The movie 'Kids' vol. Is this whats really good in the streets?

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Man, I'm not sure where some of ya'll are from, or how old you are, but that is a pretty accurate version of my childhood right there. It came out when I was 15 (same age as most of the kids in the movie) and even living in the midwest that was basically my daily life. You cats are acting like they were doing some really WILD stuff, but on the real... Stealing/getting some dude to buy us 40's for a couple extra bucks, smoking weed, doing whip-its, tagging random chicks, all while going from skate spot to skate spot is basically how I spent the majority of my teenage years. Granted the whole "only virgins"/aids storyline is slightly contrived, but it isn't like I didn't see mess like that going down.

I've been assuming that kids now-a-days have only gotten worse... But between you kids and my little step sisters I'm starting to wonder if I was just a "bad kid". You might want to expand your horizons. I attribute my teen years for the reason I was looking at kids wilding in college like they were ridiculous. Get it out of your system now.

word..growing up,especially my early years in HS it was all about drugs,women,skateboarding, and alcohol. always up to no good

They tried to "scare us straight" with this movie in 7th grade. After the end of the movie everybody wanted to make-out and breathe green.
pimp.gif

has anyone seen Ken Park by Larry Clark..that movie is strange too but sick, sum of my skate homies are in that movie

Originally Posted by Jaye05

Originally Posted by CWrite78

movie isnt that great, but it's entertaining. A lot more realistic than Ken Park that's for sure. If you ever get a chance, watch Kidulthood, also a very good movie IMO.. it's made in london and it's much more relevant to our times since it was only made 2 years ago.
is it really that good? i seen the cover for it and it looked like a low budget movie

Low budget movies are the best !

Flick is too real...

The opening scene makes me uncomfortable as hell now
laugh.gif
Back in the day I stayed rewinding and instant replaying that %%*@ on mute tho
nerd.gif
smh.gif
Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Originally Posted by Reginald Noble

That movie isn't really that realistic I mean sure some of it is but damn I'm in HS and have never seen some *%%! like that at least to that extent....Maybe I need to movie to Nyc or grow up in the 90's?
Nothing extraordinary goes down. You go to high school in a big-medium sized city, I can damn near guarantee you somebody you know or have class with has at least a medium-degree STD, maybe even AIDS.

You never got messed up at a party ? We all have, I did last week, I even deflowered some chick and made her call me telly

"Virgins, I lub em"

laugh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

nyc is still like that a little bit its not as wild as the movie but it comes pretty close imo

this is one of my favorite movies of all time if you cant relate to this moive in so way get the f of the internet and live life...... and you'll soon see.i know grown ppl. who still live and act like this granted ii do live in nyc.

I could relate to that whole movie cause I used to sweet talk girls just like Telly. I liked it. Reminded me of the times in 95, even though when I firstwatched it I was just a about 15. I'm 26 now, watched it with my girlfriend and was taken back.
laugh.gif

The fight scene in the park was great...nyc was soo great 5-10 years ago when black dudes HATED skaters..if you went skating at a bball court, you would getchased off..now you got every black kid on the D train holding a skate board with trucks that look like new...word to pharell

Originally Posted by Bree Olsen

The fight scene in the park was great...nyc was soo great 5-10 years ago when black dudes HATED skaters..if you went skating at a bball court, you would get chased off..now you got every black kid on the D train holding a skate board with trucks that look like new...word to pharell
Its called CHANGE.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

movie isnt that great, but it's entertaining. A lot more realistic than Ken Park that's for sure. If you ever get a chance, watch Kidulthood, also a very good movie IMO.. it's made in london and it's much more relevant to our times since it was only made 2 years ago.

I seen/own it on dvd, it its a good film seen kidulthood as well. But back to KIDS I think Larry Clarke is a perv son has wild nudity in all his films, thesekids getting it on in all his films. Some of the things in KIDS was outlandish, but hey that !++@ does happen in real life. THE SAD THINK IS THAT ALL HISMOVIES AFTER KIDS WERE SO CRAPPP I mean the worst, good thing he hung it up.

Originally Posted by obie21

has anyone seen Ken Park by Larry Clark..that movie is strange too but sick, sum of my skate homies are in that movie
Ken Park is good...last scene
eek.gif
ol girl got it INNNNowwwwwwwwwww
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

was that sperm real ? prosthetic penis
nerd.gif
?

thats NY in the 90's ... Imma a 80's baby so I relate to that flick alot..... that flick is the truth

yea um is there anywhere i can watch this movie? besidses buyin the VHS..youtube is slacking lately B

eek.gif
ol girl got it INNNN owwwwwwwwwww
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
?

wait what??movies are allowed to show below the belt nudity??!*+ B im lost right now fam
%%*+*% is showin penises on film and @%#+?
sick.gif

eek.gif
ol girl got it INNNN owwwwwwwwwww
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
?
I just downloaded ken Park and that movie is def weird and crazy and that sperm looked real it was so sick tho. and I had seen Kids before but Idownloaded it agian and saw it still crazy movie both of them. Any other movies like this? I already have seen Kidulthood and Adulthood thanks to my buddy aXXo. I also saw Thirteen before.

Back
Top Bottom