

ITS GAME FREAKING ONE! Yeah I know phil's record when he wins the first game but hey it didn't happen.

Laker nation don't get down. We were going to lose one game one. Now we have to go back and we have to steal game 2.

So please laker fans... I beg of you. Don't blame the ref's. We just played a horrible second half and kobe had a horrible night.
That's the realest %*#$ I've read in here. Everything was the truth. And yeah, it's ONLY GAME ONE, so everyones got to chill.

laugh.gif
I just love when Northern Cali fans come to share some unbiased views on the Lakers.
And that is suppose to mean?

Celts, man. Getting it done.

Paul's two 3's in the 3rd were huge momentum-wise.

It's very important to win game 2 as well.

Not to take anything away from the Lakers but down the stretch it looked a bit like the Lakers of old with Kobe shouldering the weight and the rest of the teamnot exactly showing up.

I expect LA to be focused in game 2.

But I still see Boston winning game 2 and winning the series in 6.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by tupac003

We cannot complain about the refs.

Just can't do it.

You want to know why we lost? We got out rebounded. I didn't understand why everybody picked the lakers to win. We can't grab a damn rebound. If we had grabbed a couple of rebounds we would have been ok. I don't know what the second chance points were but they had to have killed us.

You want to know another reason why we lost? We got away from the pick and roll. When kobe and pau were running that pick and roll, the celtics really had trouble stopping it. Kobe is our MVP but he may have shot us out of this game.

Another reason why we lost...Look at how we shot in the 4th. They play GOOD DAMN D on us and we shot horrible. 5-20? That's just not going to get it done.

I don't want to hear crap about the refs.. but I know no matter what laker fans will blame the ref's.
tired.gif

I am sorry guys I can't co-sign that. We had our chances and we didn't do it. But hey....

ITS GAME FREAKING ONE! Yeah I know phil's record when he wins the first game but hey it didn't happen.

Laker nation don't get down. We were going to lose one game one. Now we have to go back and we have to steal game 2.

So please laker fans... I beg of you. Don't blame the ref's. We just played a horrible second half and kobe had a horrible night.
That's the realest %*#$ I've read in here. Everything was the truth. And yeah, it's ONLY GAME ONE, so everyones got to chill.

laugh.gif
And that is suppose to mean?

Exactly what I said.

Im not doubting Paul sprained his knee...but Im thinking he heard Kendrick Perkins ankle pop. He did sprain it on the same play.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

The guy reverted back to the Kobe of the past 3 years and didnt play the way that made him the league MVP this season.

Kobe needs to realize when his shot isnt going down he needs to drive and kick to his shooter like DFish tonight who was hitting his shot.

I was really pissed when Kobe kept shooting fadeaway shots with 2 or 3 defenders on him the whole night.Kobe played right into the hands of the way the Celtics planned and wanted him to play.This type of play tonight is exactly the reason why Lamar Odom couldnt get involved in tonights game.

You can't be serious, Kobe can't carry you guys all by himself. True his shot wasn't falling, but give the man some credit. He involved histeammates, who are a lot better than the supporting cast he has had the last 3 years. Boston played some good D as well. I think both of these teams playedwell tonight, but not their best by far. I can see this series going 7 easy.

I'm slightly worried. The first half was fine but I thought we could have played with more energy. Our scoring was pretty balanced. Kobe... he missedgood looks in the 1st quarter but the C's played great defense as the game progressed. On the defensive side, we were okay except for all the touch fouls. Where's Ariza though, I would like to see him. IMO we lost when PP hit the 2 three's and we couldn't get a break from the refs.

Game 2 is too far away. Lakers will no doubt win. Kobe will start stronger, Cassell/PJ won't have the same impact and the supporting cast will shootbetter. Maybe a few calls in our favor.
nerd.gif

I have a sour taste in my mouth
sick.gif

smh.gif

the lakers just couldn't execute in the 4th quarter... those dudes were gettin tapped on their shots and thats just how it goes sometimes...

pau and LO have to rebound and stop giving the C's second chance opportunities... if not, the series could be over quick
tired.gif

oh yeah, PJ brown did a hell of a job out there..

i dont get Kobe. its weird because he doesnt have that same aggression on the road that he does at home. you cant expect your role players to play the same onthe road as they do at home which is exactly why he shoulda been taking most of the shots down the stretch.

i had a feeling people would be complaining about refs and what not however THEY are not completely the blame for this lost and to think so, you must belackadaisical. lol

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

I was really pissed when Kobe kept shooting fadeaway shots with 2 or 3 defenders on him the whole night.Kobe played right into the hands of the way the Celtics planned and wanted him to play.This type of play tonight is exactly the reason why Lamar Odom couldnt get involved in tonights game.

You can't blame kobe...

COMPLETELY.

Yes he did force. But we also didn't rebound. We didn't use the pick and roll that was working great plus 7 or8 shots rimmed out....

Let's just stop the blame game. Move on and think about game 2. I hope to see some of you at staples on sunday. I just got my tickets and I can't waitto scream and yell with laker fans and not in my house getting calls from neighbors asking me to shut up.
laugh.gif

$tern got that Monty Burns look on his face right now.
mr%20burns.jpg

i think the ratings are going to be through the roof.

(this is going to be a very good series btw)

Pau played great tonight. Plus who the hell ever said pau wasn't soft? He played great d tonight.
I guess I was watching a different game then you guys....
Every single Laker stunk it up tonite, and Pau got roasted on defense by the Big Ticket

Back
Top Bottom