The NBA Draft Thread

Nets really like Lopez, Lopez really likes the Nets. He's survived all February trade deadlines and all summers. I really don't think hes going anywhere, no matter his age or skill set. He's about 24 points from being the Nets all time scoring leader and last I heard Nets want 2 first rounders for him if they were make a trade.

If the lakers lose this pick, they will lose their 2019 1st round pick to the Magic as well. The can't trade back to back first round picks rule. So if the lakers keep this pick, they will send next years to philly and the first round pick to Orlando turns into 2 seconds. So they have incentive to keep this pick.
Wait wut. First time hearing about this

So it's either

Lose this year pick + keep next year first round pick + lose 2019 first round pick
Keep this year pick + lose next year first round pick + keep 2019 first round pick
Yeah. They traded a first round pick to the suns for Nash, then traded for Dwight that included a first round pick after. But they needed that suns pick(then traded to Philly) to hit first so they know what year they get the first because you can't trade back to back first round picks. So the first trade needed to be excited before this year before the first round pick to stay a 1st round pick. Now if it happens after this year, it turns into 2 second round picks.

Also keep in mind the nets are gonna be throwing a max at every free agent and RFA in sight. Last year everybody had cap so matching was a no brainer, this year they could realistically come up on an Otto or kcp

I'm not expecting him to be a bust or anything but from the little I've seen his talent doesn't jump off the screen. He makes cute plays here and there but he's not really athletic and can't really get by anyone. He kinda reminds me of a Boris diaw type. One of those guys who has size and just kinda adequate handles and agility so they let him dribble. I've seen people call him a phenom and all this other stuff but it's hard for me to heap that kinda praise on someone who's not an elite athlete.

Totally agree with that last sentence especially as a wing. The only thing that would change my mind would be if he's an extra elite shooter at an early age.

Also keep in mind the nets are gonna be throwing a max at every free agent and RFA in sight. Last year everybody had cap so matching was a no brainer, this year they could realistically come up on an Otto or kcp
Don't see any of the big RFAs (Porter, Noel, KCP) not getting re-signed by their current team. They could go after guys like Jrue Holiday, Ibaka, Gallinari, George Hill, Teague, etc. While they do have a lot of cap space, Marks doesn't strike me as someone that is just going to be throwing money around at guys that aren't worth it...

Last edited:
Thomas Welsch and Aaron Holiday testing the NBA waters I see.

They'll be back though.

Draft is top heavy next year. They both definitely would have went lottery (sans injury) next year. Still smart tho. I'm not a fan of returning for a sophomore season anyway if you're a 1st round lock. 

I can't remember Gonzaga having any 1 and done's before.

Last edited:
You stack this summer projected lottery to next and I'm sticking with this summer as being easier to going lottery concerning Allen and Collins

Point is the timing is right to go now

Last edited:
There's a pretty obvious spot in the back end of the lottery for decent bigs. Collins and Allen will have no problem going that 11-14 range.

Zach Collins gonna be a dud in the NBA.

Gonzaga played 7 teams ranked in the Final AP Top 25 poll in 2016-17.

Arizona, Florida, Iowa State, St Mary's three times, UNC

His averages in those games?

7.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 0.3 assists, 0.4 steals, 1.1 blocks, 1.6 turnovers

I really don't see what the hype is about.

Go back a few pages...Legit 7 footer that runs the floor, blocks shots, rebounds, has a decent offensive game and plays hard. Basically fits the exact mold of your modern NBA center. He only averaged 17 MPG because he was playing behind Karnowski. Look at his per 40 stats. He obviously needs some work on his game, but he's young, and as a late lotto pick, he has solid upside and could end up being a starting center in a couple years.

Or maybe his averages look like that c aide his coach played him limited minutes even though he was clearly the best player on the team

Back
Top Bottom