*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

people just don;t get it..... the celtics play tough D.... kobe's bad night didn;t come by accident..... he made some crazy shots, and he missed some, itis what it is..... the ones to really blame is pau and LO.....where was pau and LO?

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Now the media is gonna slurp Pierce for coming back from his "injury" and getting the game 1 win.

that was a hard injury. dude came back and play strong. no need to downplay it. if it was kobe, y'all would say he's the bravest dude on earth. get over it. both teams still have a lot more games to play. 1 game doesn't decide a series.

laugh.gif
That was a wack female dog fake-out that only the media and punk come-out from under the rocks Boston fans would fall for.

did he not play well? why aren't you laker fans complaining that you let pp 70% from the field and got 22 pts on just 10 shots instead of worrying about if he exaggerated an injury. dude was mad efficient and was the most efficient player on the floor.

How about you actually go back and read where I DID say the Lakers were playing like garbage. Lakers didn't deserve this game, they couldn't hittheir FTs and shots. Doesn't change the fact that PP played a whack-Willis-Reed moment strolling back out poping his chest.
laugh.gif
Dude was faking it!

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I really have no idea what the hell kobe was doing out there. Was he even trying? SMH a game the Lakers could of easily won had Kobe put up 50% shooting or near it like he usually does.

Seriously though, Kobe.... What the hell was that?! Did you get paid to lose? I don't ever want to see a performance like that again.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Wow. Don't try to tell me you think Kobe wasn't trying. SO what, the dude had an off night. It's one night. How many nightshas he come and absolutely lit it up? Everyone talks about how he's such a competitor, why the hell would he not try.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

im willing to bet PP heard something pop and was just to scared to place weight on his knee so got carried off

laugh.gif
at people calling Pierce soft.
When you think something is wrong with your knee, you don't get up and try to walk on it.

Big ups to the Celtics, they COMPLETELY DOMINATED the boards, they played wonderful D as well
Kobe
smh.gif
If you're shot's not falling, stop shooting and forcing up bad shots.
Our offensive execution in the 4th was
smh.gif
I don't know why we got away from the Pick-N-Roll

With that said, it's only 1 game.
Kobe played like complete ++!# and we only lost by 8 or something, that's not too bad.

P.S. Don't blame the refs. The entire playoffs they have given a slight advantage to the home team.
If you're going to blame the refs, blame the ticky-tac fouls that they call on both sides.

I'm not worried, and I really didn't expect them to win game 1.. We played like doggie poo anyways... I'm still predicting Lakers in 6 though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

was wondering when youd show up tupac. saw you posting in the season thread but not here.
I have this thing were I try to stay out of the game thread untill after the game.

But damn I posted when PP went down (and I shouldn't have cuzz it went down hill after
roll.gif
)

But I just wish we would stop trying to down play what happened to PP. I play the game a lot. When he went down I thought he was done. But I also know I havehad injuries that looked horrible but I came back and played. I am glad he came back (even though he killed us
mad.gif
)

All I can say its one game. We were there the whole time and just couldn't shoot in the 4th...

Don't know what else to say.

*edit*, I think SKA saves y'all from the scrutiny sometimes. He is one of the few knowledgeable Laker fans in the board. The reason why they lost wassimply because...

1. Pau is a soft dude....he relies on over the backs to get rebounds. And he cannot stay in front of Garnett.
2. Kobe forced up too many shots.
3. Farmar and Walton need to step up.
4. Celtics help defense was too good.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif
When you think something is wrong with your knee, you don't get up and try to walk on it.

Big ups to the Celtics, they COMPLETELY DOMINATED the boards, they played wonderful D as well
Kobe
smh.gif
smh.gif

Kobe played like complete ++!# and we only lost by 8 or something, that's not too bad.

P.S. Don't blame the refs. The entire playoffs they have given a slight advantage to the home team.
If you're going to blame the refs, blame the ticky-tac fouls that they call on both sides.
SoHi & pac
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ronald0

apparently kobe left the arena after the 3rd quarter
eek.gif

I'm assuming you're talking about that 4th quarter performance...

tired.gif

Not sure what was going on tonight.

Cot damn some of you can't take a loss respectfully. It's ok we got next game. We have nothing to complain about, we just didn't play well down thestretch. Kobe had an off night and settled for his jumper(which angered to no end). He just needs to attack the rim and get to the line. Gasol and the rest ofthe front court didn't want to box out for some estrogen reason. Everyone just relax. IT's GAME ONE, on their court. We just have to steal the nextgame and I believe we got next game. Don't lose faith. We got it......Now I have to go back to answering all these phone calls I'm getting.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif

Kobe
smh.gif
smh.gif

Thank you

Originally Posted by 24jayhawk24

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I really have no idea what the hell kobe was doing out there. Was he even trying? SMH a game the Lakers could of easily won had Kobe put up 50% shooting or near it like he usually does.

Seriously though, Kobe.... What the hell was that?! Did you get paid to lose? I don't ever want to see a performance like that again.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Wow. Don't try to tell me you think Kobe wasn't trying. SO what, the dude had an off night. It's one night. How many nights has he come and absolutely lit it up? Everyone talks about how he's such a competitor, why the hell would he not try.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Co-sign. I don't understand it, Kobe hit 90% of those same jumpers he missed tonight, except for maybe 4 shots which he did force, and has been theentire playoffs, and all of a sudden he has bad shot selection, if half of those shots go down, is it still bad shot selection, no cause he made them. but ifthey don't go in he's forcing everytime down, like Phil said in the post game presser, he had a lot of shots that were in and out. and another thing inoticed, some of the laker supporters hate when others are called out for poor showings, but those same people love to jump on bean when he has an off night
grin.gif

All in all, Lakers fans shouldn't feel too bad.

I mean, they went cold in the 4th, and it was still pretty close most of the way.

Kobe makes an apperance, and it very well could have swung in their favor.

Just focus on Game 2, as if the Lakers can get that one, then they go back to LA for 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom