Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
everyone says they wanna be here until they get traded

Dont get me wrong i like what Morris has done fur us but im not expecting anything

Come on man ....

Why is everything impossible to you?

Clips are hungry for a chip, why is it unthinkable that they won't give a first rounder for a win now team?
My feet are grounded and I don't look at sports emotionally for the most part but logically. Knicks fans would love to get a first rd pick for Morris but I don't see it. I'm not a fan of Morris but he's played well and taken pressure off of the rookie and 2nd year player which I like.

My feet are grounded and I don't look at sports emotionally for the most part but logically. Knicks fans would love to get a first rd pick for Morris but I don't see it. I'm not a fan of Morris but he's played well and taken pressure off of the rookie and 2nd year player which I like.
How is that an emotional take?

You have a team in the clips that did some major signing and a significant trade this off season. They might need 1 player to take then over the top and if that's Morris a dude that's hitting the three effectively pretty good on defense and someone that can give good minutes .. how is he not worth a late first rounder which is what the Clippers would have anyways????

Anyways ....

You have a team in the clips that did some major signing and a significant trade this off season. They might need 1 player to take then over the top and if that's Morris a dude that's hitting the three effectively pretty good on defense and someone that can give good minutes .. how is he not worth a late first rounder which is what the Clippers would have anyways????

Anyways ....
I am with you on that, the only teams interested in him would either being giving a late first rounder next year because the are contenders or a future first rounder, a late second rounder does little for the team and i would keep him if that is all you could get.

Anyways ....
You see that as a smart basketball move for the Knicks I see it as an emotional trade that favors the Clippers. Cant keep trading players who say they want to be here but not understand why nobody they want, wants to come here.

You see that as a smart basketball move for the Knicks I see it as an emotional trade that favors the Clippers. Cant keep trading players who say they want to be here but not understand why nobody they want, wants to come here.
I'm not talking about trading him, I just agreed with the comment made.

He can yield a 1st rounder.

You just moved the goalpost and talking about keeping him.

I like Morris, if he works out for the Knicks, cool.

However, as you said a 30+ player which is playing very good is going to demand a lot of money. Although we have.a lot to give is he the player you throw the bag at?

Also, who else did we trade the publicly stated they wanted to be here? Melo?

I'm not talking about trading him, I just agreed with the comment made.

He can yield a 1st rounder.

You just moved the goalpost and talking about keeping him.

I like Morris, if he works out for the Knicks, cool.

However, as you said a 30+ player which is playing very good is going to demand a lot of money. Although we have.a lot to give is he the player you throw the bag at?

Also, who else did we trade the publicly stated they wanted to be here? Melo?
I moved nothing :lol: you asked a question and I answered. I don't like Morris for the record.

I dont necessarily agree with it, but the more i'm starting to think about it, i don't think we'll be making much trades if we continue this close to .500 pace by the deadline.

I feel like they're gonna try to bring this exact team back next year except the players that are on the outside looking in right now.

Trier, DSJ, Wayne, maybe even Taj might be on the go.

kind of don’t want any trades anymore, let them Gel as a team and get some continuity and let’s see where this goes. We need these vets to mentor.

I dont necessarily agree with it, but the more i'm starting to think about it, i don't think we'll be making much trades if we continue this close to .500 pace by the deadline.

I feel like they're gonna try to bring this exact team back next year outside of the players that are on the outside looking in right now.

Trier, DSJ, Wayne, maybe even Taj might be on the go.
Was just typing as your post came through. Completely agree that Trier, DSJ and Wayne are the most likely to go but def want to keep Taj around.

I'd still want to move Morris for a 1st though. Unless miraculously we're in 8th seed contention, we have to. Having three FRPs from other teams is how blockbuster trades are made.

Sucks though because if we trade him, I think there is something in the CBA saying he can't sign back with us in the offseason.

I'd still want to move Morris for a 1st though. Unless miraculously we're in 8th seed contention, we have to. Having three FRPs from other teams is how blockbuster trades are made.

Sucks though because if we trade him, I think there is something in the CBA saying he can't sign back with us in the offseason.
I feel you on that. Been wanting the Morris twins with us forever, finally got one and he’s trade bait :smh:

Perfect. A handshake agreement should be in place if he really wants to be here. Better get an asset or two now.

Trade that fool, man.

Trade all those dudes on one year deals for whatever you can get. Other than Morris, they're mostly useless. No point in keeping Morris because by the time you eventually add enough talent to have this team compete, he's going to have nothing to offer. We've won 10 games. I don't see the point of trying so desperately to keep this team together. I'm willing to bet 75% of the roster now wont be here and/or wont be in the league in 5 years.

Morris is a vet, but lets not act like he's some great influence for the guys around him. He's not really a leader, just a decent player entering the second act of his career. I don't think trading him is going to hurt the development of our young players much.

If you can get a first rounder (which I'm almost sure you can from a contending team) you have to make the deal. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't make any moves, though.

Yea you definitely have to trade him. But it comes down to if you cant sign big FAs, dont you have to build some kind of continuity with role players? How long are we gonna keep having roster turnover?

Like I hated Portis, but he's come a long way. Dude actually passes now and is a good scorer off the bench. Replaceable though.

Its very very very hard to build a core with just young players. Kings, Suns, Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, etc etc are trying it and unless you hit on a generational talent and sign the right role players (Jokic + Denver) its just not gonna happen.

We suck in free agency too so its almost like we're stuck with focusing on player development through the draft and maybe making a blockbuster trade for a disgruntled star (KAT).

Yeah if Kuz if available I’d love to have him at the right price but we don’t have anyone outside of Morris that the Lakers would really want

Back
Top Bottom