The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

Smh. Unbelievable. At some point I knew Melvin would dig into the rotation, but Hammel? C'mon man...I'm sure we could have squeezed an inning out of Shark or Kaz to save the season...

Every post season, same ol' story...and it always hurts the same....

Helluva game

Our season in one game!!!

This winter is gonna be brutal. It will be grey, Pom, and two guys coming off tj (one his 2nd)

Gonna be last yrs astros without the young talent for a while...

Just find is a home (or owner).

Be well gents

Shark kaz sonny left off wc roster...
They were gonna start vs laa...hamm wasn't. So...they went with hamm

This is who we are.

Good luck to Kansas City. Anyone but the Angels/Cardinals/Giants to win the World Series, please.

I want to say I hope KC wins it all simply bc I don't want any of the other teams winning it...but I don't want KC winning it either because you know we die hard Raider fans can't support KC sports lol

Last edited:
I legitimately feel like a part of my sports fandom died during this season. I can't even get angry anymore over this team, just mildly disappointed.

I think next year if we have a team thread it should be started by someone else. I don't have the desire to do it anymore.

I legitimately feel like a part of my sports fandom died during this season. I can't even get angry anymore over this team, just mildly disappointed.

I think next year if we have a team thread it should be started by someone else. I don't have the desire to do it anymore.

Exactly
We all had 2 months to prep for what culminated tonite

Hell, I'm not even tilted. My girl, sf fan, is taking this harder than I am!!!

Good 4 year run. Too bad we never advanced...my gawd

This collapse has to b the worst in history. Jus sickening. Favored to win WS with best record in baseball goin into August to playin on the road and losing a wild card game. Unreal...

Smh. Unbelievable. At some point I knew Melvin would dig into the rotation, but Hammel? C'mon man...I'm sure we could have squeezed an inning out of Shark or Kaz to save the season...

Every post season, same ol' story...and it always hurts the same....

They weren't on the roster

Helluva game

Our season in one game!!!

This winter is gonna be brutal. It will be grey, Pom, and two guys coming off tj (one his 2nd)

Gonna be last yrs astros without the young talent for a while...

Just find is a home (or owner).

Be well gents

Shark is under contract next season as well

This collapse has to b the worst in history. Jus sickening. Favored to win WS with best record in baseball goin into August to playin on the road and losing a wild card game. Unreal...

Not the worst but historically bad for sure

I actually thought they would win this game losing coco and bringing in Gomes pretty much killed it not mad though they played well

Now I've got to prepair for another stretch like 07-11 because this team will be bad for a while

Oh yea and Lowrie sucks at shortstop

Still can't believe Moss hit 2 homers

They ran a base stealing train on Norris b-hole

^I have em offing shark and kaz this winter...if not more

And quite honestly, it's gonna be worse than 07-11 and likely longer...

There's nothing in...well, Nashville now, or midland that resembles anything that can contribute consistently

Olsen, Nunez, rob and all we really have left and they're not close to ready

why are we like the cincinnati bengals of the MLB...get to the playoffs only to make absolutely no noise.

^I have em offing shark and kaz this winter...if not more

And quite honestly, it's gonna be worse than 07-11 and likely longer...

There's nothing in...well, Nashville now, or midland that resembles anything that can contribute consistently

Olsen, Nunez, rob and all we really have left and they're not close to ready

If they were to off shark kaz and Donaldson, moss if he can bring back value I could see them being back in four years hopefully around the time a new stadium is being built just far enough away for the A's to get a new TV deal

If they were to off shark kaz and Donaldson, moss if he can bring back value I could see them being back in four years hopefully around the time a new stadium is being built just far enough away for the A's to get a new TV deal

given that the dark age has been set upon that A's for the next couple of seasons, would anyone be willing to build a new stadium for a team playing below .500?

given that the dark age has been set upon that A's for the next couple of seasons, would anyone be willing to build a new stadium for a team playing below .500?
If it means more money for Lou, then of course...

Talk about heartbreaking. I'm not even going to get in on talking about the game. All I know is this team will find a way to lose, it's what they do. Blow the organization up, from top to bottom. I need to find a way to be a casual fan and not care anymore, I can't keep doing this. :lol: :smh:

Guess I'll be getting my money back for these:

View media item 1202164

Talk about heartbreaking. I'm not even going to get in on talking about the game. All I know is this team will find a way to lose, it's what they do. Blow the organization up, from top to bottom. I need to find a way to be a casual fan and not care anymore, I can't keep doing this.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Guess I'll be getting my money back for these:
laugh.gif
 I was just tellin my wife this morning the same thing...it's not healthy being an Oakland fan these days.

Seen someone tweet last night that the best 24 hours for a sports city right now is Kansas City. The worst 24 hours for a sports city right now is Oakland 
ohwell.gif

Wild card round should be a 3 game series. Format is stupid
Wholeheartedly disagree with this.  It is absolutely unfair for the division winners to have to sit around and wait for a week while the wildcard series happens.  Baseball is a game of timing, and having the division winners sit around for a week would not be fair to them.

Speculation that we might trade Donaldson and/or Shark. Pretty pessimistic myself, considering Lester is going to dip and everyone else in the AL West is improving FAST. Sigh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom