The offical Beard thread : Growing and maintenance

Sonny Corinthos

formerly joeclear
I just started taking growing my beard out and I have ways to go in order to get fullness : I hear uses a wooden comb is good .

What products do you guys recommend ?

How often do you wash and condition ?

How long have you been growing ?

etc.

I been growing mine out to for about 3 months now. Get a beard shampoo (I like mountaineer brand) to wash it a couple times a week. After you shower use a beard oil (I use Viking revolution) the oil is for the skin under the beard to help prevent dryness and itching. Than use a beard balm (I use Honest Amish made with organic ingredients) kinda smells alittle like black liquorish which i hate lol but works good and doesn’t bother me to much. This is to keep the beard hairs soft and will shape your beard hairs the way you want them to go. I’ve never had any itching by doing these 3 steps. Also yeah I use a wood comb and a brush that has boar bristles. Good luck

Really nothing. I have a straight razor, Andis outliner and Oster 76 clippers. I comb it and brush probably 3-4 days a week. Some days I just leave it alone. Probably condition it once a month. I’m really low maintenance with mines.

I line myself (with the Andis/straight razor combo) couple times a week. If you wanna learn how to edge yourself up, just to maintain it, if you can’t make it to a barber, just go on YouTube

I’ve been growing mines off and on for about 7 years

B0959BCE-F80A-41A9-BE89-8577FCC1D226.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been using JBCO to fill in a few weaker spots. Does argan oil help with that too?

I use all honest amish products from the bar of soap, premium beard oil, and the beard balm and use a boar bristle brush.

I dont see how black folks can use a comb on their beard mines just snags pulls hairs out have to find me a good comb but i only use a brush right now.

I use all honest amish products from the bar of soap, premium beard oil, and the beard balm and use a boar bristle brush.

I dont see how black folks can use a comb on their beard mines just snags pulls hairs out have to find me a good comb but i only use a brush right now.

you gotta wet it before combing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

don’t comb it while it’s dry

Love the idea of this thread.

I've been growing and maintaining my beard for about 2 years now.

Here are the products I love to use:

-Drew

Rockin the big beard right now, but been had a full beard since like 2010...I hit it with the beard shampoo every once in a while and pick it out regularly ....Get a line up at the barber every other week and If i cant make it I got the Andis clippers in the crib

Cant see myself ever shaving, aint about that baby face life :lol:

Rockin the big beard right now, but been had a full beard since like 2010...I hit it with the beard shampoo every once in a while and pick it out regularly ....Get a line up at the barber every other week and If i cant make it I got the Andis clippers in the crib

Cant see myself ever shaving, aint about that baby face life :lol:
Facts

There's people in my life that never seen me without a beard lol.

I line my beard every other day, my facial hair grows fast. Rock it at varying lengths, sometimes let it go for 6+ mths. Right now it's like 3, chopped it down for a new drivers license pic a while back.

Ladies love a big beard if it's lined up and well taken care of. See some cats are work rocking beards and that **** look dutty :lol: :smh:

I've been using the Scotch Porter set (conditioner, shampoo, serum, and balm) for about a year now and recently picked up the Shea Moisture balm and oil last night. This morning was my first time using but off rip the Shea moisture's scent is not as loud as the Scotch Porter.

Dont get me wrong, the scent on the SP isn't bad but it would often clash with my fragrance. The Shea Moisture balm is also noticeably harder and almost wax like. I'm wondering if heating it up a bit would help before applying.

Going to see how it plays out over time. The price difference is crazy as well.

Facts

I line my beard every other day, my facial hair grows fast. Rock it at varying lengths, sometimes let it go for 6+ mths. Right now it's like 3, chopped it down for a new drivers license pic a while back.

Ladies love a big beard if it's lined up and well taken care of. See some cats are work rocking beards and that **** look dutty :lol: :smh:

As a kid I said I’d never grow a beard. Only goatee...... my how the mind changes!! I never wanted full coverage. And fortunately I got blessed.

my homeboys be seeeeeeeething mad.

having a beard is like being great in every sport, and you’re not even really passionate about either of them :lol: :lol:

I've been using the Scotch Porter set (conditioner, shampoo, serum, and balm) for about a year now and recently picked up the Shea Moisture balm and oil last night. This morning was my first time using but off rip the Shea moisture's scent is not as loud as the Scotch Porter.

Dont get me wrong, the scent on the SP isn't bad but it would often clash with my fragrance. The Shea Moisture balm is also noticeably harder and almost wax like. I'm wondering if heating it up a bit would help before applying.

Going to see how it plays out over time. The price difference is crazy as well.
Yeah I initially got the Scotch Porter off their website using a coupon, but I would never pay damn near $100 for that. I do like SP's balm, though.

359C2106-3304-4C23-9EE8-52ABEEB811EC.jpeg

also have a scented beard oil from Dollar Shave Club that pairs well with my colognes

comb and brush regularly

I'm new to the beard game...im about 3 months in..to my surpise my **** looks good..im at that phase where I'm like I'm never going to shave again lol..but well see how long that last.

I low-key envy dudes who's beard connect at the top of their mustache like Adrian broners. that's the type of beard I want

Last edited:
lol naw I don't have any bald spots mines just connects on the side of my goatee like most people..I have some decent growth but I just want a big full beard like AB

Been actually putting effort In growing my beard out for probably 5 months now. Been trimming/cutting it at the barbershop and it’s finally starting to get full. It takes me a few weeks to get long though, I’m def not the hairiest dude around. Gotta let it grow and maintain and I’ll be happy with it at some point this year I think :lol:

gonna check out some of these products too, it definitely gets dry, plus I have (mild) psoriasis on my head so I’m worried about that popping up on my face

Facts

A couple months ago i realized I’ve never seen my dad without a beard :lol:

I trim my beard down to an 8 or 9 setting with my philips-norelco beard trimmer then line it up with a wahl groomer. I line my neck with a razor. Wish I could grow it longer but then the texture gets stringy and not full and looks gross. There’s a limit to my Asian beard genetics.

Back
Top Bottom